Forums are back in action! ×

What games is everyone currently playing?

I'm on a serious Oblivion kick. My brother got me the game for Christmas, and I've had a lot of down time during winter break where the weather's been too dire to go out, which apparently equates to slightly obsessive gaming (Assassin's Creed and Borderlands as well!). Fun stuff :D

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Battlefield 4! I'm top 3000 out of 500000 snipers!

haha nice!

Donkey Kong 64. Aw yeah!

I loved Donkey Kong back in the day!

I'm on a serious Oblivion kick. My brother got me the game for Christmas, and I've had a lot of down time during winter break where the weather's been too dire to go out, which apparently equates to slightly obsessive gaming (Assassin's Creed and Borderlands as well!). Fun stuff :D

I love when I have extended periods of time to really get into a game :D

I've been going back through Knights of the Old Republic. Such a great game.

I am not familiar with that game, I'll have to google it.

COD Ghost's. BF4 has been too laggy here in Oz for me and my friends to ever enjoy a good game.

Yea we don't have the best internet do we? We have seriously thought about moving to where we can get NBN, too bad we hate the areas :/

Anyone ever play Runescape? I met my husband on that game. LOL yes we are ''those'' people.

• Like 1

Level 6 Ranger/Warrior

Str:26 Dex:13 Stam:17 Con:12 Wis:12 Cha:3

Current Challenge: A Ranger Respawns

I am currently play the new Dayz stand alone alpha, It has been a few days, I play when I have free time, but wanted to get everything sorted for this challenge. I also play a bit of WOW, Battlefield 3. How about yourselves?

LOVE Dayz. Although it definitely scares me as to how people would really act in a zombie apocalypse lol

I feel like every time this question comes up I have the same answer but I'm playing Dark Souls. Again. I might need a 12 step program...

• Like 1

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Replaying all of mass effect on insanity... because... I don't even know why I started this.  Well because I never did any DLCs for any of them so re-doing it now with all the content.

1 was brutal.  "Cheating" currently in 2 by using Sentinel.

• Like 3
Affekonig, level 6 Númenórean Druid STR 10|DEX 12|STA 10.5|CON 8|WIS 7|CHA 6.5

I've been going back through Knights of the Old Republic. Such a great game.

I loooooooove that one!!! But my computer won't run it because it's too old (it barely can load a youtube video anymore)!  :frown-new:

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Playing a bit of WoW with the new NF Guild. Didn't pick up MoP until recently, so got some new content to get through. Other than that, went on a small spending spree with the past couple of Steam sale events. These aren't all the games I bought, but the ones I'm focusing on the most. Currently having a bit of gaming ADD by jumping from one to another and not putting enough time into a single game right now.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

- I have loved the Castlevania series since the orginal on NES, but have never cared for any of the 3D versions. This one is sticking. Really good game so far!

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

- I'm late to the party. I'm not a big western RPG fan and kept putting this one off for the longest time, but got it on Steam for super cheap. Not a fan of the first person view and never knew it actually had a 3rd person view. Makes the game so much more enjoyable for me! Need to play more, but lost a good amount of progress with some Steam Cloud sync issue and haven't gotten around to catching back up to where I was.

Dust: An Elysian Tail

- Looked interesting and got it for cheap. Such a fun RPG platformer. Gorgeous game!

BioShock Infinite

- Never really played the BioShock series, but again....got this for cheap and have heard great things. Not very far in it just yet, but really enjoying it.

Dishonored

- Same as BioShock comment. Heard great things, got it for cheap, not very far into it, but really great game so far.

DmC

- I bought the original Devil May Cry and loved it along with a couple of the others. This was a no brainer when it came up on sale.

The Witcher

- These games always interested me, so I picked them both up. Working through the first one and really liking it.

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

- Haven't started it just yet, but with all the great reviews, I had to pick it up.

EDIT: BTW.....username on Steam is icedtrip

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I am not familiar with that game, I'll have to google it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32370/

It goes on sale quite often, I picked it up for $2.50 a few years ago when it was still regularly $20.

I loooooooove that one!!! But my computer won't run it because it's too old (it barely can load a youtube video anymore)!  :frown-new:

Sounds like you need to start upgrading your hardware. KotOR hardly requires any resources by today's standards,

Sounds like you need to start upgrading your hardware. KotOR hardly requires any resources by today's standards,

Haha I know...I've just had the same laptop for six years. I've been saving up for a new desktop computer, so hopefully in the next year I can upgrade.

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Slowly trudging thru the Mass Effect series (bout halfway through ME2) and Assassin's Creed series -- on consoles I am the very definition of casual player.

MMOs, there is only one I play, and pretty "hardcore" at that: EVE Online. Yes, it's an MMO on "Legendary" difficulty, its reputation is well-deserved, and yes, I am one of those elitist d!ck types that looks down his nose at pretty much every "WoW/WoW-clone vanilla themepark MMO" out there. ;-)

Insert witty & pithy saying here.

Normally I'm an RPG fan of the Mass Effect/Dragon Age ilk, but lately I've been slogging through the Starbound Beta.  Sometimes it feels like Mining Simulator 5000, but I'm enjoying it a lot. 

The Osprey

Race: Half- Elf | Class: Aspiring Ranger

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA ]

Current Challenge: Learning to Fly |  My group: Fellowship of the Fit

Slowly trudging thru the Mass Effect series (bout halfway through ME2) and Assassin's Creed series -- on consoles I am the very definition of casual player.

MMOs, there is only one I play, and pretty "hardcore" at that: EVE Online. Yes, it's an MMO on "Legendary" difficulty, its reputation is well-deserved, and yes, I am one of those elitist d!ck types that looks down his nose at pretty much every "WoW/WoW-clone vanilla themepark MMO" out there. ;-)

I love me some Eve! but I also love me some WoW/WoW-clone vanilla themepark MMO's too :PI haven't played much recently and have even fallen behind on keeping my skill queue going (I know...bad WizardTrip!). This is just one of those games I'll always circle back to. Once I get through some of my gaming ADD and go back to Eve, I'm thinking of joining a small gang pirate corp :)

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

:-) Stay Frosty in Hevrice is prob exactly what you're looking for. My corp (of which Rastaban is a member) is solo/small-gang-centric, but not into piracy. Mordu's Legion loyalists are we.

Haha!! Stay Frosty is the very one I plan on joining up with. My last action before putting things on hold this past time was moving to a system next to Hevrice.

• Like 1

I've been getting a lot of play out of a survival/horror game called "Don't Starve" - I think it's regularly about $15 on Steam but I picked it up just before Christmas for about $8. Basically, the objective is to stay alive as long as possible and you have various food & other resources to make tools to get more resources.

• Like 1

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

Haha!! Stay Frosty is the very one I plan on joining up with. My last action before putting things on hold this past time was moving to a system next to Hevrice.

Sweet. Rixx is a pretty awesome PvPer, you will learn much goodness from him & co. :-) If flashy-redness and PvP l337ness is your eventual goal, Stay Frosty will prob get ya there. I have at times thought about putting an alt there myself just for the lulz and to indulge my inner griefer a lil bit.

Insert witty & pithy saying here.