• Board Games
    • Books (Reading/Writing)
    • Movies/TV
    • Pen & Paper Games
    • Video games
    • Tabletop games/Wargames
    • TCG/CCG
    • I forgot your interests, my bad.

I love how completely diverse nerd culture is.

For me, I love RPG's (turn-based or arcade rather than real time), anime, Adventure Time and MyLittlePony (NOT ASHAMED), MMO's (really looking forward to seeing if Tree of Savior comes stateside) and reading Disc World. I guess I'm kind of picky when it comes to typical 'nerd stuff', though. I keep getting people telling me what to watch or read, but for some things, I either have absolutely no interest or I don't understand the hype.

• Like 1

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Part if the brilliance of nerd culture is the whole "I like this even if it is uncool". That means if you have something like that, you match the general requirements of nerdhood, even if you don't necessarily like things that other nerds like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

1. Anime/Manga - dragon ball and captain hawk (tsubasa ozora) are my fav's from childhood. recently I'm trying some more serious series but except Afrosamurai nothing blows my mind (even Hellsing or Ergo Proxy)

2. Arts and Crafts - I always wanted to learn how to carve in wood  :) but no, nothing artsy in my life (although I made a few short movies in college with my friends :) just for fun)

3. Board Games - aahhh yes - THAT was my answer - all sorts of games but my no. 1 fav is: Disc World. Close behind are Seasons, Saboteur and Claustrophobia. If anyone is interested I'm sometimes at www.boardgamearena.com
  5. Books (Reading/Writing) - HP and LotR = I've been raised on those two. Also awesome: Dark Tower, Eragon (I didn't read all of them yet), WItcher. I read lots and lots of different fantasy sagas. + I've been writing my own fantasy novel - but after about 200 pages I've lost inspiration... and so it waits ... 

6. Movies/TV - in college 20 movies per month was normal ... now only 4-6. Mostly fantasy, comic books adaptations, sci-fi, comedies. My 4 fav's: K-Pax, Fellowship of the Ring, Matrix, Remember the Titans.

7. Pen & Paper Games - does paper pegasus console

8. Tabletop games/Wargames - nope

9. TCG/CCG - no idea what that even means :)

10. I forgot your interests, my bad. - card games: poker, hearts, tousand + 21 questions, 

Ok, I think that's enough :D

If anyone is interested in creating some kind of league in any board game available online, paper soccer or deluxe ski jumping LET ME KNOW :)

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

For me it's books and arts & crafts.  I make chainmail jewelry as a hobby and love it. I'll read anything. Lately a few friends have gotten me in to D&D and I've found myself reading the manuals as if they were books instead of instruction manuals, lol.

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

I was thinking Lego should really be its own topic. But then again everyones into Lego right?

is it even possible to not like Lego? I always thought it was a universal constant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

I was thinking Lego should really be its own topic. But then again everyones into Lego right?

I was literally using Lego set rewards as the reward-carrot on this last challenge. I'm still trying to find time to build the Republic Assault Ship and A-Wing I earned.

[phoneposting]

• Like 1
"|Improvise, adapt, overcome. "

Level 3 Wood Elf Ranger  | STR11DEX5STA6CON3WIS2CHA3 ]

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

[ Challenges: 1 2 Current ||RPG Fanatics Goblin Ganker ]

I was literally using Lego set rewards as the reward-carrot on this last challenge. I'm still trying to find time to build the Republic Assault Ship and A-Wing I earned.

[phoneposting]

Oh awesome idea!

Might promise myself the Guardians of the Galaxy Lego set (ala my profile pic) as my six week challenge reward. I just posted my first one for next Monday start.

• Like 2

One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to in fatherhood is the excuse to buy crap tons of legos.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to in fatherhood is the excuse to buy crap tons of legos.

Want an excuse... "I like legos"... there's mine.. :-)

Isn't part of being a nerd, doing stuff simply because you enjoy it and not because society says 'Ok... NOW you can do it."

Though right now my legos are more resistors and diodes....

Anime/Manga - Not really my thing

Arts and Crafts - Photography, want to get back into drawing when I get done with school

Board Games - I play enough of em to enjoy em, don't really get super excited about em though

Books (Reading/Writing) - Written some short stories, not really into books, though I'll devour magazines.

Movies/TV - Big Bang Theory is on can't miss status, I enjoy movies with my favorite still being A Goofy Movie

Pen & Paper Games - No opposed to em, but don't really play em...

Video games - Definitely, can't wait for school to end so I can get back into them, three years is too long for anyone.

Tabletop games/Wargames - Same as pen and paper

TCG/CCG - Munchkin now

I forgot your interests, my bad. - getting back into rocks and minerals, want to explore woodworking, metalworking, and metal refining.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Want an excuse... "I like legos"... there's mine.. :-)

Yeah, doesn't work very well in a household where you're trying to save money for a coming child and are already blowing $900 a year on Eagles tickets, $80-300 on lifting competitions, and probably all of that again on voyages to see the nerds. Legos are too damn expensive and I wouldn't spend enough time with them myself to justify the cost. I would just binge once every 3-4 months and have a week of playing with legos.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Yeah, doesn't work very well in a household where you're trying to save money for a coming child and are already blowing $900 a year on Eagles tickets, $80-300 on lifting competitions, and probably all of that again on voyages to see the nerds. Legos are too damn expensive and I wouldn't spend enough time with them myself to justify the cost. I would just binge once every 3-4 months and have a week of playing with legos.

Ooorrrrr You could have an awesome mom who saved ALL of your childhood legos for you so you didn't have to say goodbye to them like Coldboot's mom! We inherited a huge bucket :D (...it may have come to our house before we had kids >_>) There are complete sets of the 80's space legos and the space police sets. WITH instructions!!  

• Like 1

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Ooorrrrr You could have an awesome mom who saved ALL of your childhood legos for you so you didn't have to say goodbye to them like Coldboot's mom! We inherited a huge bucket :D (...it may have come to our house before we had kids >_>) There are complete sets of the 80's space legos and the space police sets. WITH instructions!!  

You know that giant oil tank in the basements that are heated with oil? Yeah, that ruptured when I was 9. Then the community sewere pipe got clogged when I was 18 and backed up 3 foot deep in our basement. Mom was nice enough to spend a nice chunk of that second one on my college tuition though.

500 / 330 / 625

You know that giant oil tank in the basements that are heated with oil? Yeah, that ruptured when I was 9. Then the community sewere pipe got clogged when I was 18 and backed up 3 foot deep in our basement. Mom was nice enough to spend a nice chunk of that second one on my college tuition though.

Oh Ick!!!

Poor Lego Guys. May the rest in peace.

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge