Forums are back in action! ×

Doomed Pilgrim (PbP RPG, come on in!)

A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future

I’m a warrior seeking peace and an end to bloodshed. I’m on pilgrimage to the Temple to No Gods in the distant City of Gulls. My pilgrimage has brought me to the Jagged Lands, inhabited by the murder-cult of the ungod of spiders. My goal is to pass safely through and continue my pilgrimage.

You, my friends online, play the world. Your goal is to see me to my doom, instead of safely on my way. You’re allowed only to directly answer my direct questions, though, so you might not be able to do it.

The rules
1. Only answer my questions. 
2. If you don’t already know the answer, make something up. 
3. Keep your answers short.
4. If your answer’s disruptive, I’m allowed to ignore it. 
5. Otherwise, I have to go with the first answer somebody gives. I’ll quote it. 
6. You may subscribe to this thread if you like. Please use the sentence 'no gods watch over you' if you do so.

---------------------

I have been walking through the Jagged Lands for two days. I am in a small gulley, resting in the shadow a great weathered stone, worn smooth by time and weather. I have vast and deadly patience and a long knife under my shirt.

Something warns me of approaching danger. What warns me? Anyone should answer.
"|Improvise, adapt, overcome. "

Level 3 Wood Elf Ranger  | STR11DEX5STA6CON3WIS2CHA3 ]

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

[ Challenges: 1 2 Current ||RPG Fanatics Goblin Ganker ]

A mysterious voice inside your head.

(pretty awesome thread idea, I'll definitely be following along.)

(Thanks!  I have been eager to try this game for a while!)

I leap to my feet, looking around the gully and feeling for the knife under my shirt.  I thought I was alone out here.  What does the voice say?  Anyone can answer.

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

The voice in your head is changing, taking on different personalities as it goes. Sometimes female, sometimes male, or a child, or an wisened elder. The voice speaks:

"We are the Juddanesh. We speak for the Dead. Your hands, Warrior, are stained red with the blood of those you have slain. Cast off your blade, Warrior. Your quest through the Jagged Lands must be made without arms. Cast off your blade and make ready, for your Doom is at hand!"

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

The voice in your head is changing, taking on different personalities as it goes. Sometimes female, sometimes male, or a child, or an wisened elder. The voice speaks:

"We are the Juddanesh. We speak for the Dead. Your hands, Warrior, are stained red with the blood of those you have slain. Cast off your blade, Warrior. Your quest through the Jagged Lands must be made without arms. Cast off your blade and make ready, for your Doom is at hand!"

The Juddanesh?  By no gods, the Death Speakers... Legends spoke of the kingdom that once thrived in the Jagged Lands, before the Time of Breaking.  But though my heart longs for an end to bloodshed, I cannot allow myself to be defenseless; I must see my journey through the City of Gulls.

I turn and walk quickly up the gully, leaving the shade of the weathered stone behind, clutching my blade and eyeing my surroundings warily.  Am I still alone?  Anyone can answer.

A sudden gust of wind blows past you, carrying faint sounds of whispering voices and skittering creatures.

Two shadowy figures emerge from the shade of the weathered stone and begin making their way towards you.

Raevn

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

A sudden gust of wind blows past you, carrying faint sounds of whispering voices and skittering creatures.

Two shadowy figures emerge from the shade of the weathered stone and begin making their way towards you.

I freeze in my tracks. Have they definitely seen me?  (Anyone should answer)

As you watch them emerge, you see their pale yellow eyes gradually turn towards your position. In a brief, terrible moment, they make eye contact.

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

As you watch them emerge, you see their pale yellow eyes gradually turn towards your position. In a brief, terrible moment, they make eye contact.

I feel their gaze burning into my soul.  Was the voice theirs?  Are these the Juddanesh?  But the situation is too dangerous to dwell on such thoughts.  I turn on my heel and break into a run the other way down the gully, back where I came.  What’s my best escape route, if any?  Anyone can answer.

The shadows cast by the walls of the gulley seem to be quickly creeping together ahead of you. To your right, a small, steep path leading up on top of the gulley can just barely be seen among the loose gravel of the wall.

You may dare to venture through the shadows ahead, or risk climbing up the dangerous path to escape the shadows completely.

Raevn

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

Mysterious figures and shifting voices in my head make me wary to remain in the shadows.  I veer right onto the path, planting my feet firmly and taking cautious steps.  Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. My heart is racing, but I take long, calm breaths.  I pray that my headlong dash has put enough distance between me and the shadowy figures that I can climb out of the gully before they reach me.  Do I make it to the top?  If not, why?  If so, what is up there? Anyone can answer.

(Gonna give this a little nudge before I let it die off. Anyone can answer that last post, whether you've answered before or not. Doesn't have to be all planned out beyond whatever you post; shoot from the hip!)

[phoneposting]

You manage to make it to the top with nothing in pursuit, but not without a good number of cuts and bruises from loosed rocks; including a particularly bad gash across your forehead. With the sun beaming down on you on top of the gully, you find a large set of ruins as the only nearby shelter.

Raevn

Challenges 1 | 2

I glance back down into the gully to ensure they're not RIGHT behind me, before setting off at a jog toward the ruins.  I weave my way among the fallen walls and columns, panting as I trot to a halt in the shadows behind the remnants of an ornate mosaic wall.  I will my breathing to calm, and the thumping of my heart in my ears fades away to the whisper of dry breeze over barren land.  Do I hear anything else?

A low growl rumbles from a section of collapsed wall off to your left. 

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

I draw my knife and move swiftly behind the cover of the nearest column.  Hopefully it didn't hear me, whatever it is.  Does anything come out from behind the wall?

(It works!  Simply answers are good, I try not to get too florid or it slows things down)

My knife won't do me much good against spirits, and I've seen enough to know it.  I back away slowly at first, thankful for having had the moment to catch my breath.  Does it keep coming toward me?  Anyone can answer.

The spirit continues to advance, slowly, inexorably drawing closer to you as you realize that no gods watch over you. 

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)