Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

Something that made me smile earlier today. I had to go to the library to print some stuff off but I had the biggest hangover in the history of this month because of an Easter party. Anyway, whenever I'm not "feeling well" for whatever reason, be it a cold or a hangover or being run over because you wouldn't pay your rent, I force myself into a good mood, because you're only as dead inside as you want to be. So I was listening to a playlist I have on my phone of songs that make me chuckle, I couldn't even begin to explain why it's such a big playlist as the songs themselves are mostly not intented to be funny. I was crossing the road at some traffic lights and I caught a pretty young thang crossing in the opposite direction checking me out. Being checked out when I'm in the least attractive state I could likely be in is probably the biggest boost to my self esteem I could get today.

Just goes to show that getting your work done even when you don't want to can pay off.

• Like 1

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

While clearing off the counter I found my daughter's church bulletin from Sunday. On it, she had drawn her version of the last supper complete with Jesus, disciples, and a Minecraft Creeper descending on the diners.

• Like 6

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I got kissed by someone other than my children for the first time in ten years

• Like 6

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

As a trainer, I love getting to watch my students/clients progress physically & psychologically.  Today in one of my classes, one of the women did a perfect set of pushups - perfect form, completed all 5 sets of 10 without breaking, flawless - & she came up to talk to me after about how it was the first time she'd done perfect pushups EVER.  And she told me how my coaching has helped her not just physically, but she carries my lessons over into the rest of her life (like not quitting when things get tough; instead, find a way to dig deep & push through or somehow adjust the circumstances to make it easier, but find a way to get through it regardless).  I honestly teared up a little.  I get so caught up in teacher mode & preparing lesson plans that I forget how much of an impact I make on people.

• Like 3

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

This. Its as if someone decided that the Shake Weight just wasn't enough. I have never laughed so much in my life. And yes, this is a real product and commercial.

Tip: Watch 1:54 - 2:00.

Hahaha... love the mic drop at the end.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

ehehe... on the Ellis show, they used to have the Shakeweight Challenge  Two contestants have to use the shakeweight, while staring soulfully into eachother's eyes. Whoever fled from sheer awkwardness first loses.

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides.