Forums are back in action! ×

Rebels Who Play Video Games

Gamer rebels, help is needed! I have a great gaming laptop and this time last year I could play Dota, Warframe, all my other games on maximum settings with no issues, high FPS. Now over the year my laptop has gradually gotten slower and slower. Now I can't play some games at more than 5FPS, no exaggeration. Drivers are up-to-date, I've tried defraggmenting, cleaning up spare files, running a game booster to close extra processes, proritising the game on the CPU usage and the only thing that has improved is Dota 2, which is now playable with some graphics settings on. However games like Warframe and Planetside are impossible to play. :(

I've noticed it really only happens with online games. However I know it is not the internet. I have used 3 different internet connections, some directly connected with a cable, some wireless, it makes no difference. Also these are the the same connections I used when the games were running fine. Some offline games are slightly slower, but I can still do massive Total War battles with little/no issues. The only solution I can think of is a complete reinstallation of Windows to take my laptop back to factory status.

Has anyone else faced this problem or can offer some advice? I just want to get back to gaming again. :(

Level 2 Hobbit:  STR: 1 | STA: 4 | DEX: 4 | CON: 5.4 | WIS: 4.4 | CHA: 2.5

Couch-to-5k!

70.4%
70.4%

Losing 12.3kg!

0%
0%

Challenges: 1 | Current |

Tea and Scones: I'm not tech savvy really , but had he same issue with the Sims3. After installing all the expansions and custom content and what not it got too ram intensive for my computer. I think if 4 sims flush a toilet at the same time it crashes. However the internet plays a factor. Not jacked into the net my game runs fine, sluggish during background auto saves, but fine. Is there an auto save cahce for those games? Sometimes purging that helps significantly.

I'd wait for a more tech savvy answer before you act though

Race: Kender Class: Warrior

Level:7

STR:25 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:14

I have 8GB RAM so I really hope it's not my RAM that's messed up, that would really suck. They don't have autosaves onthe games I'm having trouble with, Warframe updates at the end of each mission, for example. It really sucks that it's only internet based games I'm having trouble with as those are my favourites. :tongue: I feel your pain with Sims 3 though. Strangely I found that if I start off with a small household and gradually expand it the game runs pretty fine, have you tried that at all? I only have 3 or 4 expansions though so it's nowhere near as RAM intensive as the whole thing.

Couch-to-5k!

70.4%
70.4%

Losing 12.3kg!

0%
0%

I've had a similar issue playing WH40K Space Marine. While it worked fine at max settings during multiplayer, it was real slow when I went multi. At some point I tried lowering graphics and the multiplayer experience suddenly became a lot more streamlined. Can't really explain it. I think that although my PC has the processing power, my connection couldn't handle the "max settings" traffic

Lvl 65 Multitasker

1. What platforms do you currently play video games on? > PC, PS3, WII

2. What are your gamer tags on those platforms?

nanahterasu > steam

nanahchan > league of legends

ps3 > Nanah_chan

3. What games are you currently playing?

A lot of team fortress 2 and league of legends.

For single player games, I've been playing a lot of banished.

Body fat: 25%

Weight: 62 kg>61.4 kg>61 kg>60.1 kg

Height: 165cm

Cholesterol: 302 mg/dl > 187 mg/dl :nevreness:

1st 6 week challenge â–ˆ Battle Log â–ˆ 2nd 6 week challenge

1. What platforms do you currently play video games on? > PC, PS3, WII

nanahterasu > steam

nanahchan > league of legends

ps3 > Nanah_chan

A lot of team fortress 2 and league of legends.

For single player games, I've been playing a lot of banished.

How is banished? I've been thinking about getting it since it was released.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Another Banished player here - it is a lot of fun. Expect a couple of dead villages the first couple of times you play, but once you get the hang of it, it's really great. Would recommend getting some mods once you're used to it. Personally I feel the one for quarries and mines never running out of resources is one of the best, it really keeps everything going a lot smoother and would recommend getting it even before your first game. But yeah, Banished is awesome, but if you get it, make sure to have a LOT of time on your hands, you won't be able to stop playing it. :P

Couch-to-5k!

