Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, New guy here

Hi

My name is Heimir I am 35 year old and I live in Iceland

My story is that from an early age I was always a bit on the heavier side. Not really what I would call "to big" until I hit my twenties thats when I really started to gain weight at an alarming rate and by the time I was 25 I was 225 pounds. just before my 26th birthday me and my girlfriend had out first child (Alexander) and it was at that point that I decided that enough was enough. I joined a gym , and in 12 months I managed to drop 55 pounds. I kept that weight off for 5 years. In 2010 I went back to school and I have been gaining the weight back ever since. I am currently 230 pounds and I feel like crap. I do almost no exercising, most of the day is spent in front of the computer working on my final project.

I feel like I am back were started 9 years ago, I guess in a sense I am. I have a 12 week old baby daughter, I'm overweight and I get a real bad sinking feeling in my stomach every time I catch my reflection in a mirror. Only this time it's harder to get going, my back is messed up and I have a metal plate and 5 pins in my right ankle after breaking it while WALKING BACKWARDS and falling on it lol (Sad I know). But when I look at my daughter I feel like for the first time in years I have the strength to do it all over again.

I don't know exactly what Nerd Fitness is but what I have seen and read so far has definitely caught my interest and I am excited to get going (Scared but excited). I hope that I will be able to give as much as I will surely receive from this community.

Heimir Sigurðsson

Welcome to the community!  I'm sure you'll find the support you'll need here for your journey, especially for your daughter! 

And yes, your name is very Viking.  That's an awesome warrior name :victorious:

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans