Forums are back in action! ×

Quidditch Round 2 (Push-ups)

Just a quick comment, the formulas don't appear to be calculating correctly. For instance, in HvR, it should be 8 all not 15 all (13 points scored by ravenclaw, five blocked by hufflepuff keeper, and no blocks countered by ravenclaw beater = 8 points, and hufflepuff have scored 10 points, ravenclaw keeper has blocked 3 of them, and one of those blocks is negated by a hufflepuff beater = 8 points. I did look at the formula, and it loose like you're doing:

TeamChaserPoints - (EnemyBeaterPoints - TeamKeeperPoints), and instead it should be TeamChaserPoints - (EnemyKeeperPoints - TeamBeaterPoints), unless I'm misunderstanding the rules...

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

The link is in the tapatalk signature, not the nerdfitness signature, which is why it does that. Change it to the nerdfitness signature as a URL link and it shouldn't come up as a huge video every post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Players and spectators can follow the action on the NF Quidditch Spreadsheet

Just a quick comment, the formulas don't appear to be calculating correctly. For instance, in HvR, it should be 8 all not 15 all (13 points scored by ravenclaw, five blocked by hufflepuff keeper, and no blocks countered by ravenclaw beater = 8 points, and hufflepuff have scored 10 points, ravenclaw keeper has blocked 3 of them, and one of those blocks is negated by a hufflepuff beater = 8 points. I did look at the formula, and it loose like you're doing:

TeamChaserPoints - (EnemyBeaterPoints - TeamKeeperPoints), and instead it should be TeamChaserPoints - (EnemyKeeperPoints - TeamBeaterPoints), unless I'm misunderstanding the rules...

Wow. My math broke again or something. Wow.

I think I fixed it. I believe win/tie/loss would have still been correct, but the numbers incorrect. It should be fixed now.

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

I added a note on the spreadsheet down in cells E43 through J43, showing an adjusted formula we might want to consider that I think should prevent team scores from dipping below zero.

Two points:

1) I considered it, but figured the shame of ending to week with a negative score could motivate some people to work harder

2) what happens if a beater negates more score than a keeper blocks? Like perhaps that should never get below zero, because at the moment those excess points will be added to the beaters team score (which is technically not what beaters are supposed to do)

Dwarf Warrior

I'm feeling a bit discouraged by being in the only team that has just two player who update the spreadsheet.

Just 5 more this morning...

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

It's alright! Let's do our best for the team :) I'm telling myself the others are doing pushups in secret, and that they will be back on Friday to bump up our score to a thousand points hehe

I honestly hope so....

Okay, you keep at the Keepers tail and I try to out-exercise the Chasers.... well.... seems like a plan. *skeptical*

Edit: 25 more at work.... want to sleep now....

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Did 40 knee push-ups as a part of my upper body workout yesterday. Woot woot, go Hufflepuff!

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Hehe till now there are three Gryffindors who are too afraid to put a foot on the field... :tongue:

I'm here! I'm here!!  I completely forgot about this yesterday but I did some push ups at the end of my workout Monday.  Gotta hit it extra hard today to make up for my slackin'

• Like 2

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Double post because apparently a computer science degree isn't enough to stop me from being a complete noob

There is a fault with the NF site. I have had an error message stating that my post did not go through, but if I refresh the page it is posted. Most forums I know do not even allow for the same post/submit button to be clicked twice.

Two points:

1) I considered it, but figured the shame of ending to week with a negative score could motivate some people to work harder

2) what happens if a beater negates more score than a keeper blocks? Like perhaps that should never get below zero, because at the moment those excess points will be added to the beaters team score (which is technically not what beaters are supposed to do)

While that is understandable for gameplay, it would make playing as anything other than Chaser a risk that one's points would not be used at all in the final score therefore we would have teams of just Chasers excepting any blanket disallowing of such.

I'm feeling a bit discouraged by being in the only team that has just two player who update the spreadsheet.

Just 5 more this morning...

If they do not show up by Saturday they will be deemed hexed and the teams will be re-balanced for game 2 with people that do not might switching or had two preferred teams.

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

I'm here! I'm here!!  I completely forgot about this yesterday but I did some push ups at the end of my workout Monday.  Gotta hit it extra hard today to make up for my slackin'

Glad you are here too!

Give it your best *hug?*

Players and spectators can follow the action on the NF Quidditch Spreadsheet

I really like that you have the link on every page. Thank!

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Today was legs day but once I get home after work, I'm gonna do some push-ups for every 5 minutes of TV or something. Go go go Hufflepuff, we rock! :P

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Do we have to add it to the spreadsheets ourselves? And how does one go about doing that?

Go ahead and open up the spreadsheet and find your name. Column D is where you will be adding your score. If you did 200 pushups, type 200. It will automatically calculate your score. Because you have a very high AMRAP (Starting) score, you will have to do more pushups to get a point. You have to do 51 pushups per point, while Sjard has to do 20. 

• Like 1

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge