Forums are back in action! ×

Help! Can't find the book for a quote...

I am looking for two quotes, actually.  One is from the book "Pages of Pain" by Troy Denning.  The quote is something to the effect of "We all have our demons, our secret treasons..."  I can't for the life of me remember the rest.  The second one comes from the AD&D adventure, "Dead Gods".  It was something about "Whoever can know of such things?  I was once a god.  Let them do as they will".  There's more to that one.  Anyone able to help a brother out?  Thanks!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Google fu - activate!

See how gently the rot steals into the soul? How smoothly the wish unfulfilled becomes the right withheld? Show me the heart that is pure, and I will show you the heart that is stone. We all have our Karfhuds, our unquenchable thirsts, our secret treasons; we all have our reasonable excuses and our tempering cases, but that cannot change what we have done. We have all struck our bargains. Pretending that we had no choice does not make us tragic or noble or virtuous—it only makes us weak.

"They seek to preserve what was taken from them. Are their actions correct? Who can truly make such a judgement? Good and evil, law and chaos - these things may be defined. Right and wrong, correct and incorrect - whoever may know the truth of them?

"Which of my choices was wrong? Which decision led to my downfall? I do not know, yet I was once a god. How, then, can I - or anyone - judge these poor souls?

"Let them do as they will."

See, when I Googled it, nothing came up for me.  What did you put in for your search parameters?  

Thank you Hatter!  You have proved once again why you rock so hard.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Its-magic....gif

tumblr_inline_mxp9kge3Dw1r6xens.gif

My coworkers think I'm insane now, laughing at seemingly nothing.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Your Google-Fu is strong.

37L361429.png

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Fair enough...

Seriously, what did you put in for a search?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

And that's why you rock.

That and your tassels.  ;)

I have no idea where those books went, but I knew if I didn't find them, I'd go a little nutty.  I hate when I try to remember quotes I can't find.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid