Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, fellow nerds.

I've been lurking about this place for a while and reading Steve's blogs, and have now decided it's time for me to jump into this. I'll be joining the January 5th challenge.

About me... my name is Donovan. I'm 29, mere months away from 30. Which is truly freaking me out. I've been sitting here waiting for my life to start, and all along time has been ticking away. If people are to be believed, I look young for my age (I think it's more that I act young for my age), but I feel old. My endurance is crap. I wake up stiff, my joints ache. My knees are starting to give me trouble. I have heartburn. Basically, I'm a mess. My biggest problem is my weight. I'm 5'8", about 225lbs. I'm on my feet all day at work and some days can get quite physical, but it's not consistant enough, nor is it physical enough. I need to get this weight down. That will go a long way to helping me with my knee pain and allow me to work on some of my other issues. I've started weaning myself off the liquid calories. I carry my water bottle with me and I haven't had a soda in about a week. Which is good, since I was drinking about 2-3 a day. I just bought myself the app The Walk. I did the first chapter yesterday. Wanted to continue with it this morning, but the weather had other plans. Tomorrow looks clear, though. In addition to losing weight, I'd really like to build up some muscle. Especially in my shoulders. They're pathetic. I've always had a hard time building muscle. But I'm going to work at it. I've started with some incline push-ups. Until I can do a real one (my upper body strength is truly pathetic).

That's pretty much it. I'm tired of waiting for the life I want to have, the body I want to have. It's not just going to come in the mail one day. I need to go out there and look for what I want. It's time for Van to man up.

Welcome to NerdFitness Donovan! You're off to a great start and I'm sure that if you continue building that habit (you must tell me more about that app, I have not heard of it) you'll rock your first challenge!  I'm excited to start my first challenge too!

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Adipose!! :D

Welcome to NF!  It's time to take your life back!! It's hard work but you can do it, there are many people here who are proof of that. :)  Good luck on your first challenge, take it slow, and never stop moving forward!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Welcome to NerdFitness Donovan! You're off to a great start and I'm sure that if you continue building that habit (you must tell me more about that app, I have not heard of it) you'll rock your first challenge!  I'm excited to start my first challenge too!

The Walk is an app that tells you a story as you move. You have to move along the route to unlock more of the story. I find it very fun and motivating. I want to know what happens next. Did episode 2 this morning. It's made by the same people who did Zombie Run. After I finish this one, I want to then get the Zombie 5k, then Zombie Run. Good luck on your first challenge, too.

Adipose!! :D

Welcome to NF!  It's time to take your life back!! It's hard work but you can do it, there are many people here who are proof of that. :)  Good luck on your first challenge, take it slow, and never stop moving forward!

I'm ready to wave goodbye to my little Adipose :D

Thanks for the encouragement.

One other change I forgot to mention. I haven't smoked a cigarette since the 26th. I'm using an e-cig for now and hope to eventually get off that as well. That ought to help with my endurance.

• Like 1