Forums are back in action! ×

Chin-ups! Yes, chin-ups!

Googling 'how to do a pull-up' in 2012 was what led me here. Some of you may know that I've been fighting hard for the last 15 months or so to lose weight...down more than 50 pounds.

I have not been training chin-ups or pull-ups (or, more accurately, modifications of them) for most of that time, but I have now been doing so for months. Hell, the first time I ever grabbed a pull-up bar last year (before starting to lose the 50+ pounds), I could not budge from a dead hang.

I had to break up my workout for today in half because I was running late for work. When I went back to it at lunchtime, it felt great to not have the usual accumulated fatigue by the time my turn for neutral-grip chins came. I'd been able to get my chin up to the level of the handgrips before today, but never over them.

Imagine my shock when I could not only get the chin over the hands...but could hold it there for 10 seconds. It just came out of nowhere.

...then I took my customary 2:00 rest break and DID IT AGAIN?!?!?!?!

And then I could get my chin up to the handgrips a third time? What the hell is going on here?

So, after never being able to do one until today, I did TWO??? I would NEVER have guessed that this was coming.

After a childhood filled with physical activity fails and more than 15 years of inactivity in adulthood, this community and all of you in it have come to mean more to me over the last two years than I can even begin to describe. It couldn't have happened without you.

I love you guys.  <3

Thanks, Beam. It's been great to have you around here this last little while.

Once I got to work this morning, someone brought in doughnuts...which I turned down even though I knew they would be delicious. Crullers, to be exact.

When I returned from lunch and the gym, I had a cruller and a half to celebrate...and they have never tasted so goooooooooooooooood. :D