Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

I'm making my own challenge- I will post a body shot here before the end of the month. Have to build up some courage first. And then hope Google doesn't make me cry.

Or laugh

• Like 2

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I already did a face one- where I thought I looked kinda cute- opposite sex with dreads (which can totally look cute/awesome)....but compared to a pic where I didn't have dreads. 

at least you got a human! I got rolls of bandages! LOL! 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Oh man, this thread is the best. 

I was never actually overweight. I just thought I was. All my friends the people I hung out with in school were the stick thin girls who could eat like elephants and their shape never changed. I even found a letter written by myself to myself stating that I though 65kgs was *gasp!* too much! That's exactly what I weight now but I'm so much happier that I am this shape, knowing what I could have done to myself if I hadn't found Nerd Fitness and made myself a much healthier person now then I otherwise would have been. I still don't have any muscles, but there's plenty of time this year for that. xD I must say, all you girls with any sort of definition - I am in admiration of you all. o.O

Here's my body image doo-daah, for the record. Well, an older photo of me. I'm pretty much the same shape, shorter hair. xD

jejQ3g0.jpg

Typed in "size 12 australian model" in the googler because that's what size clothes I used to wear in high school (really low self esteem) and the first pic is pretty much what I thought I looked like. Second pic is more like what I think now. I dunno. xD As soon as I look for models "my size" - according to the size clothes I wear - they all have actual stomach definition and I'm jealous.

article-2715118-203BCE7900000578-403_634

nope.

tumblr_lba8mpspRy1qcl5svo1_r1_400.png

boobs are about the right size...

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Oh man, this thread is the best. 

I was never actually overweight. I just thought I was. All my friends the people I hung out with in school were the stick thin girls who could eat like elephants and their shape never changed. I even found a letter written by myself to myself stating that I though 65kgs was *gasp!* too much! That's exactly what I weight now but I'm so much happier that I am this shape, knowing what I could have done to myself if I hadn't found Nerd Fitness and made myself a much healthier person now then I otherwise would have been. I still don't have any muscles, but there's plenty of time this year for that. xD I must say, all you girls with any sort of definition - I am in admiration of you all. o.O

Here's my body image doo-daah, for the record. Well, an older photo of me. I'm pretty much the same shape, shorter hair. xD

jejQ3g0.jpg

Typed in "size 12 australian model" in the googler because that's what size clothes I used to wear in high school (really low self esteem) and the first pic is pretty much what I thought I looked like. Second pic is more like what I think now. I dunno. xD As soon as I look for models "my size" - according to the size clothes I wear - they all have actual stomach definition and I'm jealous.

article-2715118-203BCE7900000578-403_634

nope.

tumblr_lba8mpspRy1qcl5svo1_r1_400.png

boobs are about the right size...

I think you do look a lot like to model below but have a little extra in the boobage area than she does. (You're wearing a sports bra and the ladies are squished while she's wearing an underwire)

• Like 2

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I think you do look a lot like to model below but have a little extra in the boobage area than she does. (You're wearing a sports bra and the ladies are squished while she's wearing an underwire)

agreed. and if it makes you feel better, the second model has a nicer body too :) 

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Well I think I'm doing pretty well with my body image. I think I know what I look like and I'm pretty happy with it. My body is not perfect but hey who's is. It's a work in progress and probably always will be. I'm happy with the majority of it, the worst part of course is the squiggly stretched out belly left after 2 pregnancies but I refuse to be ashamed of them, In fact I like to think that I'm helping to normalize different womens bodies by wearing my bikini out and about. I remember last summer when we went to my kids friends pool party. It was a boiling hot day and all the kids were frolicking in the pool whilst all the mums and dads sweltered in the heat. I'd thrown on a bikini under my clothes (easier to wear a bikini under clothes than a one piece of tankini) so I decided that I'd jump in the pool too. I was standing around with a towel just around my hips after I got out and one of the boys at the party came up and asked me why my tummy was so wrinkly. I could see his mum just cringe but to tell the truth it didn't bother me. I just answered that when J was growing inside me all my skin had to stretch out and it never went fully back to normal. He was happy with that and so was I. Hopefully that's one more boy in the world who knows that not all women look like the photos in magazines.

But anyway the photos.- excuse the fuzziness.

6b2f638f-3a4e-4375-9a35-60d9b7ecd32e_zps

as for something to compare it to I'd say

KNXV_Jennie_Runk_Plus_Size_HampM_Model_2

• Like 6

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

after I got out and one of the boys at the party came up and asked me why my tummy was so wrinkly. I could see his mum just cringe but to tell the truth it didn't bother me. I just answered that when J was growing inside me all my skin had to stretch out and it never went fully back to normal.

