Forums are back in action! ×

Frell me dead.

I have just started working out regularly as a manner to fight the depression that I have been going through as a result of losing my decently paying job. Through the insurance provided by my employer (for whom I had been working mostly as a way to have insurance and pay the bills, but worked hard I did), I had been seeing a psychotherapist and had started taking an anti-depressant and a stimulant (to combat whatever role my ADHD had been playing in my depression).

In addition to the medical approach, I was also starting to use physical activity to ease my woes. My father had depression when I was growing up, and he says that his constant bike riding and hockey playing are what keeps him sane. I had started a six-week, twelve-class sword fighting program, which started getting me active, and I have just joined a gym so that I could supplement the activity during the week. And I was getting so much better. (This has all been laid out in my introduction post from just over a week ago).

Yesterday, I had my second appointment with my psychiatrist, and had gotten my second month's supply of medication, and I got the boot. The line they gave me was something along the lines of 'We appreciate all the hard work you've put in, we really like you, but—the company is going through a rough patch, and we're worried that when you start graduate school you won't be able to put in the overtime that your seat requires.'

Ugh

Luckily, I was insured when I saw the doc and got my drugs ($45 vs $400), and that I have been winding down appointments with my therapist (the last one was this week, and the next one isn't until mid-January).

But now I'm finding it difficult not to just sit at home and play Minecraft all day. I'm going to try to get my stuff together to go to the gym after I post this, but I think I could use some frelling encouragement right now.

Level 5 Monk (Broadsword Focus), Level 1 Assassin

Battle Log | Fitness Tumblr

Challenges: Currens | Octavus | Septimum | Sextum | Quintum | Quartum | TertiumSecundum | Primum

YES to raised sanity levels through moving around and doing stuff. Every time. Not saying its the cure to everything. You sound like you have a lot to deal with. But it can only help. Even if not a gym. Walking/biking/climbing/swimming... all good. Try one new thing a week? Make a battle log and keep us updated! Accountability=motivation!

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

That frigging sucks.  And it really sucks that employers make their employees lie through their teeth to avoid crap like this.

Good luck - this is a personal rough patch, but you'll come out stronger for it.

You had a really good revelation about needing tons of movement/exercise in order to stay healthy and happy, and though it SUCKS about your job, it will be just a blip in your journey if you keep moving- which it sounds like you are motivated to do!

Hang in there, nurture yourself in healthy ways, know you've got folks rooting for you!

Oh my gosh I can relate except I've been playing more Skyrim than Minecraft. If you want a Minecraft buddy, I'm here until one or both of us gets back to our stuff.  :black_eyed:

Race -- GREY ELF | Class -- Assassin

[ Level 2 ] | STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 4 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

NF Challenges: currently n/a

Battle Logs: WoMD

|"Don't tell me the moon is shining: show me the glint of light on broken glass." - Anton Chekhov|