Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

Don't use them! Save then for a third and fourth builder unless you plan on spending money on gems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Here's how I'm doing:

Posted Image

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Yours looks much better than mine... I should get walls or something... and how do you have so many trophies where's that come from... and I still can't figure out how to get the people to fight what I want them to... why go after stuff when you're being killed? And yay clan

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Yours looks much better than mine... I should get walls or something... and how do you have so many trophies where's that come from... and I still can't figure out how to get the people to fight what I want them to... why go after stuff when you're being killed? And yay clan

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

You get trophies for successfully attacking people or defending against attacks. You lose them for losing those same battles. When you attack there a certain number of trophies you can win, which is determined by the relative level of your town hall vs theirs. One star gets you 33% of that number, 2 66%, 3 stars all of the trophies. There's also a value listed for if you lose. If you see their base and decide it's not in your best interest to attack it, you can spend a little gold to find a new match.

You can't change archers and barbarians, they attack the closest thing they can reach. Once you level up your barracks you'll get goblins then giants. Giants will walk right past anything that's not a defense to attack the defense towers. Goblins do the same for gold and ether. I have you 2 giants, drop your shield next time you attack and you'll see what I mean.

We also verified its cross platform as far as clans are concerned, so we can all be in clan NF.

500 / 330 / 625

Yes it is! Now I've gotta learn how to do screenshots...

It's the lock and home button at the same time on the iPhone.

I've been doing some really nerdy things, like making excel sheets that calculate DPS for each square around my base by calculating if it's in range of each tower, and auto-formating it as a heat chart. I can then move around the placement of my defensive towers to focus DPS around my gold stores, have equal DPS around the base, or focus DPS on the most common lines of approach.

HEATMAP_zps1499a0a0.png

500 / 330 / 625

Now that I can store 40k in gold, currently saving up to re-build my clan castle so that I can join the clan :) Should have it by tonight.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Okay, I'm going to download this today and join in the fun.

Good to have you!

Took way too long to get the castle built but it's done!

Nice. Get them walls up! The nice thing is that they don't have a build or upgrade time. I just spend all the extra gold I have between builds to keep my bankrolls low and avoid attacks. I'm maxed out on my current walls now though.

I've personally hit a wall right now where I maxed out my banks and am waiting on builders to finish so I can spend mah money. I need 1000 crystals to get my 4th builder, so that's a bit away. I'm gonna try to make a slow push to 1250 trophies to get the 450 gem reward for it. I think then I can focus on the single player component and get a lot of the rest of the gems from the rewards for beating that.

I want to fully upgrade all my weapons and army yards for this town hall level, and have all my mines to at least level 8 before I move onto the next town hall level. I'm really looking forward to it, because the next barrack level I get access to is the healing angel, so I can drop like 20 giants and once they take out the air defense tower, drop an angel to just follow them around and heal them.

As I was saying in chat, is there anything you guys need help with, like attack or defense strategies that I can post videos of in clan chat? I posted my basic strategy of dropping a giant to draw fire away from wallbreakers, dropping the wall breakers to punch through a wall, near the mortar, dropping tons of giants such that they go right for the mortar, then zerging through the hole with barbarians, archers, and goblins once the AOE is gone. Most of the time I don't zerg, but use the archers and barbarians to draw tower fire away from the giants while they work down the rest of the defenses or assist in taking down defenses if they're on the outside. Or just use all those guys to distract from the 20-30 goblins I'll drop so they can hit the resources real quick. I know you guys might not have goblins, giants, or wallbreakers yet, and can post something with just the set of units you do have if that would help?

I'm really geeking out over this game. It's bad.

500 / 330 / 625

xD You know it's fun when you're geeking out though. I could definitely use some attack strategies. Up until now I've just been using barbarians to bumrush the wall and warriors when to throw support.

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

xD You know it's fun when you're geeking out though. I could definitely use some attack strategies. Up until now I've just been using barbarians to bumrush the wall and warriors when to throw support.

What units do you have available, barbarians and archers? If you're not focused on trophies, which none of us should be yet, look for matches where people have their resource collectors or banks, whichever is full, on the outside and distract the defenses by placing a few barbarians close to them and placing a ton near the resources. They should distract long enough for you to steal all the gold/ether. If you have goblins, the specialize in taking down resources fast. Your big enemy right now is mortars. Until you have a giant that can distract them, they will desimate you.

There's a great wiki for this game, google it. The attack strategies page has like 50 ideas. I learned an absolute ton from Flammy's beginner guides.

500 / 330 / 625

Barbarians, archers, goblins and I should have Giants by tomorrow morning. I was raided some time during class today so my resources went kaput but I'm trying to build that back up asap.  I need to find this wiki that you speak of.

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

So, quick question. I've been raided once since my shield went down and it was quite unsuccessful on their part....lucky for me. But, what happens if they are successful? Obviously, they get my gold and elixirs, but do I have to pay to rebuild anything or does it rebuild on it's own?

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

So, quick question. I've been raided once since my shield went down and it was quite unsuccessful on their part....lucky for me. But, what happens if they are successful? Obviously, they get my gold and elixirs, but do I have to pay to rebuild anything or does it rebuild on it's own?

Everything will rebuild automatically. When raided, they can only steal 50% of what is in your collectors and 20% of what is in your banks, so it's a good idea to collect from your collectors once in awhile even if you don't plan on doing anything else. You get a new shield when raided succesfuuly. There's different levels based on how much they destroy you. I think 40% is 4 hours, town hall is 6, 90% is 12?

500 / 330 / 625

Everything will rebuild automatically. When raided, they can only steal 50% of what is in your collectors and 20% of what is in your banks, so it's a good idea to collect from your collectors once in awhile even if you don't plan on doing anything else. You get a new shield when raided succesfuuly. There's different levels based on how much they destroy you. I think 40% is 4 hours, town hall is 6, 90% is 12?

Good to know...just figured they could take all of what's in your banks. I haven't attempted attacking anyone just yet....only the goblin stuff.

And just after posting that, I attacked my first player. Used way too many troops for what I got, but fun first experience.

And just after posting that, I attacked my first player. Used way too many troops for what I got, but fun first experience.

Yeah, I use too many sometimes, but it's better than not enough. I know how much it takes to totally rebuld my army and tend not to attack people unless I'm likely to get at least that much back from them or likely to use no where near that many guys.

500 / 330 / 625

I'm either suffering for poor resource management (at first, I was trying to keep all my buildings the same level instead of levelling up only what would help me) or I'm impatient (likely.) I can only store 25000 gold just now. Keep the light on at the castle, I'm coming!

i got off to a fast start because I went all out on resources my first 48 hours with the shield and only started building and upgrading defenses and walls the last 24.

500 / 330 / 625