Love this. Our bodies arent plastic afterall. Good on you for being comfortable and confident!

• Like 2

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

After lurking around days, finally worked up the guts to post something.

I've always had really bad body image issues since I was bullied about it in high school (now looking back, I was actually in the best shape possible at that time).

People don't help either, I've had countless people pass snarky comments about my weight (they still do). Its as if nothing else I am or have achieved matters if I'm not pretty enough to top it all off. Even though the main reason why I put on weight in the last couple of years was because I was slogging through a very tough grad school program. There are always jokes and assumptions about how I eat too much (I have a very tiny appetite, eat healthier and work out more than almost everyone else I know).

I do have days where I think I look good, until I see a picture of myself that shows me a lot heavier than I thought I was. As a result, I honestly have no idea how I really look anymore. The closest I can think of is Kim Kardashian maybe (?) with a few extra lumpy bits here and there.

IMG 20150103 00105

IMG 20150103 00106

In order to not end on such a gloomy note, here's something about my body that I am proud of, thanks to the previous challenge.

IMG 20150103 00104

I find it helps to think of what all my body can DO rather than what it looks like. And that gets better day by day :)

• Like 2

Level 1 Respawned Rebel

Current Challenge 1: Quarkle has to clean up (19th March - 15th April 2018)

"Trouble? I call it sport"

This challenge really speaks to me and has exposed the depth of my body image issues. The very idea of taking and posting a picture of myself is terrifying, but add to that -- what if I choose a look-alike picture that's even smaller than I really am? What if I'm actually bigger than my brain thinks I am? Horrifying. What supportive thing could people possibly say? *Crickets* Just thinking about it is making my heart beat faster. I'm so impressed with all of you who took the plunge.

This may be a long-term challenge for me with greater impact than just a brief feel-good boost from on-thread support. If I can do this, I might start to go about my day differently.

1) Allow a picture to be taken of me, and not just any picture, which is bad enough, but one wearing few enough clothes that you can see my shape clearly.

2) Find an accurate look-alike online, without dismissing photos because they look too good and I couldn't possibly look like that or because they don't look good enough and I don't want to admit it to myself.

3) Post it all here, and take a zen approach to the results. This is what I look like and I need to come to terms with that.

• Like 6

Level 2 -- Druid

STR 1 | STA 2 | DEX 3 | CON 4 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Main Quest: Lose 70 lbs in 2015. 15 down, 55 to go.

Challenge 2 (Druid)

Challenge 1 (Recruit)

This challenge really speaks to me and has exposed the depth of my body image issues. The very idea of taking and posting a picture of myself is terrifying, but add to that -- what if I choose a look-alike picture that's even smaller than I really am? What if I'm actually bigger than my brain thinks I am? Horrifying. What supportive thing could people possibly say? *Crickets* Just thinking about it is making my heart beat faster. I'm so impressed with all of you who took the plunge.

This may be a long-term challenge for me with greater impact than just a brief feel-good boost from on-thread support. If I can do this, I might start to go about my day differently.

1) Allow a picture to be taken of me, and not just any picture, which is bad enough, but one wearing few enough clothes that you can see my shape clearly.

2) Find an accurate look-alike online, without dismissing photos because they look too good and I couldn't possibly look like that or because they don't look good enough and I don't want to admit it to myself.

3) Post it all here, and take a zen approach to the results. This is what I look like and I need to come to terms with that.

It's actually a little liberating, I sat there and stared at my computer for a while before hitting "Post" and it felt kind of weird to do (I don't have many pictures online), but afterwards it was like that feeling you get when you put your hands behind your head, kick your feet up on the desk and close your eyes... even the video I put up wasn't as bad because I had clothes on there... :-)

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Insanity, thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure it does feel like that -- just letting go. Sounds nice.

And I have to say that having read hundreds of threads over the last few days, if there's a safe place to do this, NF is that place.

• Like 2

Level 2 -- Druid

STR 1 | STA 2 | DEX 3 | CON 4 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Main Quest: Lose 70 lbs in 2015. 15 down, 55 to go.

Challenge 2 (Druid)

Challenge 1 (Recruit)

I totally understand all this. Posting pictures of my body here has been a constant several year long process. When I first came here (2 years ago) I wouldn't even wear shorts outside my house, and wouldn't post pictures, or look in full length mirrors...having threads like this, and support from the awesome people here, has given me the strength to do those things, otherwise I NEVER would have. Take your time and get comfortable with you, we are here to help and support you along the way :wub: 

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I was nervous to post picture of me with little clothes. I think it was good idea I did it. Push me out of my comfort zone

• Like 3

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram