Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Holy Play by Post, Batman!

That was a lot of info to catch up to, a lot of narrative to read and too many new characters to keep up with. I'll admit sadly I'm not as focused as I used to be (a reading-heavy job and multiple parallel occupations don't help) and since I'll be on holiday from the 3rd to the 10th of the month, I wrote Bacon out for the moment so the story can keep going in my absence.

P.S. Also, I failed both Perception rolls. Spectacularly

I thought that's what you did. I was like...? How many hit points does he have that he's unconscious?! 

Okay, will write you out (sort of) until I hear from you. Shall Bronan carry you with him? Maybe you fall into a coma?

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Sorry I did not post sooner....just made a small post for for transition, will work conversation as posts continue

Was not sure if you wanted damage for the 2 arrows that hit that you already wrote about, but I rolled if you want 5 and 4 to two separate targets

Perception roll for silver in sky: 14+4=18

Markas will wait for the boy to be lowered from the horse and will apply First aid to the boy to examine and treat/stabilize him: Heal roll: 15+9=24

Once the boy is stable he will make sure there is no immediate threat to them or the boy and if able will make ranged attacks against the closest dread he has line of sight on:

Rolls if needed (I did 2 cause I have no idea what all can be done in one round of a PbP):

• Hit: 12+6=18, Damage: 7
  • Hit: 10+6=16, Damage: 4

Let me know what I need to do, undo or what not :)  

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, Terinatum said:

I would like to get the next round underway starting on Tuesday.

So those who have not posted yet, you have a few days still.

Thanks. Hope your weekend isn't rainy like mine!

Cheers!

FYI note for @Gainsdalf the Whey @Laghail - not sure how often you are able to check this thread.

Daily, no worries. 

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

I'll get it at lunch today. Thanks!

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Hey guys, sorry for the quick flip flop, but I'm going to have to drop out. I just got a new job and things are going to be crazy for awhile, won't have time to be doing these posts.

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Sorry to see you go Gains.

Tvar is trying diplomacy to forestall violence until he, the gnome, and the puma can flee; or to give him a chance to cheapshot bullrush a dread into the vines. Combat rolls below and, yes, the dice liked me. Roll log pasted in because three 19's in six rolls needs bragging.

Rolls from the post: 

Diplomacy roll 23 = 19 + 8

Perception roll 17= 9 + 8

Handle Animal 23= 19 + 8

Potential Combat rolls:

Combat roll 1: 13 = 8 (roll) + 3 (agility) + 2 (BAB)

Combat roll 2: 24 (crit) = 19 (roll, crit w falchion) + 3 (agility) + 2 (BAB)

Combat roll 3: 18 = 13 (roll) + 3 (agility) + 2 (BAB)

Roll log in reverse order:

Rolling 1d20
( 13 ) = 13

Rolling 1d20
( 19 ) = 19

Rolling 1d20
( 8 ) = 8

Rolling 1d20
( 19 ) = 19

Rolling 1d20
( 9 ) = 9

Rolling 1d20
( 19 ) = 19

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

10 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Hey guys, sorry for the quick flip flop, but I'm going to have to drop out. I just got a new job and things are going to be crazy for awhile, won't have time to be doing these posts.

You will be missed, but congratulations on the new job!

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 7/5/2017 at 0:22 PM, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

No worries, Gains. Congrats on the new job. I'm gonna write that you grab Bacon and head off to find Oramac and Flo and Varren.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Map 3

Tvar –
•    I rolled against your wisdom and Tvar would not go through with Diplomacy once he starts out onto the field. (Diplomacy is generally ineffective in combat and against creatures that intend to harm you or your allies in the immediate future) The dreads have already attacked and killed people.
•    Execute bullrush on a dread to get him into the vines – successfully done (there are two other dreads in the vines – one looks dead and the other is fighting the vines uselessly).
•    Puma will stop at the end of this round, but kills two dreads as she would not be able to stay out of battle at this point. She takes 1 point of damage. 
•    You can turn and head to the last dread that is chasing the fleeing people but the attack will come next round.

Quavyn – 
•    Perception roll for Bacon is unclear, but as Bronan comes to get him, you are certain they are the ones that left the city that night.
•    You sense a great power literally repelling evil from within the city, but cannot tell exactly where it’s coming from.
•    The motive of the Puma is of good intent (more than the neutral you might expect), although the puma lets Bronan take Bacon.
•    There is panic in most of the ‘regular’ citizens taking cover in the trees, but you notice at least 2 women and 1 man start to take charge of the groups and lead them further into the forest. One of the women will spot you and look askance at you to see if you want to come with them.
•    The other motives are pure chaotic evil and quite overwhelming.
•    You can hide easily once the woman gets her answer from you and stops looking your way.

Henry –
•    The boy becomes stable after Markas’ attention (-2hp) and is no longer bleeding
•    Albus rears up when a dread wanders into the area (dread does 2 hp of damage to Albus and Albus connects with one hoof and 1 bite (dread is quite wounded)
•    Albus will have initiative on the next dread coming in your direction for the next round (you can reroll or use the ones you have left)
•    While looking for a weapon, you realize that the building that the boy is up against is completely unmarred by the battle. You find no weapon that won’t disintegrate on contact.
•    As you are looking at the building, you back into the door that is opening, startling you. The door is being pushed toward you as you get yourself oriented. The door separates you and the doorway so you cannot see in the building or behind the door at the moment.
•    What do you do?

Markas –
•    You are certain you have stabilized the boy.
•    You see the light as it intensifies and know that someone has pissed off a goddess! You were once told about this type of entrance by an avatar and this moment does not disappoint.
•    Roll for surprise - The door next to the boy opens suddenly and a woman steps out, trying to shove the door open more, but cannot (read Henry’s section).
•    What is your response to the above?

I am going to post first, then you may post these results.

Please put your next intentions in this thread and we'll go to the next round.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Quavyn is going to watch for opportunities to sneak attack dreads by throwing daggers, but only if he thinks he can do it without being observed/detected.  While he watches, he is also trying to sense what is behind the power radiating from the city.

Perception 14 (3+11)

Stealth 22 (10+12)

Attack 1: 3 (2+1) Damage 5 (1 + 4 sneak attack)

Attack 2: 7 (6+1) Damage 13 (2 + 11 sneak attack)

Attack 3: 16 (15+1) Damage 4 (1 + 3 sneak attack

OK, well it looks like he isn't going to be doing much in the fighting this round.  Maybe his daggers would be better put to use juggling :eyeroll:

Any other rolls I need to make?

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Been busy sorry to wait so long.

Roll for surprise: 14 (no clue if there are bonuses for surprise)

Markas will try to identify what this entrance means ans try to remember what he was told in the passed of it: Roll for Knowledge: Religion: 14=9+5

Markas will then try to determine the woman motive: Sense Motive: 12=9+3

If at anytime there is an immediate threat that comes at the boy Markas will try to nock and fire at them - not sure what you would need for that.

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Henry will fight with his fists then, protecting the boy and Albus if he can.

He will look quick to see if the person coming out of the door is a threat or not. If its not a threat he will focus on protecting the boy.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Okay, just waiting on @Laghail

Everyone:

This next round will actually be fast-forwarded as the thread-dropping is going to supersede everything else shortly. Once the dead rise, I will bring the story decisions back to you. I want to move to getting you all together and starting your journey.

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

12 hours ago, Terinatum said:

Okay, just waiting on @Laghail

Everyone:

This next round will actually be fast-forwarded as the thread-dropping is going to supersede everything else shortly. Once the dead rise, I will bring the story decisions back to you. I want to move to getting you all together and starting your journey.

Initiative 13 (10+3)

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

Back from holiday but sad to see Gains leave. His particular brand of humor will be missed.

I'm back from the trip and resigned from work, so I've had time to catch up. New job should start on Monday, not sure what I'll run into there but I'll return with feedback regarding my availability to keep up with the game. Cheers everyone!

• Like 3

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Okay, fast-forward post is up. Take a gander.

I'll be posting a detail-post here shortly.

Then you can write up your post in the Journey thread, starting from anywhere within my post to the end of whatever I write in the detail-post. Make sense? No? Perfect! haha

More soon!

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Back from holiday but sad to see Gains leave. His particular brand of humor will be missed.

I'm back from the trip and resigned from work, so I've had time to catch up. New job should start on Monday, not sure what I'll run into there but I'll return with feedback regarding my availability to keep up with the game. Cheers everyone!

Great. I have a plan to regroup you with these folks so just let me know what you want to do. Gains leaving really sucks, maybe that'll change down the road, not sure.

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Okay,

The 3 young women in the hut who you have not read about yet are actively praying over the hole in the ground. There is a dead body laid out on the table in the far right corner. It is covered with linen and has religious symbols sprinkled on it made of ash. The rest of the layout is on the map.

The old woman will gesture to help yourselves to what you might need on the table. You will see a few bundles of dried meat and cheese for traveling (1 bag of each for each if you wish) that would likely last 3 days (although Tvar may eat more being a half-orc and the puma would not eat anything they might have). You are no longer in battle so you can write up what you like without worry of time.

Markas - you have Connor and she will show you the table to rest him on. There can be blankets or cloths there if you want to arrange him or work on stabilizing him more. Not sure of your intent and abilities. The prayers are in the same language that the woman spoke, but it is clearly of a religious bent. Roll what you can and want to decipher any words or clerical actions being taken.

Quavyn - the boy, Zayzo, sticks close to you. He offers to help as he can (with above provisions or cleaning your clothes). If you enter the hut, you will know that the magic the women are doing is clearly clerical and any other info you may roll for.

Tvar - if you go in the hut, you need to roll vs. fortitude with a +3. If you invite the puma in, she will attempt but will exit quickly once she senses what is happening. You may write that up however you like. Also the puma will react to the presence of the horse or to the reaction the horse has to the puma.

Henry - no dreads are nearby. In fact the last ones you saw were the two stumbling back in. The battle sounds have faded in regards to distance, but not intensity. The building is suitable and if you and Albus wish, there is room for both of you should you need it. Albus will have some type of reaction to the puma. Your choice. You have the option to enter the hut at any time.

Hut.jpg

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Quick question. Would we have witnessed the people being brought back to life?

If so Henry would probably ensure the boy us fine then try to go find the boys father.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)