Forums are back in action! ×

Here I am, bow shoating.

GcYEZBi.jpg

If I hadn't have set out to try and chase Anna from the start and been a bit more sensible I might have eeked out that little bit more on total.  But we have to learn that lesson at some point and mine was this week.

Still, 3rd at an IPF international is 3rd at an IPF international.

• Like 2

"Gentle means tired."

Battle Log / Youtube Channel / (lol am an..) Athlete Page

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

So seriously, did any expect Magdolna to have that performance in the deads to take home the title? 

Nope, she's 50 and hasn't done that well at the masters the past couple of years.  Even my coaches thought she'd not be up to much.

We expected me to struggle on deadlift and to be vying for position on the podium but it ended up being just securing bronze with what I could as I was wrecked.

"Gentle means tired."

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

So 2 questions from the noob thinking about competing soon. Why did the 2nd squat get no repped or the 3rd get one red? Both seemed solid to me. Also, what were you telling the guys before your bench?

Refs said depth on the squats, appeals went to the jury.

I was telling the spotters how I wanted my hand out.

• Like 1

"Gentle means tired."

Refs said depth on the squats, appeals went to the jury.

And the jury is out?  It is hard to tell from the camera angle, but how many millimeters are you from which side of parallel?  I know nothing about power-lifting, so this is all new to me.  Do the rules say the top of the knee has to be higher than the crease of the hip?  Did they misjudge the thickness of the knee wrap?

As well as I can tell, you got the same depth on the second and third attempt - but I don't have an eye for this.

(I am also having a "heated" discussion about physics and squat depth and am starting to look like an idiot on another thread.)  <:-P

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

And the jury is out?  It is hard to tell from the camera angle, but how many millimeters are you from which side of parallel?  I know nothing about power-lifting, so this is all new to me.  Do the rules say the top of the knee has to be higher than the crease of the hip?  Did they misjudge the thickness of the knee wrap?

As well as I can tell, you got the same depth on the second and third attempt - but I don't have an eye for this.

(I am also having a "heated" discussion about physics and squat depth and am starting to look like an idiot on another thread.)  <:-P

Second looked a lot deeper to me.  Judgements are made instantly so anything could happen in that second.

Saturday:

Deadlift warm up: 60x5, 90x5, 110x4

Sumo Deadlift (suit bottoms): 130x1, 150x3x1, 160x2x1, 170x2x1 - playing with hand position and working on lock out and floppy knees

Deadlift (Equipped): 130x1, 150x1, 160x1

Deadlift: 120x5x3

Deficit Deadlift: 90x3x5

Shoulder Press: 15x5, 25x12, 30x8, 33x5, 35x3, 25x10

Jerk: 35x5, 40x3, 43x3, 45x5x3

Assistance: Plank & Renegade Rows

"Gentle means tired."

Tuesday:

Squat Warm Up: 20x2x5, 60x5, 80x5, 100x3
Equipped Squats: 120x3, 135x1, 150x1, 160x1, 170x1
Squat: 100x3x5
Bench Press: 20x5, 40x5, 60x3, 70x3, 75x3, 65x3x5
Assistance: DB Row & Overhead Lunges

The aim over the next couple of weeks is just to relearn the suits and shirt.  I highly doubt I'm going to hit major PBs at the British equipped, just as long as I can hit some at the Euros in may.

"Gentle means tired."

Do you think squatting heavier in briefs or a suit has more carry over to deadlifting than squatting lighter raw? I'm building up some momentum in my training and have my eyes on Metal's new single ply briefs once I tackle 4 plates. They would really be for variation and overload since I don't have any plans to compete in gear outside of the random squat event in a contest. Do you think they are worth the investment as a training aid if not competing in geared powerlifting?

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Do you think squatting heavier in briefs or a suit has more carry over to deadlifting than squatting lighter raw? I'm building up some momentum in my training and have my eyes on Metal's new single ply briefs once I tackle 4 plates. They would really be for variation and overload since I don't have any plans to compete in gear outside of the random squat event in a contest. Do you think they are worth the investment as a training aid if not competing in geared powerlifting?

Deadlifting has carry over to deadlifting. You'd get carry over on your lockout in briefs but they help a lot off the floor. If below the knee is your weak you'll need to try something else to build that.

Squatting in briefs or suit bottoms will have carry over on squat, I found I got stronger out the rack raw from equipped lifting. Out the rack could make or break a squat for me so it has to be good.

"Gentle means tired."

Tuesday:

Paused Deadlift: 60x5, 75x5, 80x2x5, 75x5
Sumo Deadlift: 60x5, 80x5, 100x5, 105x3x5
Clean & Jerk: 15x10, 35x3, 45x3, 50x5x3
Paused Front Squat: 60x5x5
Bench Warm Up: 20x10, 40x3, 60x3
Bench Shirt Breaking In: 80x3, 100x2 (3 board and 2 board), 110x1 (2 board), 110x1 (1 board), 120x1 (1 board), 120 (no touch), 130xF (touched but went off line at least I can support it in a locked out position)
Assistance: inverted row, pull-up, plank

Sumo derperlofts for bowshoating and showing to the GB coach.

"Gentle means tired."