Forums are back in action! ×

Hiya, I'm Jay! I've been on the forums before but I'm really bad at being a part of any kind of community because I'm bad at putting myself out there online. 

About Me!

So, I'm a little neuroatypical nerdy gendermess living in Western Massachusetts with my partner and two cats. My hobbies are playing Fantasy pen and paper games like D&D and Rolemaster. I'm a big fan of video games, Skyrim, Fall Out 3, and Minecraft are among my favorites. Also, movies. Movies and I are best friends, they are my rock and my soft fuzzy blanket. As my username suggests, I like Grungy 90s music and Gardening. You can find me on Tumblr by the same if you like random funny stuff. 

Why am I here?

Why is anyone here? It's pretty much the same story as everyone. I'm not happy with my body and health. I'd like to find a healthy way to shed all these pounds I've accumulated over the years. I'm about 275 pounds right now with bad knees, it's just not working out for me. I'd like to look into a mirror and see what I see in my mind's eye. Especially with being a gendermess, if I lost some weight, that might help with how I feel about myself. I'm hoping that keeping an account of what I'm doing on here and making some friends to cheer me on will keep me on track. 

GOALSSSSSS!

The goal is to be able to go hiking! I love camping and being in nature, but I want to do those things without feeling winded and out of shape. I'd like to be able to hike Mt. Tom and some of the Appalachian Trail maybe! I really like walking long distances for some strange reason, it's always been something I didn't mind doing after the initial "I don't wanna!". I don't like running and swimming isn't in my forte. Hiking and Walking are my jam! Also, with all the walking and such, I'd like to get out of the "Extremely Obese" section of the BMI chart. (Even if it's a horrible way to dictate if someone is healthy or not.)

How can you help?

Every good hero needs some help, whether a companion or just a cheering section. I need that cheering section! To make it to my goals, I need someone to be like "Yo, Jay.. Good job!". An accountability buddy would be wicked cool! Also, if anyone is in the area, I love chatting while walking. :) Also also, any tips or suggestions on exercises would be awesome. 

Oh yeah, how am I doing it?

Plan is to try the Weight Watchers' Simple Start program because 1.) No point watching 2.) Grocery List! 3.) Healthy Foods and Recipes that I can trick my partner into eating.

I'm not a big fan of Weight Watchers in all honesty, but it's worth a try to get into healthier eating habits.

I'm also planning on doing Full Body Strength exercises, Long Distance Walks and possibly Yoga.

So yeah. Be my friend, friends!

âš”â¦Forest Gnome Adventurer â¦âš”

STR DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

x x

“The Struggle you’re in Today is developing the Strength you need for Tomorrow†-Unknown

Welcome @GrungyGardener,

I look forward to hearing about your hiking quests!  I am heading to CA next weekend (Santa Barbara and LA area) so I'm going to check out a few that involve caves and water falls!!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Wizard of Balance - Assassin Level 1

STR(3), DEX(2), STA(3), CON(2), WIS(3), CHA(2)

"If it is important to you, you will find a way ... if not, you will find an excuse" - (I don't recall whose quote this is, but I love it!)

Welcome to the rebellion Jay!

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford

Props for the thread title :) I hear ya loud and clear on both wanting to love what you see in the mirror, and having issues putting yourself out there online in forums. Best of luck!!! 

Btw, if you haven't found one already on the accountabilibuddy sign-up sheet, I'm looking for one for the rest of this 6 week program - our goals might be a bit different, but we can still encourage each other and check accountability

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone! It's so nice to have such a friendly community right off the bat!

@metsuyan : Thanks for the follow!

@nightwatcher13 : I haven't actually looked at the sign up sheet for that, I'd love to be your accountabilibuddy if you wanted! I don't know how good I'd be at it, but it could be really fun! :)

âš”â¦Forest Gnome Adventurer â¦âš”

STR DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

x x

“The Struggle you’re in Today is developing the Strength you need for Tomorrow†-Unknown