Forums are back in action! ×

What games is everyone currently playing?

Well just in time for this conversation, Blizzard has announced their Black Friday sale:

• $4.99 - WoW and all expansions excluding the latest one, so; Vanilla, tBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP......
  • Like 2

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Well just in time for this conversation, Blizzard has announced their Black Friday sale:

• $4.99 - WoW and all expansions excluding the latest one, so; Vanilla, tBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP......

Pretty sweet deal.  Though I don't believe it includes the most recent xpac, Warlords of Draenor.  That's still $50, sadly.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Pretty sweet deal.  Though I don't believe it includes the most recent xpac, Warlords of Draenor.  That's still $50, sadly.  

$4.99 - WoW and all expansions excluding the latest one, so; Vanilla, tBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP......

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

We really should start a thread for that and just edit the original post with a list as people add theirs.

I'm "Rangerofthewall"

This needs to happen. I am xx s connery xx

My issue with wow is that I like the story more than anything. So I spend a good portion of time enjoying the quests and all that. And I pay so much to not really use the mmo side of it. Thats why I prefer games like dragon age.

If anyone wants to play dragon age multiplayer on the Xbox One send me a message!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

My issue with wow is that I like the story more than anything. So I spend a good portion of time enjoying the quests and all that. And I pay so much to not really use the mmo side of it. Thats why I prefer games like dragon age.

Yeah, I'm with you. That's why I prefer single player rpgs. I don't stick with mmos or even CoD type games for very long, but I can spend months with a good rpg.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm with you. That's why I prefer single player rpgs. I don't stick with mmos or even CoD type games for very long, but I can spend months with a good rpg.

Supposedly 130+ hours of content in the new DA.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

At 40 hours so far and not even at storyline halfway mark.

Current Challenge

At 40 hours so far and not even at storyline halfway mark.

Mine says over 200... I think it's counting when the xbox one sleeps...

Dropped The Witcher for the second time. I just can't seem to get into it. Starting a run through the Baldur's Gate series. 

How far in did you get? I dropped it a few times myself, but well into Chapter 2 now. I'm loving the story and just the overall atmosphere of the game, but the controls are my only complaint about it. Just want to get to the second game myself.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I bought Mass Effect on Saturday and I'm now several hours into that.

I finally started Assassins Creed: Brotherhood last night. like the story so far and the mixture of old and modern levels...like I said just started so don't know if it stays like this.

And I have just received Injustice: Gods Amongst Us looking forward to playing that.

• Like 2

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

How far in did you get? I dropped it a few times myself, but well into Chapter 2 now. I'm loving the story and just the overall atmosphere of the game, but the controls are my only complaint about it. Just want to get to the second game myself.

Outskirts of Vizima both times. Controls are clunky, graphics are inconsistent, gameplay is ok, story is generic, Geralt is annoying (anyone else think he looks like Raiden from the first Mortal Kombat movie?) and the whole "buy me flowers and I'll put out" subquests aren't working for me. 

Outskirts of Vizima both times. Controls are clunky, graphics are inconsistent, gameplay is ok, story is generic, Geralt is annoying (anyone else think he looks like Raiden from the first Mortal Kombat movie?) and the whole "buy me flowers and I'll put out" subquests aren't working for me. 

HA! Can't totally disagree with you. Again, just trying to get through it myself since I like the look of The Witcher 2 & 3 and the controls seem to be better (and, I can stream to my TV and play with a controller).

Controls are clunky....agreed, but I guess I got use to the OTS WASD style. Still not the same as other WASD style games, but the other control schemes are crap

graphics are inconsistent....agreed, but older game and older engine as well I guess. Witcher 2 looks much better, but the completionist side of me won't let me play it yet :)

gameplay is ok....agreed, nothing to write home about, just ok

story is generic....it is, but I guess there is something about the atmosphere and style of the game that keeps me interested.

Geralt is annoying....I can see this, and yes, he does remind me of Raiden!

"buy me flowers and I'll put out" subquests aren't working for me....Not all of them make you buy them flowers. Some just put out without much effort :lol:

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I don't have a problem with old graphics. The last game I played was KotOR and I'm currently playing Baldur's Gate (original, albeit with the hi-res mod). I mean within The Witcher characters will have high res textures while background objects will be far lower definition. It bothers me that the quality isn't present throughout.

As for the sex, of the three scenes I've gotten so far: Triss put out for old times sake (I guess there's a story there, I just don't know it), the waitress put out because I killed some guys who wanted to rape her (that'll put you in the mood I'm sure), then bought her booze and the peasant girl put out because I gave her some tulips I found on a corpse. I'm not the kind of person who typically uses the term "gender politics" but the gender politics in The Witcher are messed up. 

Just downloaded The Last Door collectors edition on my phone. Its pretty entertaining, and the first episode is free, so theres that... You can play the whole first season on your computer for free.

Its a little harder to navigate compared to the PC version. Other than that no complaints.

Also just played the first episode of Telltales Game of Thrones. Wrote a review in my battle log http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51383-cn3wton-dúnedain-ranger-of-the-north/?p=1305288

My fiancee really wanted to start playing WoW again so I got her the expansion for Christmas. Leveled up her Hunter for her (because I'm better at the class  :playful: ) and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I like a lot of the changes they added, and despite basically being Farmville, Garrisons are well done. I'm vaguely surprised that (albeit after only 2 minutes of looking) I couldn't find a thread about an NF guild or at least common server that people play on...

Still won't reactivate my own account until it goes FtP though... Game's not worth $15 a month.

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

My fiancee really wanted to start playing WoW again so I got her the expansion for Christmas. Leveled up her Hunter for her (because I'm better at the class  :playful: ) and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I like a lot of the changes they added, and despite basically being Farmville, Garrisons are well done. I'm vaguely surprised that (albeit after only 2 minutes of looking) I couldn't find a thread about an NF guild or at least common server that people play on...

Still won't reactivate my own account until it goes FtP though... Game's not worth $15 a month.

I don't know, I think it is worth $15 dollars a month, just not that plus 60 bucks or so for the expansion. Its a well maintained mmo and that costs a lot of money. The changes that came around with cataclysm where just amazing. 1-60 was fun leveling again.

But personally I can't afford it anymore. I would just play the story and then I would be done with it usually. I never really got into raiding and stuff. 

So basically, you're never going to reactivate your account.  lol.  

Good point about the NF guild/server thing.  I think with the advent of Battle Tags there's not as much need for a specific server.  

The really interesting/odd thing that I've noticed is, a lot of the changes they made were pretty much lifted straight from SWTOR and just renamed.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I don't know, I think it is worth $15 dollars a month, just not that plus 60 bucks or so for the expansion. Its a well maintained mmo and that costs a lot of money. The changes that came around with cataclysm where just amazing. 1-60 was fun leveling again.

But personally I can't afford it anymore. I would just play the story and then I would be done with it usually. I never really got into raiding and stuff. 

I was hardcore into end game during DC and Lich King. I quit when Cata came out because I thought it was a joke. Hated Pandaria too, wish I hadn't wasted the money on that expac when it came out...

So basically, you're never going to reactivate your account.  lol.  

Good point about the NF guild/server thing.  I think with the advent of Battle Tags there's not as much need for a specific server.  

The really interesting/odd thing that I've noticed is, a lot of the changes they made were pretty much lifted straight from SWTOR and just renamed.  

I... cannot comment on that *whistles and looks around*

Just wait an expac or two... that's all I can say.

They stole a ton from Neverwinter too... Follower missions for one. 

I actually hate battle tags to a certain extent. I think WoW started to suck when they introduced LFG and LFR because they remove A: a need to not be an asshole do you didn't develop a reputation on your server and B: a need to not suck at the game.

Anyway... haha.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

I think WoW started to suck when they introduced LFG and LFR because they remove A: a need to not be an asshole do you didn't develop a reputation on your server and B: a need to not suck at the game.

Anyway... haha.

Yeah, but LFG and LFR allow people to experience some content that previously required either spending more time with a guild than our families or standing in IF all day yelling "LFG Strat PST!". That being said, raid content sucks. I shouldn't have to do homework and download 50 addons to be an effective tank. 

• Like 1