Forums are back in action! ×

I made it back to morning rolling this morning after 6 weeks away (not wanted to get injured before pl comps) and the extra technical work I did instead really showed on my guard passing.

I am still however an awful guard player, but getting the concepts behind rdlr and dlr seems to have helped retention a fair bit.

Will post about lifting when new programming picks up properly.  A coach is currently pinpointing causes of form breakdown (fatigue? volume? not high enough intensity?)

"Gentle means tired."

Battle Log / Youtube Channel / (lol am an..) Athlete Page

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

So relearning squat with a fat boy stance because my femurs need to so some where low bar.  Accompanied by finally finding a competition bench to train on so I can have consistency again instead of bench roulette at comps.

Note:  I look very much back in the 57s now.

• Like 2

"Gentle means tired."

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

What did you say to that guy who photobombed your last DL set?  I was having trouble reading lips.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

On 14/10/2016 at 6:30 PM, Sam Ashen said:

What did you say to that guy who photobombed your last DL set?  I was having trouble reading lips.

I don't think I can say on this forum.  But there was stuff said to the bench spotter too which cannot be repeated.

"Gentle means tired."

Not been consistent with those training compilations as I've been running out of space on my phone and having to bump the videos off the the coaches as soon as I have them.

I did however go silver, gold, silver at a bjj comp this weekend.

Silver in my weight division in no gi.  I was fighting up a weight class and the girl in the final gets 72kg to 64kg then back up in time for her figths.  She was tuff but I stood my ground and chained my passes.  Stepped over too soon on a good over under position allowing her to regard and work for her triangle.  I should have switched hip and used it to walk her legs together first.  But when people are good it's these small mistakes that changed everything.

Gold in my weight division in gi, they were really aggressive and scrappy, I like my patience and pressure passes.  Got kneed in the face 5 seconds into the final but has secured a good passing position so kept my head down and went for it.  Finished on a loop choke because she decided to be a turtle.  There was a bit of drama on this one with her coach kicking off saying it wasn't fair because I'm a judo black belt.

I'm in blue where I'm supposed to be, and wear a white belt till awarded my blue as per the rules.

Silver in gi absolute.  These girls were big, imagine weighing in as the lightest adult and getting to a final vs the heaviest adult and she's twice your body weight.  Lost 6-4, could't finish the omo plata but stopped her getting hooks on back takes and kept mobile in guard.  Racked up a few advantages for things, I don't know because I don't know how advantages work.   I was actually pretty proud of this fight because it showed I had guard skills instead of my usual top pressure and that I was making typical judoka mistakes.

pictures of me getting whacked in the face will become available at some point. 

• Like 1

"Gentle means tired."

Having dem anxiety issues again, I need to forced myself to morning sparring tomorrow, if I am waking up on time I have no excuse.

The guys at the gym are helping, they're talking to me and including me but not too much.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMB6HDkhDfjAzkH3gDYJyn75V-K5_a86DnmReo0/

Have some derp lifts though.

"Gentle means tired."

Two for the price of one.

Some nice SLDLs from Saturday with "tanky flat" bench

I'm getting a deload week this week, but that means low volume and high intensity.

Don't ask what I was thinking on that 145 dl though, it was just awful.

"Gentle means tired."

Yes and i love hands on hips guy in the back right

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

On 17/11/2016 at 10:36 AM, wildross said:

Yes and i love hands on hips guy in the back right

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The coaches are enjoying my backing cast members as much as you guys, especially "mirin OAP" from the body building gym.

The end of this week was a bit brutal because I was low on sleed, D3 & D4 had less then 12 hour between them as I'm out of the country and the weekend so needed to smash training in.

"Gentle means tired."