Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Okay, that's all 6 intro posts. Thanks so much!

I will be posting one for Oramac.

I will be posting a DM one tonight and a follow up one tomorrow but consider it one DM post for the week.

Cheers!

EDIT

*** I was hoping to get the second half of the post up, but it will not happen tonight.

I will complain just a little (haha) by saying today was a crappy birthday for me and pain has not stopped pushing me around! DAMN IT!! Okay, enough of that.

The next part will be up by tomorrow night. 

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

18 hours ago, Laghail said:

If it's easier for the readers, I'll stick to black with blue for Tvar's dialogue, other colors depending on other speakers.

Not sure I get it right, but Teri did a thing while playing Flo where she'd incorporate other character's words in her post. I don't mind it as long as what comes after is your character's thoughts or internal monologue, otherwise it messes up the portrayal of a conversation for me.

Also, happy birthday Terinatum!

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Not sure I get it right, but Teri did a thing while playing Flo where she'd incorporate other character's words in her post. I don't mind it as long as what comes after is your character's thoughts or internal monologue, otherwise it messes up the portrayal of a conversation for me.

Noted. Gimme Purple and I'm happy. 

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

(Round One)

is about the reaction to the mass fighting and possibly noticing the sky changing. Each roll perception vs a DC of 13 to see the silver streaks in the sky before the light heads to the ground.

Bronan – takes down two dreads with relative ease, but then he gets ensnared/tangled up with (at least 6) opponents at once and will have to use a Withdrawal Action in this round, before continuing.  Takes 3 hp of nonlethal dam and 2 hp of dam from 1 att of opp. Bronan knows that Bacon is still nearby, but has changed direction/focus during the last round.

Bacon – Bacon heard Oramac’s yell, but did he understand the words? Roll Perception vs DC 20. The entangle spell works on the first dread he sees. The other three dreads move through it unhampered. The next dread coming up behind the first group has at least one arrow protruding from him but is still running full force (moving into the vine area). The two dreads to the right are distracted by the puma’s sudden appearance and they hungrily head straight for him (may enter vine area, may not). Bacon gets overrun by 5 hysterical escaping people and will have to use a Withdrawal Action in this round, before continuing.  2 hp of nonlethal dam

Henry -- gets to a quiet-ish area between two huts and sees Markus guiding people through the wall and then shooting arrows (assumedly) at dreads that Henry cannot see directly. He would consider this person to be the best bet for the boy as he is the only one that Henry has seen so far that is actually helping others. The boy is at -1 hps on this round as he lost consciousness on the horse. Getting the boy off the horse carefully will mean a possible att of opportunity. If he takes him down roughly, no att of opp, but possibly 1 hp of dam to the boy.

Markus -- Two arrows make good contact (same or different opponent – your choice) and the third arrow flies up and wide with no apparent danger to anything beyond). The dreads are running past him into the field where the majority of the people are (the easier prey for them).  No direct attacks are made on him and he is not gathered up in the rush of movement so he does not get entangled). Markus clearly recognizes that the horse rider is looking for help rather than fighting for one side or the other at the moment as he can see an unconscious child with him.

Tvar – the puma will get between (behind the gnome) the running gnome and the dreads. One dread gets pulled to the ground and smothered by the very grass and vines on the ground. Three others come through the area easily. The next dread coming up behind the first group has at least one arrow protruding from him but is still running full force (moving into the vine area). The two dreads to the left (Bacon’s right) are distracted by the puma’s sudden appearance and they hungrily head straight for him (may enter vine area, may not). Tvar will be in battle reach, and with the puma, in this round, but will be last to act in this round.

Quavyn – deftly avoids running into the freaked-out people in front of him, roll Perception (DC 15) to see if he notices the puma, and roll again (DC18) to see if you notice the other gnome in the area (Bacon).

Your Narrative Post

Your next post should contain the results above written as you would experience them. Your character may not see everything that’s happening because they are either not in the line of sight or they are too preoccupied to bother.

In the same post, you may write about an idea of what to do next round. The planning thoughts in your character’s head. Do not put any outcomes of these ideas in the same post.

Your OOC Post

In the OOC thread, please list your ideas for the next round and the appropriate rolls for the ideas. See below

If you are…

Fighting: for direct combat, please list 3 attacks with damage, include any skill or feat info and rolls that I will need for your attack. Plus list spells to be used with any damages or results I will need.

Not fighting: list the intentions and the desired outcomes you are working toward. Include skills and/or feats and the rolls required as needed.

*** If I am missing something, please let me know! This is my first PbP so I could miss what I normally wouldn’t in live action.

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Map 1 - basic character positions can use this link until I figure out how the hell I can upload pictures!

Map 2 - view with all action with this link.

D's are dreads - if there's a line through them they are dead or disabled

The spaces in the walls are broken walls and are not actually that wide and clear.

The fleeing people are in panic mode, except for the one whose arrow ends is in the forest. The puma ran to Quavyn after this group passed by. Whether the people can or will fight is unknown at this point.

The green field is Bacon's spell effect area with 1 disabled Dread.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

2 minutes ago, mitch_dee said:

I can't get the images to load...anyone else?

Same

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I rolled 21 (10+11) for the puma, 21 (10+11) for noticing Bacon and 23 (13+11) for the lightning.

Quavyn is going to remain as hidden as possible and try to figure out what is going on, who the different people are around him and what their motivations are.

Recognize Bacon as one of the group leaving the city - Perception: 14 (3+11)

Perception roll 2: 17 (6+11)

Perception roll 3: 20 (9+11)

Sense motive roll 1: 26 (16+10)

Sense motive roll 2: 18 (8+10)

Sense motive roll 3: 21 (11+10)

Stealth: 23 (11+12)

Not sure if I will need that many rolls, but putting them here just in case)

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Perception roll to see shining light, Henry = 4+5 = 9 (fail) I didn't bother rolling for Albus.

Henry would be extremely careful with the boy. He will remove him from the horse slowly and with great care. If there is a visible opening to the hut he will go in, if he cannot see it right away he will rest the boy against it. He will only do these things after Markus agrees to help the boy. If he does not he will try to find someone else.

Albus will defend over Markus and Connor, attacking anyone hostile that approaches them. 

With the wording of his attacks it seems he gets 2 hooves and a bite attack for each attack. I will separate these if you find something contrary (i only have online rules to go by)

Hoof attacks, 15 for first roll with 7 damage and a 2 for the second with 3 damage (1d6+2). Bite 20 with 9 damage (1d4+5)

Hoof attacks, 14 for first roll with 7 damage and a 15 for the second with 8 damage(1d6+2). Bite 12 with 5 damage (1d4+5)

Hoof attacks, 8 for first roll with 5 damage and a 2 for the second with 6 damage (1d6+2). Bite 13 with 8 damage (1d4+5)

Henry will stand between Markus, Connor, and Albus, and the most likely direction of attack. He will look around for some kind of improvised weapon, like a piece of wood or something he can use like a club.

perception to find item to use as a weapon = 3 + 5 = 8 

If he can't use anything he will fight with his fists, which have the same attack roll. If he does find a weapon however it is up to you what damage it does. Most are 1d6.

He want's to avoid fighting at all costs, as his sole purpose is to save the boy. 

Stealth - 4 - 1 = 3 ...

If someone comes he will try to disarm him/her.

Disarm = 1 + 5 = 6 no he wont... critical fail..

He will then attack

Attack 1 - 5 + 5 = 10,  7 damage for fists, 9 for improvised weapon (1d4+5 for fists , likely 1d6+5 for club, both non lethal)

Attack 2 - 5 + 4 = 9, 9 for fists, 10 for improvised weapon man this isn't Henry's day...

This should prove to be interesting to say the least...

Also @mitch_dee I'm not quite sure what you look like but I get the feeling you don't necessarily look like a cleric. I am also unsure if @Terinatum wants us to cover our conversation in these narrative posts, or wait until after. I am thinking that we would have the time to converse a bit but if not I will adjust my stuff above accordingly.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

oh, d'ur for those in combat please roll initiative as well, thanks!

The Maps - the maps depict the same round - I separated them so you could see exactly where you were in relation to each other, then added the rest in the next map. I'll label them better next time.

Don't write up this post according to my DM post in the narrative. It takes place over several rounds. You can write up stuff that happens according to the post in the OOC that reads Round One. This is partly my fault for writing up a larger piece than one round in my DM post.

@WhiteGhost -- the gnome's voice would not be distinguishable - too many voices and battle noises. Plus you're not focusing on voices. When you get to the treeline, your perception roll would be good to recognize the gnome in the mix as you would see him trying to untangle himself from fleeing people that were to your left. He would look like an outsider compared to the others, but knowing he was part of the party that left that night, you wouldn't know for certain, but you would definitely think he might be. I mean, how many gnomes are there in this mess!? The bolt of light does not come down quite yet (see above).  Please edit your posts to show the changes, thanks.

@cn3wton -- sorry, but 'not yet you fools' was inner monologue on Markus' part (light blue vs. dark blue). You would have seen him helping the others move through the wall opening even if you didn't hear him. He picked up the bow near the end of the round. You may have paused to make sure he was okay to approach though and may have (roll for it) heard him say, 'May the Hunter help us.' If not all the words, then enough to know it was prayer-like or at least not a hostile remark.

Albus would need a nudge from you to know to change course, but no guidance to get there. Not sure which you were writing. No one followed the horse between the buildings so you could have a very short conversation with Markus before you have to defend anyone. Please give me damages for the horse's attack rolls and yours. Please edit your posts to show the changes, thanks.

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

17 minutes ago, Terinatum said:

@WhiteGhost -- the gnome's voice would not be distinguishable - too many voices and battle noises. Plus you're not focusing on voices. When you get to the treeline, your perception roll would be good to recognize the gnome in the mix as you would see him trying to untangle himself from fleeing people that were to your left. He would look like an outsider compared to the others, but knowing he was part of the party that left that night, you wouldn't know for certain, but you would definitely think he might be. I mean, how many gnomes are there in this mess!? The bolt of light does not come down quite yet (see above).  Please edit your posts to show the changes, thanks.

Roger that! Post is edited accordingly.

For the maps, I think you may have copied the same link twice. I get the same map of positions at both links.

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

@Terinatum no worries all fixed!

Also i will wait until he replies to my statements then add my own response to his reaction to get the short conversation in. If thats ok!

Would you like that as a seperate post or for me to go back and edit my last post?

• Like 1

I will try to post tonight but wifeDee is on comp right now.

• Like 2

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Holy Play by Post, Batman!

That was a lot of info to catch up to, a lot of narrative to read and too many new characters to keep up with. I'll admit sadly I'm not as focused as I used to be (a reading-heavy job and multiple parallel occupations don't help) and since I'll be on holiday from the 3rd to the 10th of the month, I wrote Bacon out for the moment so the story can keep going in my absence.

P.S. Also, I failed both Perception rolls. Spectacularly

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

That was a lot of info to catch up to, a lot of narrative to read and too many new characters to keep up with. 

Imagine what its like for those of us who weren't there for the first two adventures ;)

I was surprised when you wrote Bacon out of the action, Iwas afraid you were quitting on us.

Real world is priority #1 so look forward to having you back when time allows

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Imagine what its like for those of us who weren't there for the first two adventures ;)

I ran this adventure originally and I forgot half the stuff that had happened before! lol. It has been like over a year...

• Like 2