Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

This is actually from yesterday, but hey, close enough!

Yesterday there was a little boy at the library, who ran to me and grabbed my shirt with his both hands and started shouting "TYT! TYT! TYT!" (maybe going for "tyttö", which is "girl" in Finnish) He actually did this a couple of times, always coming from behind, and his parents just told him "not to grab the lady anymore". I started feeling very anxious and left (being grabbed by someone without "a licence to grab" causes me great anxiety). When I was walking down the road, I looked up and noticed that someone had put up a skeleton model in their balcony.

50dcda72-0607-40a5-877a-f23571a2bd44A10.

The skeleton was resting against the railing and seemed to be engoying the sunset. It made me laugh so hard that I started feeling better right away! :D

• Like 2

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Last night we went to the playground and I climbed up the fireman's pole. (There doesn't seem to be any way to write that without sounding dirty.) It wasn't the most graceful thing but I made it up and then proceeded to do a little celebratory dance at the top with my daughter.

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

It's only dirty if there was an actual fireman there

That's pretty much exactly my wife texted me a play-by-play of the Fireman's Games on the weekend.  She also figured out which outlying region we need to move to, based on the hotness of the VFDs there. 

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

This story. Made me go "Awwww...."

It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80′s arrived at the hospital to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

The nurse took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.

On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound. While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor’s appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

I inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer’s Disease. As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, ‘And you still go every morning, even though she doesn’t know who you are?’ He smiled as he patted my hand and said, ‘She doesn’t know me, but I still know who she is.’ ~ Author Unknown

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

it wasnt today, but yesterday i had a great time with some great nerds and despite my anxiety going into the situation (i am very introverted and shy around new people) it was only kind of akward for the first few minutes. I talked more than i usually do around people i have never met and that made me smile and it was a whole afternoon of laughing!

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

This story. Made me go "Awwww...."

When you think they don't remember you... you just might be surprised.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/may/15/officers-find-missing-person-then-help-him-find-fl/

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Thanks for making me cry insanity

This made me smile yesterday. .. and today

y6u5y8eg.jpg

• Like 3

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

It made me feel strong

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

CONFIRMATION.

I am taking two 4th level University courses this fall, and I was very unclear exactly how many more credits I need for my degree (the program plan is badly worded).  If I take two courses in the Spring, I will be done. BOOM. 

• Like 3

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Good god... if I'm ever stuck in a building on fire, I want these guys to come get me... The rope tying is insane...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSeJQBMzMDU#t=197

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)