Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

I hear this so much.  Like, I'm still so resistant to the fact that anyone would want to see me naked that I'm like, nah....let's just not, k?  Which is crazy, because that does not compute logically.  As in, if someone is coming onto you, clearly they find themselves attracted to you.  We need to start a stop avoiding sexy times club.  We could make t-shirts, but that would rather defeat the purpose, no?

I'm pretty sure no-one wants to see me naked, and I've been married for 12 years and have three kids. Though my wife is just as down on her own body, and I LOVE seeing her naked, so... go figure.

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I'm pretty sure no-one wants to see me naked, and I've been married for 12 years and have three kids. Though my wife is just as down on her own body, and I LOVE seeing her naked, so... go figure.

Yep, boyfriend is always down about his body, and I'm like, "How can I see you naked more often?  But sneakily, so that you can't see ME naked."  I'm willing to bet your wife would rather you be naked, too.  :)  Relationships are weird.  And complicated.

• Like 1

Castiel.... ummm.... excuse me a moment while I wipe some drool here. .... you are super cute!

Also I wrote this thing a long time ago

https://alienjenn.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/blubber/

The update would be that he's note 14 and BARELY 100# on a good day. ... that he's eaten well. ... he also now eats an average on 5k calories a day (closer to 8-9k on a high activity day. .... it's not uncommon for him to eat an entire gallon of ice cream AFTER a complete dinner after we get home from a week of hiking)

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I hear this so much. Like, I'm still so resistant to the fact that anyone would want to see me naked that I'm like, nah....let's just not, k? Which is crazy, because that does not compute logically. As in, if someone is coming onto you, clearly they find themselves attracted to you. We need to start a stop avoiding sexy times club. We could make t-shirts, but that would rather defeat the purpose, no?

SO MUCH THIS!!!!

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I'm pretty sure you are dead wrong

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

And so today I had to buy new jeans (bc they got a hole next to the crotch...thigh rub :( ) and I don't own a full length mirror (by choice) and so buying clothes is the only time I really see my full body, and how it looks is very not okay with me, but I have to see the positive

1. I AM losing weight

2. I AM NOT wearing the biggest size they sell at Old Navy

3. I AM still awesome no matter what my body looks like.

• Like 12

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I have a photo of me now, but I really cannot seem to find a plus size model that I feel has a similar body type to mine. Maybe one has come close.

So, here's me, sans head, weighing in at about 183 lbs: 

10435481_10203717936097134_1758752330709

Sorry that this is so big. Adding photos and youtube videos to comments continues to elude me (and if someone could teach me how to do these things, that would be awesome.)

But, here's the model I feel kinda matches my body type (minus the stomach)::

178.jpg

I absolutely loved the concept and idea of this thread when I came across it. I've been constantly told that I'm overweight (even when I was at 135 lbs., by my doctor at the time, no less), so, for me to be at the size I am now, and being with someone who tells me they love me for me and loves how I look, I have the hardest time believing him. Trying to learn to love myself the way I am now has been and continues to be one of the hardest things I'm doing. Some days are better than others, but, I'm hoping through my journey here on this site with trying to lose weight and trying to get stronger, that that will be easier when the strong person I feel I am inside can finally match the outer shell.

• Like 6

I think you look great :) That model seems to be a good fit although she looks heavier than you with larger boobage, but if you have on a good bra that might account for it.

Thats something I have noticed here, it seems like if we perceive ourselves as heavy, most of us are choosing models that are heavier than we are...and the opposite for those of us that see ourselves as too thin. Only a few have found truly accurate representations that I have seen. It's interesting to see such diversity with body size, shape and type yet so little difference in our collectively skewed image perception...but maybe thats bc people who dont have skewed perception of their bodies aren't feeling the need or desire to post here.

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I think you look great :) That model seems to be a good fit although she looks heavier than you with larger boobage, but if you have on a good bra that might account for it.

Thank you. Don't let the chest fool you. I'm wearing two sports bras. I'm probably about the model's chest size, if not bigger (I literally don't know what bra size I am, but I wear an H cup)

• Like 1

Thank you. Don't let the chest fool you. I'm wearing two sports bras. I'm probably about the model's chest size, if not bigger (I literally don't know what bra size I am, but I wear an H cup)

I thought that might have been it. So then yeah shes a good shape match but I think you are thinner than she is

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I made that same disclaimer in my picture. Super-duper sports bra. I'm definitely bigger than my picture shows. Have you tried an Enell sports bra? I always needed to wear two bras until I got one of these. Pretty? No. Absolutely effective? Yes. I feel like an Enell evangelist, but they really are awesome. Changed my whole exercise experience.

