Forums are back in action! ×

I'll take "Potent Potables" for $200, Alex

It's a little overly, artificially sweet, but not bad!

375329_0.jpg

7%????? Wowcher! You wouldn't want to be chugging down too many of those. And sweet too? Nah, I think I'll stick with proper beer, and with those words.... I'm off to crack that bottle of Hoegaarden. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I had two of those while planting at the farm, and I was sweating out the booze just as fast as I drank it, apparently.  I didn't feel ANYTHING.   Strangely enough, the one I had the next night, while just lounging in our friends' kitchen, hit me like a ton of bricks.  Go figure.

Yeah, it's a smidgen too sweet for me.  I'm actually extremely fond of two dry ciders, Rock Creek and Fat Chance. 

753400_0.jpg673566_Big-Rock-Creek-Cider-6x355ml.png

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I've never really been very good with cider, it's a little too acidic for me.  Even some of the fruit ones.  I can happily have one or two, but after that I just get a little scunnered of them, and just can't drink any more. :(

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

I used to drink Strongbow Cider when young and Stoopid. Although the next morning you would wake up with your mouth feeling like a cocky had shit in there.

Strongbow suuuuuuuuuucks, and they sell it RIGHT NEXT to Rock Creek.  That's just.... terrible, terrible marketing.  One of these things is NOT like the other. 

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Yeah, that's a reason to drink "proper" beer right there.  The hangover from that mass-produced, chemical laden shite that most places class as "beer" would be enough, never even mind the fact that it tastes like utter crap.

• Like 1

I had a ghost chili beer once. I think I died a little. 

That's my contribution to the thread. Now I'm just going to sit here and absorb your collective knowledge so I can at least pretend I know what I'm talking about some day.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

This belongs here...

http://cheezburger.com/8198144256

Now that is the kind of utility I can get behind in a kilt.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss