Forums are back in action! ×

Lazergician here, 21, New England based. 

About... 5 years ago, (which is way longer than I imagined, now that I think about it), I was teaching parkour and freerunning as an after school job in high school. I wasn't in particularly great shape, or really great at the sport either, but I knew it really well, and could teach it better than a lot of people. I was in what I would say was the best shape of my life at that point - but even then, I wasn't great.

Then I went off to college, stopped freerunning, picked up smoking, and things aren't so great fitness wise at the moment.

BUT!

I've more or less quit smoking, only having one every now and again when I've had a few drinks, but even those are becoming rare. I'm incredibly proud of myself for that, actually. It's been a huge mental block for me. My old workout routine would be:

- 10min walk / run warm up

- body weight exercises

- 10min run / walk cool down

But, because of smoking, I couldn't get past the warm up. It was outstandingly frustrating and demoralizing. Now that I've quit, I'm working my cardio and lung capacity back up so that I can get back in the swing of things.

I don't have any real goals yet other than to lose some weight and body fact percentage, how much yet to be defined. And my diet needs a bit of work, but one thing at a time :)

Sorry for the novel, ended up being a lot longer than I expected.

• Like 1

Level 1 Half Elf Warrior

STR 2 | STA 3 | DEX 1 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 0

Challenges: [1]  [2]  [3]

Current Challenge  

Because who doesn't want to be a laser magician?

Welcome to the board from an old Englander haha, and if weightloss is your goal the best option is calorie control, The myfitnesspal app has worked well for me.

Yea, I've been using that in conjunction with MapMyRun. Just started a few days ago though, so probably won't be able to judge anything for a bit. Feels good to be working on it though.

Level 1 Half Elf Warrior

STR 2 | STA 3 | DEX 1 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 0

Challenges: [1]  [2]  [3]

Current Challenge  

Because who doesn't want to be a laser magician?

Yea, I've been using that in conjunction with MapMyRun. Just started a few days ago though, so probably won't be able to judge anything for a bit. Feels good to be working on it though.

Good combo, and it will take time for your body to get in gear :), just stick with it and you'll be fine.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2