Forums are back in action! ×

February 23th:

- Two miles a day: 24 minutes. And it's not an app error. I was really that fast! In fact I was tempted to start running...

- Cleaning workout: arranging my books. They've been in complete disorder in several rooms since we moved. And there are some still in their boxes. So upstairs, downstairs, up the chair, down the chair, with my arms full of books, that will make a great workout (I have lots of books).

- Meditation: done!

February 24th:

- Two miles a day: 25 minutes.

• Like 2

February 25:

- Modified beginner workout:

10x10x10 walking lunges

5x5x5 inclined push ups

5x5x5 pistol squats

4x4x4 inverted rows

6x6x6 chair jumps

10x10x10 chair dips

25x20x20 seconds plank

15x15x15 seconds side planks

Definitively lunges nor walking lunges work, they are too easy. I'll have to look for a substitute exercise.

I could not do more push ups than last week, but I felt I'm more in control of the situation, it's a bit easier.

I could do the pistol squats without support for balance, and with my arms extended in front of me.

I can do more chair jumps and chair dips than last week. I feel more secure when I jump than last week.

Elbow plank is hard but I can do 5-10 more seconds than last week. Not the same for the side planks.

I don't know if this is a big improvement  but it feels like. Specially because this time I feel tired but I don't have that "I am destroyed" feeling in my legs.

:pride::pride::pride:

• Like 1

Wow! Nice work on the pistol squats! 

I tried doing one-legged squats onto a box last week and it was...very, very humbling! My knee turned in, and my hip turned out, and my heel wobbled up and it was pretty much a picture of the absolute wrong way to do squats  :rolleyes:

(Part of my recent realization that I need to stop messing around with building up my triceps and biceps and lats and quads and stuff, and focus on my poor ignored glutes:tongue:)

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Merganser: Level 4 Anatidae Scout

STR 4 | DEX 5 | STA 5 | CON 7 | WIS 6 | CHA 2

Intro | Current Challenge: Train for Spain!

Challenge 6: Back on Track...and Then Off Again | Challenge 5b: First-World ProblemsChallenge 5a: Make a Map | 

Challenge 4: Fly! (On a Bike!) | Challenge 3: Run!..(At All!) | Challenge 2: Stretch! | Challenge 1: Swim Faster! |

My Fitness Pal

"She was a woman who had wandered almost by accident into a life she had not quite intended for herself..." --Lawrence Osborne

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird 

of the family Anatidae on our hands." --Douglas Adams

Postscript:

Appart from a little background at highschool, I've learnt english mainly by reading Tolkien books and watching to “The big bang theoryâ€, so please, be compasionate and forgive any misspelling, grammatical inaccuracy or weird/uncomprehensible expressions.

Pienso que tu conocimiento de inglés es mejor que mi conocimiento de español.

And I took Spanish for close to 10 years in school :P

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I tried doing one-legged squats onto a box last week and it was...very, very humbling! My knee turned in, and my hip turned out, and my heel wobbled up and it was pretty much a picture of the absolute wrong way to do squats  :rolleyes:

You should see me when I try to do push ups... I'm trying to do inclined ones because when I tried to do the real thing, I just fell on the floor... When your arms give up and you find your nose crashed against the floor, that's humbling too...

Pienso que tu conocimiento de inglés es mejor que mi conocimiento de español.

And I took Spanish for close to 10 years in school :tongue:

Hei, look at that! Another spanish speaker! :D

I've read and listened to and wrote a lot of english by now, but I am not sure how I would handle a day-to-day use, because I've never practiced talking. So we should see who'd be better in their foreign language... In fact, when I write in english I have to look up a lot of expressions in the dictionary, because I've heard them but I am not sure if I am using them right, as I've never "studied" them. Also, it is easy to me to follow without subtitles series like the big bang theory, but there are others like house of cards or rubicon that are damned difficult to understand, I don't know if it is because of the accents or the rhythm of speech.

I'll be happy to "review" your spanish with you anytime :)

February 26th:

- Two miles a day: 26 wonderful minutes under a soft rain.

And no soreness from yesterday!!

Also, I payed a visite to one of my old teachers this past week, and he lent me a book on stage fright. I started to read it last night and I've found some eye openers. I'll be starting to apply some of the techniques toot sweet, since the book I ordered won't be here until next month.

So:

- Stage fright homework: done!

- Writing about anxiety: done. It's going down to very low levels. I think it's due to a combination of factors: more exercise, more eating, more social life, having beated my fright with Prokofiev... This week I had no negative thoughts or negative distorsions about anything.

- Meditation: done.

February 27th:

- Two miles a day. I think I will stop counting the time I use to do my miles, as it is always more or less the same. I was curious about how much time I put in the walk, but as I am not trying to compete, I'll let that there.

- Stage fright homework: done.

• Like 1

Hei, look at that! Another spanish speaker! :D

I've read and listened to and wrote a lot of english by now, but I am not sure how I would handle a day-to-day use, because I've never practiced talking. So we should see who'd be better in their foreign language... In fact, when I write in english I have to look up a lot of expressions in the dictionary, because I've heard them but I am not sure if I am using them right, as I've never "studied" them. Also, it is easy to me to follow without subtitles series like the big bang theory, but there are others like house of cards or rubicon that are damned difficult to understand, I don't know if it is because of the accents or the rhythm of speech.

I'll be happy to "review" your spanish with you anytime :)

Calling me a Spanish speaker is overly charitable haha. I may take you up on the review, as I'm incredibly rusty and could use the practice.

You are the first person I've ever seen reference Rubicon. I was really enjoying that show and was then deeply saddened when it was cancelled. I didn't even watch the last few episodes after that (I was behind).

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Calling me a Spanish speaker is overly charitable haha. I may take you up on the review, as I'm incredibly rusty and could use the practice.

You are the first person I've ever seen reference Rubicon. I was really enjoying that show and was then deeply saddened when it was cancelled. I didn't even watch the last few episodes after that (I was behind).

You're welcome for the spanish :)

About Rubicon I was also very sad when they cancelled it. If you didn't finish it, I'd suggest you do it, it ends the story, more or less.

You're welcome for the spanish :)

About Rubicon I was also very sad when they cancelled it. If you didn't finish it, I'd suggest you do it, it ends the story, more or less.

What!? It ends the story in one season!?

This is horsecrap.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

5x5x5 pistol squats

This is one of my favorite bodyweight movements.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

I do them only halfway by now. In fact I am amazed when I see videos with someone going aaaaall the way down to the floor with that one leg... It looks so "look at me, am awesome" :)

NikBruce_OHpistolonKB_2_th.jpg

Someday I will do that.

• Like 2

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.