70.4%
70.4%

Losing 12.3kg!

0%
0%

TBH, it's a bit hard to get used to at the beggining and the interface doesn't make much sense, but it's lots of fun when you get the hang of it :D

Body fat: 25%

Weight: 62 kg>61.4 kg>61 kg>60.1 kg

Height: 165cm

Cholesterol: 302 mg/dl > 187 mg/dl :nevreness:

1st 6 week challenge â–ˆ Battle Log â–ˆ 2nd 6 week challenge

ive heard it is quite unforgiving and the majority of your early settlements die quite quickly.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

1. What platforms do you currently play video games on? I use my MBP (not bootcamped) and have a Steam account

Can't remember my handle in steam

GW2 - Amdhiel.1562

I have a dormant LotRO account on Crickhollow, and am open to trying other games. I might bootcamp when I upgrade my comp so that I can play windows based games.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Added my info to the spreadsheet. Always willing to shoot up some aliens with people (Destiny, PS4) so add me and we can run a few strikes. :)

Looking to complete the weekly strike. I'll probably be on tonight if you want to play!

Also been trying my luck in the Iron Banner crucible. I'm getting un-terrible in the multi-player.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

feel free to look me up as well, I hardly use headset though due to midget sleeping when I play or bugging wifeDee.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Looking to complete the weekly strike. I'll probably be on tonight if you want to play!

Also been trying my luck in the Iron Banner crucible. I'm getting un-terrible in the multi-player.

Ooh.. there is a super-secret hiding place for this week's strike.  We did it last night. I am more than happy to do it again if we wind up playing tonight (I also picked up Shadow of Mordor this week, so we might break that open instead). I'll invite you to the fireteam (and turn on my microphone) if we decide to go do it again.

I am still terribad at PvP. My K/D is typically less than 0.5

I should be downloading Shadow of Mordor tonight while I'm playing Destiny. Can't wait to start playing that game. It sounds awesome!

feel free to look me up as well, I hardly use headset though due to midget sleeping when I play or bugging wifeDee.

I'll look for you. I usually have my headset off because I'm listening to a podcast or watching something. Destiny is a great game for that :)

I has it on pc. Even with everything on mid or low the game is still brilliant. I'm loving it thus far my current goal is to kill all the captains but those I want to become war chief before any n new ones show up.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

Phogoth makes me sad, I loathe that strike.

A little concerned about the long term viability of Destiny but I am definitely enjoying it right now. Light level 24, but it seems like I hit the really grindy portion of the game.

I really need to stop stock piling games and play them. I picked up The Last of Us remastered and have not opened it yet.

Phogoth makes me sad, I loathe that strike.

A little concerned about the long term viability of Destiny but I am definitely enjoying it right now. Light level 24, but it seems like I hit the really grindy portion of the game.

I really need to stop stock piling games and play them. I picked up The Last of Us remastered and have not opened it yet.

I'm at the same level and yes I feel like it is extremely grindy. I can't seem to get any decent drops and it takes forever to level up your vanguard rep and other such reps.

Let me know what you think of Last of Us. I didn't like the game-play but the story is a gem, IMO.

I'm at the same level and yes I feel like it is extremely grindy. I can't seem to get any decent drops and it takes forever to level up your vanguard rep and other such reps.

Let me know what you think of Last of Us. I didn't like the game-play but the story is a gem, IMO.

I have the same problem with drops. The weird part is that the game seems to quadruple dip on the RNG. You have to randomly get a drop.. then randomly hope it's a blue/purple engram..then randomly hope it decodes into a blue or purple item..then randomly hope it's not a class item for an alternate class. Some of it just feels random for the sake of being so, which does not add much value to the gameplay.

I also need much cooler looking gear. My choices right now are looking like a hobo in stained, tattered robes, or putting on the shader that turns me into a neon orange jolly rancher. I have an ship capable of exceeding light speed but have to wear a dirty robe?

More, how do I not have a laser gun yet?!?