Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm Lindsay and I want to have defined muscles. I want to be like one of those girls you see on instagram and go "daaaamn... she's fit".

I recently joined a new gym in my neighborhood and a friend of mine bought me a fitbit for my 21st birthday to match his. He's been showing me the ropes on squatting and pressing the 45lb bar. Seriously... there is nothing better than having a buff gay best friend at the gym.

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as a program? The days that I go with him are awesome and I just follow his lead, but the days that I go without him, I'm a little lost and usually get perved on if I ask for a spot.

I just turned 21, so keeping the booze at bay is going to be tough, I've always been good at eating less, but eating more is going to be a new adjustment.

I'm excited to join the rebellion! RAAWR!!!!

Lindsay, Level 1. Warrior Princess

Becoming a Warrior Princess, Step 1

What's up Lindsay?

Welcome to the Rebellion! There's nothing quite like getting stronger and tighter. Here's what worked for me when I started here:

Lifting Routine: http://stronglifts.com/

I saw massive gains in less than 3 months. Just download the book and don't sign up for the newsletter, because the dude is annoying. Everything you need to know (and a lot you don't) is in the book.

Diet: http://iifym.com/

I follow the calories in vs. calories out philosophy, and this is a great starting point for that. If you're interested in Paleo or other lifestyles, there are plenty of resources on the site.

You sound like you've got the soul of a warrior. Take on the first challenge and then join us. Good luck!

• Like 1

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Welcome to the rebellion, Lindsay.  I am Super Destroyer, the warrior ambassador.  Sounds like you are a warrior in training.  Strong Lifts, (squats, dead lifts, bench, overhead press, and barbell row), will definitely get you started on the right track.  It is an easy to follow program and you can really get strong on it.  Let me, or any of the other warriors you have talked to, know if you have any questions.  I will look forward to seeing your challenge when you get it done.

Wow... an ambassador's welcome. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Super Destroyer! :D

I flipped through the StrongLifts book and after paaaaaages of boring blah and pictures of big dudes, I finally got to the program. I sent it to my gym friend and he's heard of it and that it's legit.

I'm making my challenge in a little bit. So excited!!!!

• Like 1

Hey Lindsay, I'm also a 20 something female and I agree that strong lifts is good although I've had more luck with starting strength. I see major gains and lots of new muscles. If I'm not mistaken they're similar programs but I think ss is simpler but just as effective. However, no matter what you choose eat lots of protein, eat lots in general. And good luck. Also, if you have any questions, let me know, sometimes it can be pretty different for a female than for a male and it's nice to have ladies to talk to. The rebellion is great for that, everyone on here is super cool. Throw up your challenge thread when it's ready so we can find it and follow you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Hey Lindsay, I'm also a 20 something female and I agree that strong lifts is good although I've had more luck with starting strength. I see major gains and lots of new muscles. If I'm not mistaken they're similar programs but I think ss is simpler but just as effective. However, no matter what you choose eat lots of protein, eat lots in general. And good luck. Also, if you have any questions, let me know, sometimes it can be pretty different for a female than for a male and it's nice to have ladies to talk to. The rebellion is great for that, everyone on here is super cool. Throw up your challenge thread when it's ready so we can find it and follow you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jess! Thanks for such the warm welcome! I'm glad to hear you've had good luck with starting strength. I'm going to see how SL works for me this challenge. I'll definitely hit you up with any questions. Challenge thread is in my signature!