Forums are back in action! ×

The Downsides of Fitness

I've noticed this myself as well.  I love my XS Energy for that very reason.  It doesn't mess up my stomach like soda used to.  I do still very occasionally have a cookie or something, but I can definitely feel it more than before.  It's actually pretty amazing to me.  

I can't even drink soda without feeling sick.  Most junk food my body hates me for.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

It has been a few years since I've been off the soda train, last week a friend of mine was over and left a bottle of Coke Zero. I was pumped to sit down on the couch and play "The Last of us" which I had been waiting to get on sale since it came out last year.

Sat down, played the first ten minutes of the game, completely emotionally drawn in, opened the soda... Took a sip... poured out the rest. Soda is kind of gross to me now. 

• Like 1

Currently lost in Fitness.

It has been a few years since I've been off the soda train, last week a friend of mine was over and left a bottle of Coke Zero. I was pumped to sit down on the couch and play "The Last of us" which I had been waiting to get on sale since it came out last year.

Sat down, played the first ten minutes of the game, completely emotionally drawn in, opened the soda... Took a sip... poured out the rest. Soda is kind of gross to me now. 

Not there yet, but I do get some pretty nasty headaches if I'm not careful. Not sure if it's the sugar, or caffeine since I don't really consume much of both.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Mountain Dew is like that for me. I use drink so much of that junk

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I'm kinda the opposite.  I still really like the taste.  It's the way it makes me feel an hour later that makes me stay away from soda.  I don't know if it's the syrup they use or what, but I just don't like it.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I love the taste of Coca-Cola and can't imagine I'll ever stop that. However, I don't drink it often. I had it a couple of times on vacation and generally might have a can with pizza every now and then. On Super Bowl Sunday we always have some in glass bottles.

I usually drink iced tea with Sweet 'n Low when I want something other than water. Sweet 'n Low is my vice.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I love the taste of Coca-Cola and can't imagine I'll ever stop that. However, I don't drink it often. I had it a couple of times on vacation and generally might have a can with pizza every now and then. On Super Bowl Sunday we always have some in glass bottles.

Fun fact if you happen to have an older, carbureted vehicle: Coca-Cola makes a fantastic solvent/cleaning agent too.  Pour half a can (slowly) down a carb with the engine running.  Helps clean the valves right up.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

A person can eat like crap, and still cook at home

A person can eat healthy, and not trash the kitchen. In fact, healthier food should be easier to clean up, since you run less risk of burning sugars & fats on the stove, and you don't have sticky & gooey sauces & gravies to clean off the plates & silverware

YMMV

I need lessons in how not to make my kitchen look like a bomb blew up  after I'm done cooking. I know how to cook, it's just that cleaning thing that trips me up :redface-new:

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

A person can eat healthy, and not trash the kitchen. In fact, healthier food should be easier to clean up, since you run less risk of burning sugars & fats on the stove, and you don't have sticky & gooey sauces & gravies to clean off the plates & silverware

YMMV

True, but it's definitely still possible.  Case in point: I had to throw away a cupcake tin I used to make the egg/bacon cupcake things because they stuck to the tin and would not come off.  I swear I washed that thing probably 20+ times with no success at all.  

But I'm also the guy that totally ruined Rice a Roni.  I'm not talking "oh it's a bit crispy but still tastes good".  I mean, black-charred-to-the-pan-burnt-to-a-crisp kind of ruined.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I wish I had a dish washer. :(

Countertop Dishwasher an option?

I'm assuming you don't want to have one installed, I was in the same boat and got a countertop version that hooks onto your faucet when you need it.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

It helps to wash as you go. Rinse off stuff as soon as possible (you don't need it to be sparkling, just to get most of the gunk off) so that the actual cleaning is less arduous. Heavily gunked up trays go into soak (hot water and washing up liquid). And don't ever let the stuff pile up too much - it only makes it more daunting to go back to it, and soon you run out of trays and plates and mugs and such.

• Like 1

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

It helps to wash as you go. Rinse off stuff as soon as possible (you don't need it to be sparkling, just to get most of the gunk off) so that the actual cleaning is less arduous. Heavily gunked up trays go into soak (hot water and washing up liquid). And don't ever let the stuff pile up too much - it only makes it more daunting to go back to it, and soon you run out of trays and plates and mugs and such.

Week 6 of the challenge, so my brain is on new challenge ideas. I may make this a goal next challenge. I know this is how you do it, but I hardly ever think about it until after the food is done. Maybe if I did it as a challenge, I could finally make it a habit.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Thank God for dishwashers!  

I have a dishwasher. He's tall, likes outdoorsy stuff, goes by the title "bf," and insists that he does a better job than "that ******* machine under the counter." 

• Like 6

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

How did this ever end up on page 2?

I just recently started adding a hypertrophy set to the end of my max-strength workout sets, so this might stem from this:

I know have the problem that the frecking expensive pants I bought this summer are really really really uncomfortably tight around my legs...I already had to throw away another pair of jeans I cannot zip up anymore. While my gf finds this hilarous and seems to like me having some ass, I don't enjoy shopping too much, and I disdain wasting perfectly good clothing...

Also, appearantly, from a certain size of thighs on, they start to rub at each other. Chaving...really uncomfortable. And for the first time I understand the lost comforts of a thight gap...

Same goes for shirts and t-shirts...everything now spans around my chest and upper arms...I'm by no means huge, but I was a stick of a man before...so...all in all the point of this post is:

"I hate buying new clothes, but I have to because the old shit is really tight."

• Like 1