Forums are back in action! ×

Quick Hello thread!

tumblr_mkyinmLOiu1rozgr2o1_400.gif

Hey all, its good to be here and join a community of ambitious people who are passionate about improving daily and getting more awesome. I am into self-improvement, I enjoy setting and achieving goals, and I love the feeling of taking a moment and of being proud of where I've come from and have achieved as well as experience a sense of excitement about the future. I do get very lazy and unmotivated at times and would enjoy having some people to stay accountable with.

Some background info on me: I live near Boston, I work in pharmacy, and I want to play guitar in a band. I want to learn/try swim, crossfit, yoga, mediation, pilates, martial arts, surf, and box. Lot of material for future challenges haha

I know I'm probably forgetting some things but I am going to look around the forum a bit to get ideas on where to start. Thanks for reading.

-Jason

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

"Spring comes, the grass grows by itself" ~Zen proverb

Hey, nice to meet you, Glass!

Looking forward to seeing you progress and sending you my support. :)

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Hey, I'm living near Boston too. I'm really into martial arts and luckily there are tons of options in MA. Any particular ones you want to try?

Level 3 Half-Elf Monk 

Past Challenges: artemisia enters the arena with the Wild Huntartemisia's new stomping ground rode in  The Wild Hunt Rides Againartemisia used respawn with Misc. Being.

STR: 2; DEX: 3; STA: 5; CON: 7; WIS: 7; CHA: 2

"Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can." --Terry Pratchett

Hey, I'm living near Boston too. I'm really into martial arts and luckily there are tons of options in MA. Any particular ones you want to try?

Umm. all of them haha. I heard BJJ was good, but I don't really know the difference between Taekwon do, karate, akiido, boxing. Which do you practice? I moved to Cape Cod but I still think of myself as from Boston haha.

Welcome! I love how many new things you want to try. I'm in the same boat, there's boxing, yoga, swimming, bouldering...so many cool things our bodies can accomplish (once they figure out how)!

There is literally a list I have in a document it might take a year or a few to try them all lmao

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

"Spring comes, the grass grows by itself" ~Zen proverb