Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys need help with starting out!

Well, the fact that you took the time to create an account and post here is a good first step, so bravo!  Obviously, you want to make a change. 

First, I would suggest looking at the people in your life.  Is there someone you want to get into shape for?  (For me, I want to get in shape to set a good example for my daughter)  Or is there someone who is having health problems that you want to avoid?  (my dad and grandpa have both had issues related to their weight)  Thinking about these people could help motivate you to get moving. 

If that isn't enough, and I know from experience, sometimes it isn't, try reading some of the posts in the NF Blog.  After reading a few of those I am ready to run a marathon in full armor.  

Hope that helps. 

Sir Thalianost, Level 9 Human Knight (Training as a Warrior)

STR - 24.6 | DEX - 4.1 | STA - 1.7 | CON - 15.4 | WIS - 3.2 | CHA - 4.1

Those who live by the sword die by the sword... and wouldn't want it any other way.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th

Current Challenge:

Thalianost Branches Out

Does your school have a gym available to students?  That might be something to look into, either before, between or after classes, hitting the gym where you can squeeze in the time.

Best of luck and welcome to NF!

“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.â€

~ Buddha

Fitocracy | My Blog | Shiny Dayglo Battle Log

That's a good point mostly I just want to get in shape. I don't like feeling weak all the time and tired. But good news I have started the beginner's workout from Steve and its going pretty well so far! I really like the body weight routines do any of you have any other good workouts routines or suggestions when I level up?

If you like body weight routines, this guy has a ton of them (and they have pictures!). 

• Like 1

Sir Thalianost, Level 9 Human Knight (Training as a Warrior)

STR - 24.6 | DEX - 4.1 | STA - 1.7 | CON - 15.4 | WIS - 3.2 | CHA - 4.1

Those who live by the sword die by the sword... and wouldn't want it any other way.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th

Current Challenge:

Thalianost Branches Out

If you like body weight routines, this guy has a ton of them (and they have pictures!). 

Ooh. Those look handy. Thanks for posting that link, Thalianost.

Clayt, are you going to try a NerdFitness 6 Week Challenge? The next one starts fairly soon, Feb 23. You could make your challenge adding a bodyweight routine to your life 3x a week, or something like that. :3