Forums are back in action! ×

What song can you absolutely NOT STAND TO HEAR?

i hate that song because when i was 15 my guitar teacher told me i had to learn the fucking solo. that solo goes on forever and is largely just improv scales and repeating triplets (ie boring as fuck) so i never really practiced it. cue half a dozen weeks of classes ONLY listening to and playing along with that song :(

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

There are several for me but one of the big ones lately is that song where the guy asks his girlfriend's dad for her hand in marriage and he says no, then the singer goes on the whine about how he's rude and bla bla bla.  What a wussy, self absorbed song.

LOL "Rude" by Magic.

I actually like this song. It's funny to me, personally, because, well.... that song nearly exactly describes what happened in MY life. And yeah, it was just my dad being a total asshole, so... that song actually is amusing to me. Cuz it happens. True story.

Personally, I cannot STAND this stupid-ass song they keep playing. I don't even know the name and I don't care to google it for fear some adbot sees it and bookmarks it on my 'interests'. It's yadda yadda "LET THE WORDS FALL OUT..." and it sickens me. I swear to God, STOP. It isn't singing it's just yelling on a steady note. ARG!

Also, whatever that other STUPID song is, "say something or I'm giving up on you." It isn't catchy, it isn't well-thought out, it doesn't even have decent half-baked lyrics, it's just stupid and they play it constantly.

Seriously. This is why I just tune in to the Classic Rock station. But then, if "Hotel California" or "Magic Man" pops up, I must immediately switch the station. I hate California... with a passion that borders on Biblical proportions. And I hate the 60's stoned wailing in Magic Man.

Oh. And, unfortunately, "Dream of You" by Aerosmith is seriously going to be on my shit list forever. It's so damn bad, and it has ruined the movie Armageddon for me. The thought/idea of the song is nice, but GOD is that wailing/hawk-mating-call just ruins the entire thing. And unfortunately for me, I saw the music video, and now when I hear that song, all I can see is that man's gaping maw threatening to swallow the world. And don't get me wrong, good singer, but there are few men uglier than him. Not a good image to have in a love song. Not that it matters because it such a bad song and it always grates my nerves.

Oh, and it's also my graduating class song. Yay me.

• Like 2

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Is this it? You're welcome ;)

Definably not one of her best song.

I will get killed by the Beatles fan club, but I hate Yellow Submarine. I blame my (hippy) kindergarten teachers thinking Yellow Submarine cartoon is great thing for kids to watch. The movie scared me half to death. Also, it's just god awful song

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I own a candy store, it is a very friendly place for kids so we have some Frozen merchandise laying around. Little kids themselves are fairly harmless. They gush over the little Olaf, Anna, and the Queen, but the big ones! Whenever any teenager comes in they just start belting out 'Do you wanna build a snowman?!'

Twenty times a day!

It is the worst... the worst ever... and it makes me feel like an old person.

Goal 1: To lose 90lbs!

15%
15%

Goal 2: Cut 5 minutes out of my 5k time
0%
0%

Goal 3: Complete the Spartan 300 Plank Challenge
16%
16%

Level: 0

Race: Half Orc

Battle Log Current Challenge

Strength (STR) - 0 Dexterity (DEX) - 0 Stamina (STA) - 0 Constitution (CON) - 0 Wisdom (WIS) - 0 Charisma (CHA) - 0

I heard one on the way to work today--Dark Horse by Katy Perry. It just seems s-u-p-e-r s-l-o-w a-n-d d-r-a-g-s o-n f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I heard one on the way to work today--Dark Horse by Katy Perry. It just seems s-u-p-e-r s-l-o-w a-n-d d-r-a-g-s o-n f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

It must still be really early because I read that as Dragons Forever!

I need to sleep more.

Goal 1: To lose 90lbs!

15%
15%

Goal 2: Cut 5 minutes out of my 5k time
0%
0%

Goal 3: Complete the Spartan 300 Plank Challenge
16%
16%

Level: 0

Race: Half Orc

Battle Log Current Challenge

Strength (STR) - 0 Dexterity (DEX) - 0 Stamina (STA) - 0 Constitution (CON) - 0 Wisdom (WIS) - 0 Charisma (CHA) - 0

The thing I hate about that song... is it doesn't follow the definition of a dark horse...

1. dark horse

• n.noun
      1. One who achieves unexpected support and success as a political candidate, typically during a party's convention.

2. A little-known, unexpectedly successful entrant, as in a horserace.

So here you have Katy Perry... going after a guy. It's Katy Perry.... she's famous as all hell, she's not exactly little-known, or achieving unexpected support. Therefore... NOT a dark horse... in any manner of the word.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I will get killed by the Beatles fan club, but I hate Yellow Submarine. I blame my (hippy) kindergarten teachers thinking Yellow Submarine cartoon is great thing for kids to watch. The movie scared me half to death. Also, it's just god awful song

YES! A thousand times, YES!! There is no other song in the history of this god-forsaken rock that is capable of sending me into a psychotic rage the way that thrice-cursed song can! I want to round up every trace of it's existence and launch it into the sun!!

• Like 1

I own a candy store, it is a very friendly place for kids so we have some Frozen merchandise laying around. Little kids themselves are fairly harmless. They gush over the little Olaf, Anna, and the Queen, but the big ones! Whenever any teenager comes in they just start belting out 'Do you wanna build a snowman?!'

Twenty times a day!

It is the worst... the worst ever... and it makes me feel like an old person.

This video made me feel little better over that song about Building a Snowman

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

I think all of Katy Perry's songs are annoy, especially Roar and I Kissed A Girl

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Can we just all agree that most wedding receptions are an exercise in suffering through music that keeps being played because they're "crowd pleasers?" Whoever this crowd is, I'd like to have a word with them and why they keep dancing to songs that need to go back to the dark, dank hole from whence they came.

This is exactly why I'm two seconds away from banishing the possibility of a full-on wedding when (if) I get married -- I just can't bear the thought of a wedding DJ playing the electric slide, or the cha cha slide, or any of those horrendous aural assaults they insist on calling songs.

Oh, I don't' know; I walked my daughter down the aisle to "Sympathy For The Devil" this summer :D
  • Like 3

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Song that I can't stand:

I don't know what song I'd walk down the aisle to. Never given it much thought, because I have been single for a long time. I'm thinking it would be instrumental though. 

"Being split in two halves is no theory with me, Doctor. I have a human half, you see, as well as an alien half, submerged, constantly at war with each other. Personal experience, Doctor. I survive it because my intelligence wins out over both, makes them live together." -- S'chn T'gai Spock 

Wait there's people, who like Nickelback? Is this the twlight zone?

Yes... :-)

I agree with half of this list and disagree with the other half!

Guilty pleasures: Blurred Lines. Nickelback.

Not so guilty: Phil Collins.

What's that one with "I swim through your veins like a fish in the sea"? That song is about cheating. It is infuriating.

My not so guilty pleasure is Nickelback, I actually like them...

and here you go...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I think I might be the only person, who actually likes Sandstorm by Darude. And that Hamster song

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

I think I might be the only person, who actually likes Sandstorm by Darude. And that Hamster song

The Hamster song... possibly. Sandstorm, I can confirm you're not... the Metal Meets Sandstorm version is awesome if you haven't heard it.

My first challenge

Oh I love Phil Collins. His version of Groovy Kind of Love is my favorite. In the Air Tonight blows though.

My old boss was a huge Nickelback fan.

I didn't realize that about Follow Me.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I was born in 1983 and I am a Beatles fan. But I agree with you 100%. What a terrible song, and being forced to watch the cartoon as a kid makes me nauseous just thinking about it.