• Like 4

Level 2 -- Druid

STR 1 | STA 2 | DEX 3 | CON 4 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Main Quest: Lose 70 lbs in 2015. 15 down, 55 to go.

Challenge 2 (Druid)

Challenge 1 (Recruit)

I made that same disclaimer in my picture. Super-duper sports bra. I'm definitely bigger than my picture shows. Have you tried an Enell sports bra? I always needed to wear two bras until I got one of these. Pretty? No. Absolutely effective? Yes. I feel like an Enell evangelist, but they really are awesome. Changed my whole exercise experience.

I might have seen those while viewing sports bras for the well endowed, but didn't give them a second thought. I have gotten my sports bras at Lane Bryant when they have a sale going. I will have to give those sport bras a look.

IMG_20150131_214020069.jpg

Since we were talking about self love and this just happen to be today's message of the day.

• Like 3

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Castiel.... ummm.... excuse me a moment while I wipe some drool here. .... you are super cute!

Also I wrote this thing a long time agohttps://alienjenn.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/blubber/

The update would be that he's note 14 and BARELY 100# on a good day. ... that he's eaten well. ... he also now eats an average on 5k calories a day (closer to 8-9k on a high activity day. .... it's not uncommon for him to eat an entire gallon of ice cream AFTER a complete dinner after we get home from a week of hiking)

Oh man can I relate to him, I didn't break triple digits until high school myself. Could see ribs all the way to my senior year, finally fixed that with boot camp.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

sistah I see that you have seen the enell light! we must go forth and spread the good news!!!

Oh man can I relate to him, I didn't break triple digits until high school myself. Could see ribs all the way to my senior year, finally fixed that with boot camp.

he is much happier with his body now... it helps that he is SUPER strong

10406774_10202533828401855_3723041737217

this is one of the best "flexing" pictures he has... he actually can hold this pose for like 5 min... and he gets BORED more than getting weak :P  I mean... how many 14 year olds do you know that can hike 300 miles over the summer... or who can ride 200 miles on a bike in a few days... and can do it while carrying a fairly substantial load (I TRY to make him limit his load to ~25# but it usually ends up being closer to 35-40# because he finds rocks he wants to carry... one time we were out and he found a 5# block of quarts he wanted... so he carried it for 60 miles walking back to the car... he was like "well as I eat my food the pack gets lighter!!!" me?? I would be like SCREW YOU!!!)

becoming more capable as a person has helped him realize he has an awesome body... he says he is like captain america before he was captain america :)

• Like 3

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

You can assure him that if he keeps it up puberty will do for him what the drugs did for captain america. The biggest regret in my life is still, not starting my lifting at 16 :D

That's not necessarily true.... genetics plays a lot into it. .. my biological father was a bean pole and he was in the army and did pt all the time and had a terrible time keeping weight. .... he was over six feet ands less than 140 for his entire adult life. ... the stories of his exploits at restaurants were amazingly astronomical. .... from what family members tell me (he died when I was 7) he CONSTANTLY ate and exercises

Spoiler

sistah I see that you have seen the enell light! we must go forth and spread the good news!!!

Yay! My Enell sistah! Oh, I love it so much. I'm on my third one, over about 10 years. My only regret is that I didn't learn about it sooner. Like, while I was in high school on the basketball team.

I saw a busty woman today running on the treadmill and she was not wearing an Enell. It took every ounce of strength I had not to go over and tell her about it.

Hallelujah, my large-bosomed sisters, I have Good Tidings for thee!

• Like 3

Level 2 -- Druid

STR 1 | STA 2 | DEX 3 | CON 4 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Main Quest: Lose 70 lbs in 2015. 15 down, 55 to go.

Challenge 2 (Druid)

Challenge 1 (Recruit)

Yay! My Enell sistah! Oh, I love it so much. I'm on my third one, over about 10 years. My only regret is that I didn't learn about it sooner. Like, while I was in high school on the basketball team.

I saw a busty woman today running on the treadmill and she was not wearing an Enell. It took every ounce of strength I had not to go over and tell her about it.

Hallelujah, my large-bosomed sisters, I have Good Tidings for thee!

I talk to them especially if they look uncomfortable. ...

I might have to splurge on one next quarter.

You totally should dear. ...

Totally

• Like 1

Spoiler