Forums are back in action! ×

The dorkiest stuff you've worn while working out!

In hindsight, my karate uniform feels rather dorky to me now. Granted, I was wearing it in an actual karate class. But it still seems like something completely out of place in modern society.

I suppose it would be far dorkier if I was wearing it while running, or attempting to lift weights. Or pretty much any non-martial arts activity. "Who's that idiot on the bike dressed like a ninja?"

(DeRail) - Rebel / Monk

"Yeah, I'm slightly irreverent towards tradition. Sorry not sorry."

I personally haven't worn anything dorky at the gym, I bought gym clothes before going but I have seen a guy who works at the YMCA wears elmo pajama's

I would say, eventually when I am up to lifting heavier weights and I go to my brothers gym to work out with him, I think I will troll him by wearing something outrageous, especially after reading some of these posts.

gotta have a good time

• Like 2

Sir Shaggs

Xeph Level  newb aspiring to ranger

Battle log

Six week challenge

In hindsight, my karate uniform feels rather dorky to me now. Granted, I was wearing it in an actual karate class. But it still seems like something completely out of place in modern society.

I suppose it would be far dorkier if I was wearing it while running, or attempting to lift weights. Or pretty much any non-martial arts activity. "Who's that idiot on the bike dressed like a ninja?"

It is always acceptable to look a ninja

Level 6 - Scout

Challenges - Lost Diary of a Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

Dorkiest thing I ever wore to the gym? Probably my middle school gym shorts and a ripped Star Wars T-shirt that I refuse to get rid of. 

Dorkiest thing I ever wore while exerting myself on an archaeological dig? .... Same thing... Which produced a nasty sunburn on my lower back  (archaeology tramp stamp as they say) from bending over. It remains to this day as a seemingly permanent strip of tan. 

• Like 1

Level 0, Human Druid

[sTR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 ]

"'Impossible' is not a scientific term." - Vanna Bonta

So this shirt has been in my gym shirt rotation for a while...

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/so-games-much-thrones-wow

Usually wear it in the afternoon to lift, don't really get too many people talking to me during that......

I made the mistake of wearing it to my 5:45 am spin class, which is primarily retirees and seniors(so much respect for them, I hope to be still doing this when I get older!)....and they're all very friendly and I was asked what the shirt meant.....so I had to explain GoT and then the Doge meme....which lead to an explanation of a meme.....I felt rather silly saying all this out loud and explaining why I thought it was funny. Similar thing happened with an emoticon shirt later in the week. 

• Like 2

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Probably not quite dorky enough, but I have tons of old XL game tshirts from my ex, who worked for a video game store.  Today's workout fashion apparel was brought to you by Dead Rising.  Sorry for no pics, I still haven't worked up the courage.

“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.â€

~ Buddha

Fitocracy | My Blog | Shiny Dayglo Battle Log

This is hubby and I at our last parkrun. Luckily we are both dorks [emoji14]

f97a4c7eae33eedeac337c5b981b7a23.jpg

That wonder woman shirt is normally what I wear on squat day and on bench day its a my little pony shirt [emoji14]. I too have that shirt that says "i clean. I jerk and I have a nice snatch" but doesn't quite fit at the moment

• Like 2

If my regular tank tops are dirty, I'll just wear an old t-shirt. Sounds pretty normal except that most of my t-shirts are from a phase I went through where I bought those geeky shirts they sell at Hot Topic. I go to a tech school so I don't look out of place but I still try to avoid the ones with the weird sayings on them. 

• Like 1

"How things begin is not nearly as important as how they end." -- Aria T'Loak

Human Ranger | STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

We were at an Indian Wedding last weekend ... I immediately wondered what it would be like to run in one of those long shirts, and whether or not you'd wear something underneath?

I own one of those shirts, and I wouldn't work out in it, with or without anything underneath. It's a coarser cotton fabric that can get itchy and unpleasantly clings to one's body while sweaty, and it really traps body heat. It's also not cut to allow a person to move around very freely. Generally those shirts (called salwar or shalwar kameez) are made of cotton, linen, or silk, so...well...YMMV, but I don't think you'd want to run in one.

I usually wear decidedly non-dorky clothes,even just working out at home, but one day I did wear a pair of Winnie-the-Pooh men's boxers.

I would honestly rock just about any of these (preferably in shirt form, though):

enhanced-10831-1392061520-46.jpg

enhanced-buzz-4600-1378920944-5.jpg

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kmallikarjuna/more-fandom-muscle-shirts#.ctRMQlvvn

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager