Forums are back in action! ×

So I stumbled onto this website through "A Beginner's Guide to Getting Bigger," and it's almost as if that article was written specifically for me.  I've always been a skinny guy, and it was compounded when I got diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago (all good now :D) and lost even more weight, something I didn't think was even possible.  I'm a 22 year old 5'10 130 pound guy (I've done a decent job of increasing my weight to this point. I dropped to 106 when I was sick, and this is as much as I've ever weighed), and after a lot of thought, I've decided I want to take control of my health and get bigger and stronger.

With the help of the article I mentioned before, as well as a few others, I've decided to focus on eating more and starting a routine of fully body strength exercises.  Lately, I've been lucky to consume 2500 calories a day.  My goal right now is to just exceed by as much as I can stand without being too miserable.  As for the routine itself, I plan to start off doing two days a week and go from there. Hopefully this will get me started in the right direction.

I'm a bit nervous about starting this. I'm the guy that's never been in a weight room for any purpose other than to clean it (I actually work at a local gym right now).  Part of me is nervous because I'll be the 22 year old benching the bar while the 16 year old kid is squatting 400 pounds, but I've committed to this lifestyle change and I'm not looking back.

That's my story. Just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself to what seems like a wonderful community. If you guys have any tips for me, I'm all ears!

Welcome to the community! I understand that nervous feeling about the gym, but with dedication and determination, you'll rock it out!

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

That's awesome!  Friends inspire and keep us accountable.  I need to have some friends to help me out with lifting too.  Doing a ton of bodyweight strength stuff (I'm cheap with no dumbbells) which is great but to feel stronger lifting seems to be where it's at :nevreness:

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans