Forums are back in action! ×

February 28th:

- Two miles a day: done. In fact, I walked more than two miles, because I felt like I wanted to get out of the city and walk into the fields. I've been having this thought the whole week. So I did it. I walked quickly for half an hour, and it made me feel really really good. At one moment I started running, for two minutes or so. I don't usually like running, I feel it's boring, but on the contrary I love to do it in the country, where the land is irregular and changeable. I'll think about why this happened, it was not planned at all, but this whole week thinking about going outside the city, and then today I wierdly choosed to use my old country running shoes... (I like them because are superflexible and with no heel support, so they allow me to run as if I was barefoot, with the ball of the foot first). My subconscious is sending me a message? Maybe I should listen to it...

- Meditation: done.

- Stage fright homework: done.

- Writing about anxiety: done. But, what anxiety? :D I am feeling really good these days. I've worked a lot to feel better and I am getting results. I must say I am proud of myself :lol:

- Cleaning workout: the oven.

• Like 2

but on the contrary I love to do it in the country, where the land is irregular and changeable.

Yes. This.

And maybe you should start using minimalist shoes :)

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

And maybe you should start using minimalist shoes :)

The shoes I have are not minimalist per se, but are very flexible and very very light. I saw them suggested at a barefoot runners blog, because they cost around 10 euros. They are so cheap because the sport company that made them has not realised what they have built and they sell them as "summer walking" shoes. But they recreate rather well the experience of the barefoot running. I am sure that truly minimalist shoes must be a better experience (and of course I'd love to try a pair of five fingers some day), but this is a way to have a minimalist shoe with minimum budget.

I remember when I bought them I talked to the seller and told her I had seen these shoes recommended at a barefoot runners blog, and she looked terrified at me: "oh, god, don't you dare to run with these ones, they are suposed to be used only to walk! If you want to run you should buy.... " and she started to talk about heel support and footstep type... :blink:

I bought two pairs :D

• Like 2

I bought two pairs :D

Well played, I was going to say you should buy another pair before the price goes up haha

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Nice work with the anxiety, and great that you're running!

And especially great that you found shoes that work for you for cheap! I bought new running shoes last weekend, and definitely paid a bit more than the USD equivalent of 10 euros for them  :tongue:

I'm glad you're enjoying the minimal/barefoot-y experience: I tried that last year, but learned the hard (ow!) way that my minimal running shoes did NOT play nicely with the stupid bunion on my foot. (But they're still excellent weight-lifting-type shoes!)

• Like 1

Merganser: Level 4 Anatidae Scout

STR 4 | DEX 5 | STA 5 | CON 7 | WIS 6 | CHA 2

Intro | Current Challenge: Train for Spain!

Challenge 6: Back on Track...and Then Off Again | Challenge 5b: First-World ProblemsChallenge 5a: Make a Map | 

Challenge 4: Fly! (On a Bike!) | Challenge 3: Run!..(At All!) | Challenge 2: Stretch! | Challenge 1: Swim Faster! |

My Fitness Pal

"She was a woman who had wandered almost by accident into a life she had not quite intended for herself..." --Lawrence Osborne

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird 

of the family Anatidae on our hands." --Douglas Adams

I'm glad you're enjoying the minimal/barefoot-y experience: I tried that last year, but learned the hard (ow!) way that my minimal running shoes did NOT play nicely with the stupid bunion on my foot. (But they're still excellent weight-lifting-type shoes!)

I bought these shoes two years ago and at first I only walked, then started to walk-run and only after a few weeks I tried running for a while. Maybe you tried to run too soon; feet and calves have to get used to "barefoot" running, if not, it is hard for them, specially if you have bunions (bunion: I had to look it up at the dictionary, new word).

Espero que sientes mejor!

Feel free to sharp shoot my grammar there :P

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Take some rest and come back kicking!

Espero que sientes mejor!

Feel free to sharp shoot my grammar there :tongue:

Thank you! I am feeling better but weak because I lost many meals. I hope to go out tomorrow.

Why not: your grammar, ayayay... But your phrase is totally understandable, so, good! Subordinates are not easy in romance languages.

Thank you! I am feeling better but weak because I lost many meals. I hope to go out tomorrow.

Why not: your grammar, ayayay... But your phrase is totally understandable, so, good! Subordinates are not easy in romance languages.

Haha well correct me then, that's how I'm going to learn!

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Haha well correct me then, that's how I'm going to learn!

Ok, then, you should have said: Espero que te sientas mejor. We don't usually show the subject of the sentence, (Yo) espero que (tú) te sientas mejor, but we add a pronoun as an object to show to whom the sentence is addressed, in this case "te" to represent the "tú". Besides, subordinate sentences need of the subjunctive mood, so it's "sientas" instead of "sientes". The rest of the sentence was correct and as I told you, everyone would understand you, and that is what matters :)

I just looked up at wordreference how to say "subjunctive" in english, and they had a funny sentence to give an example: spanish subjunctive is a grammatical nightmare :lol:

Ok, then, you should have said: Espero que te sientas mejor. We don't usually show the subject of the sentence, (Yo) espero que (tú) te sientas mejor, but we add a pronoun as an object to show to whom the sentence is addressed, in this case "te" to represent the "tú". Besides, subordinate sentences need of the subjunctive mood, so it's "sientas" instead of "sientes". The rest of the sentence was correct and as I told you, everyone would understand you, and that is what matters :)

I just looked up at wordreference how to say "subjunctive" in english, and they had a funny sentence to give an example: spanish subjunctive is a grammatical nightmare :lol:

Nooo, not el subjuntivo! Got it, couldn't remember whether I needed the "te".

Thanks!

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

I think I'll just stick with my "Spanglish".

Take it slow when you start up again.

Spanglish works fine, I've used it on many occasions :)

Yeah, have to start easy, specially after 3 days in which I have almost not eaten :(     I'll go for a walk today and, depending on how I feel, maybe tomorrow I will try my two miles a day in slow version.

Nice day to everybody!

March 4th:

Getting back into the job:

- 15 minutes walk, a mile or so. I was sooo happy I could get out after three days! A pity it was so cold.

- Writing about anxiety: done.

March 5th:

- Two miles a day. Just great.

I took advantage of my illness to catch up on reading, and finished Taube's "Why we get fat". Very interesting, but still wondering what I could do to put on weight a bit more easily... Missing a "Why are we so thin" book :(

March 6th:

- Two miles a day: I walked two miles and a half and it felt like a 5 minutes walk. It's starting to be too short. Maybe I could do a longer walk on sundays, when I have plenty of time.

- Writing about anxiety: done. But no anxious thoughts for a whole week, no distorsions, no negative visions of anything. I am feeling much better.

March 7th:

- Two miles a day: it was soooo sunny!!!! I'm planning to go on a longer explorer hike this sunday :)

• Like 2

March 8th:

- Two miles a day: today I couldn't use the car to go to the train station so, to get the train for my tapdance lesson, I walked two miles and a half to the station, and then back again after the lesson, so FIVE! miles today.

- Tapdance lesson: yes!

• Like 2

March 8th:

- Two miles a day: today I couldn't use the car to go to the train station so, to get the train for my tapdance lesson, I walked two miles and a half to the station, and then back again after the lesson, so FIVE! miles today.

- Tapdance lesson: yes!

Looking back at your very earliest a posts: a mile a day.

Way to kick some culo! :D

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

March 9th:

- Two miles a day: 4 miles. This is starting to become a vice.

Today was suposed to be my last day of this fase, so I'd had to go onto the scale, and also see if I deserve my rewards, but, as I was sick and interrupted my work for almost a week, I will give myself another one to put everything in place. I don't think this is cheating, but fair.

- Writing about anxiety: done. Anxiety is coming back and starting to pile up. I have another concert with my pupils this thursday, same day on which I will assist to another Prokofiev's rehearsal. I've been doing my job (writing, studying, working on stage fright) so I know it will be ok, but anyway anxiety is back.

March 10th:

- Two miles a day: done.

- Meditation: the website doesn't work today.

• Like 1

March 11th:

Workout:

10x10x10 lunges. Definitively too easy, but have not looked for any substitute yet.

5x5x5 inclined push ups. This is not getting better AT ALL.

5x5x5 pistol squats. I can go lower now and have more control.

5x4x4 inverted rows. Yes!

8x8x8 chair jumps. Wow!

10x10x10 chair dips. Next workout I'll put my feet further to make it a bit more difficult.

30x25x25 seconds elbow plank. That is a BIG improvement from last time!

30x20x20 seconds side plank. And that is a HUGE improvement from last time!

The temperature is so nice, that I could go upstairs to the terrace to do my workout. So sunny!!! Spring is coming!

------------------------------------

I've been to the check form forum and I've read that proper form for push ups is NOT the one I am doing, with my elbows making something similar to a T with my body. It seems I have to do them with my arms close to my body. I've tried. Ok, now I can't do my chair push ups neither. I can go down but not up :(

------------------------------------

• Like 2