Forums are back in action! ×

Any RolePlayers here?

In other news, I finally remembered to drop by my local hobbystore yesterday and join a D&d 5th. ed. party. Players and NPCs are giving me weird sideways glances. I don't get it. What could possibly creep them out about a Lawful Evil Tiefling Warlock allied with the Zentharim?

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I just can't play Neutral or Evil characters. A soon as the DM throws a innocent in peril, even my Chaotic Evil characters start going soft...

Worst I played was a Witch in Paladium; and that was just pure fun, as I really had no say against what the demon told me to do... that session ended in a rewind to the start of the session "So a guy walks up to you and asks if he can join." what just happened is what flashes through your mind. Rerolled a Knight. I love me some Knights!

Foot note, I plan on posting on the RP thread today; I'll put "LOADING PLEASE WAIT" and edit it with my response shortly there after, will probably be around 8PM tonight. Been to busy too sneak a post in with any great length the last two days.

-Purple_Panda

I've never been able to play pure good or pure evil characters. My standby was always Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Good. Pesky laws get in the way...

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

So many Warlocks!  My 5e character is a Warlock (Archfey) with the Entertainer background, which basically means she's a 'lock disguised as a Bard.  Her entire life story, including her pact with the Queen of Air and Darkness, can be pretty much summarized with the phrase "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time!" which makes her pretty fun to play.  (As you can probably guess, she's CN.)

I just can't play Neutral or Evil characters. A soon as the DM throws a innocent in peril, even my Chaotic Evil characters start going soft...

I find that the only way I can play an evil(ish) character is to play LE with a rigid personal code, or NE where "evil" basically boils down to "extremely selfish."  Then again, I have a hard time playing purely good, as well, possibly because I love rogues so much.  My characters usually fall somewhere along the neutral or chaotic spectrum, with CG being the about the best I can manage for "good."

• Like 2

Dwarven Adventurer, level 0.

"We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment... and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly." (Flemeth, Dragon Age II)

Target Weight: 200lbs | Starting Weight: 262lbs | Current Weight: 253lbs

I'm all about that bass.

I've always wanted to play an evil character (Lawful mostly, because I like the idea of evil with a code). But every DM I've ever had said no way! I tried to talk them into it by explaining the idea of being the pendulum pusher in a society is pure excitement. It wasn't about stealing from or not helping my fellows. I wanted to start something and see where a community if people would take it. Do all people have their best come out in a crisis?

What fun would it be to just keep adding to one side of good or evil? Boring! lol

Anywho.. love the gang so far!

@cn3wton -- Elves are taller than humans in this edition, right? Or was I looking in the wrong spot? I rolled numbers that got Flo to 5'10" and 145 pounds. Let me know if I should change it, thanks.

EDIT:: Ah, 5'9" and 108 pounds I'm a stick!! Thx

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I've only RP'd in Forum based stuff, post by post, power levels and such more fluid and restricted by common sense rather than dice. "Honor system" on giving/taking hits(which doesn't always work, but is great fun when it does). I've just never had anyone to do D&D type stuff with, and the initial costs are a bit too much for me right now when I don't necessarily have a group to play with in the first place. I hate to ask, and I'm cool if you say no, but do y'all still have room for another slot? 

Jaxton, Lv. 1 Elf Adventurer

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Challenge Files: 001

I hate to ask, and I'm cool if you say no, but do y'all still have room for another slot? 

I'm going to have to say no, right now we are sitting at 6. I can leave it up to everyone else in the group, but I think we are full sadly...

There seems to be a lot more interest than expected in doing something like this. We will have to try and figure something out so we can have more ppl.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Hey guys I have capped off the number of players to 6 for this journey.  I have started an OOC thread after Gainsdalf's suggestion. I have posted the next part of the story (as it is relatively simple and I think everybody knows every now). Please tell me your initiative in the OOC so I can establish turn order.

We should stop posting here about our specific game... I hope everybody stops by and sees whats going on. And I am hoping this goes well so that we can do more. 

I am also holding out hope for a warhammer game soon!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

People drop out quite often in these forums things. Hopefully that's not the case in this game, but if it turns out to be, maybe DM will let you take over a character.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

or if it starts to expand have perma-death if/when you die someone else comes in.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

I don't see your point. Most of my evil characters would save that innocent in peril. He'd just owe them his servitude, his property and his firstborn son afterwards :P

Gains, I have had to re-read your RP post at least 3 times due to laughing so hard'. Bronan is killing me'

I'll second that. I like how we've struck a good balance keeping it humorous without getting a completely ridiculous parody. Kudos, team.

I find that the only way I can play an evil(ish) character is to play LE with a rigid personal code, or NE where "evil" basically boils down to "extremely selfish."

I've been mostly DMing, so I'm familiar with evil types. I just put plenty of research into them so they make sense and sometimes I'll talk groups into running an evil adventure just for a change. There are many finer shades and usually it boils down to a character's motives and methods. I've played a lawful evil cleric of Hextor, who believed in militaristic order and war weeding out the weaklings (Epic moment: "I don't do heals. You've proven yourself weak, so you deserve to bleed to death"). I've played a NE rogue who put personal interest before everything else and at the expense of everything else. I've played a LE fighter who was chivalrous to the bone, borderline paladinous, until the last moment when he was made general of the kingdom, slew the king and became a tyrant (bit of Arthas-Palpatine mix there). Caricature surface evil goes nowhere.

I hate to ask, and I'm cool if you say no, but do y'all still have room for another slot? 

There's indeed plenty of us already, but it'll be a short adventure instead of a grand campaign. Partly because of what Gains said, Play by Posts rarely last for long periods of time. Next round it'll be new people and a new system, so stay tuned!

SOON...

huss.jpg

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Blood for the Blood god!

• Like 2

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Glad you guys are enjoying him. I'm cracking myself up writing the posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Blood for the Blood god!

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

• Like 2

"We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment... and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly." (Flemeth, Dragon Age II)

I'm all about that bass.

I'd throw a few Slaanesh warcries to the mix, but it'll go beyond Rated-R :P

Interesting to see so many chaos people about. Surprising how Black Crusade didn't go so well on the spreadsheet. Perhaps I should consider running a Warhammer game where the players are cultists instead of Imperials?

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I split a gut when you whipped out the severed leg

Ha ha, actually, the few times I've played, I've played Adeptas Sororitas, I just think Chaos has better battle cries.

I'm all about that bass.

Slaanesh or Kharne thats where its at for sure. 

Blood for the Blood god!

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Blood and souls for my lord Arioch! (I know, different story, but I couldn't resist.)

• Like 1

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!