Forums are back in action! ×

NerdFitness Fantasy Football League - 2016 - Updated!

Do you mean this guy??

Yeah, he's terrible. I think shitty offensive line play has been the biggest issue.

Arians_Coach640.jpg

As for Big Ben, I think having a top running back in his backfield has done wonders for him.

You just got our Guard.  Ask Kaep how much he liked running for his life the second he got the ball last year...  Palmer can't move...   o/u just went down to 5.5

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Assuming Palmer starts the season healthy, are you willing to bet your best player on that?

Nope...  I talk a good game, and when I'm right, I remind you about it so you don't remember when I was wrong.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

Even Madden is dogging them...  

VHJzuj6.jpg

BTW...  49 days to Pats - Steelers (not that I'm counting.)  Its a glorious number 49, it smells like victory.  

AHHH!!!  Football needs to start!!!!

sad-kid-reaction-gif.gif

• Like 1

Wheymen

Ouch, Seahawks got burned bad there.

10 days until training camp! 23 days unitl preseason opener (I have tickets).

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

What's your take on Bradford?

Real life QB or Fantasy?

RL:  He has failed to show that he can stay healty, but how do you classify "350lbs lineman keep rolling up on his knees" as a defect.  He was a spread guy at Oklahoma and I think he will be "Foles" like with Chip running the show.

I really like him as a prospect

Fantasy:  I'm not telling you before the draft!!  (but I do have my eye on him.)  This is what Matthew Berry says about it:  

21. Since Chip Kelly took over in 2013, Eagles quarterbacks have combined to score 594 fantasy points (18.6 per game).

22. During that span, the only quarterbacks with more fantasy points than "Eagles QB" are Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Andrew Luck.

23. Sam Bradford is also going outside the top 15 at quarterback. Mark Sanchezisn't being drafted.

I really like him as a prospect

Wheymen

with that said...  lots of QB's being drafted outside the top 10 that could have a lot of value...  Bradford, Palmer, Kaep.  Tannehill, flacco, Rivers and bridgewater.  Brady is too, but when the NFL can't uphold to slanderous suspension, he'll be back in the top 8 again.  

Wheymen

I am gonna have to pass this year I think. I don't wanna take a spot when I won't be all that active. Had a blast last year, hopefully next year!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Got a quick question. How/when are we doing the draft this year?

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

So, this year, I'd like everyone to name their team a funny pun based on their favorite NFL team.

If you don't have a team, pick one. Let's see who can come up with the best one.

I'm in for this!

oFDX7NN.jpg

I am gonna have to pass this year I think. I don't wanna take a spot when I won't be all that active. Had a blast last year, hopefully next year!

We'll miss you bro, you were fun to play against.

Got a quick question. How/when are we doing the draft this year?

The online draft is snake draft (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 then 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, repeat)  Last year we had 14, but 10 is a good average number for leagues.  Online drafts usually take 60-90 minutes and the date isn't set yet for this league.  but if you can't make it, you can be auto drafted.  Just make sure you go in and adjust your ranking prior to draft so you aren't stuck with all the over valued players.  

I suggest you do some mock drafts so you know what to expect.  

Wheymen

I participated last year, I just wasn't sure if we were going to do the same format or not.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

if it is a FRI or SAT I can do that otherwise i'm already in bed at that time.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

That time works for me except for Fridays and Saturdays, as we typically have social plans.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

6pm Pac time is good for me, just not the 3rd.  But it doesn't matter, I autodrafted last year with my rankings based on 10 teams...  and still won.

Wheymen