Forums are back in action! ×

Max rep testing day: 3 woots and 1 meh

Meh - no new PB on bench press. Any tips you have, send 'em my way!

When you do bench, in addition to standard grip, throw in a few sets of wide and narrow grip bench press. This will help you develop more starting and finishing strength. Helped me add a decent amount of weight to my bench in a short time.

They told me I could be anything when I grow up, so I became a superhero.

Handbook for Applied Superheroics:

Ch 1 | Ch 2 | Ch 3 | Ch 4

Woots!

169% BW Deadlift

60% BW OHP

129% BW back squat - I'm particularly proud of this one because I've been rehabbing my squat for months. Long time coming :)

Meh - no new PB on bench press. Any tips you have, send 'em my way!

Way to go QoB! Totally jealous of your deadlift!

With bench, I got stuck for months and only saw an improvement when I started eating more. It's such a fickle beast!

Great job on your lifts! I third Card and ORazor. You should definitely join us in the warrior guild!

Thanks guys! How do I do that exactly...? :) 

When you do bench, in addition to standard grip, throw in a few sets of wide and narrow grip bench press. This will help you develop more starting and finishing strength. Helped me add a decent amount of weight to my bench in a short time.

Thanks, I'll try this. My sticking point is usually 3-4in above the chest (pretty common I'm sure) and I've been doing more mid-back accessory work to try to get over it, but... not yet eh. 

Way to go QoB! Totally jealous of your deadlift!

With bench, I got stuck for months and only saw an improvement when I started eating more. It's such a fickle beast!

Interesting! Were you eating much more of anything in particular?  I am eating at a deficit (and have been for a while) but weight loss is slowing down. Bench is the only thing I've stalled on, but still might be worth mixing it up soon and seeing if that helps.