Forums are back in action! ×

Late night musings...shit be heavy yo

I must be the unlucky women of the group. I switch back and forth from tomboy to "girly". I had/have to hear all through out my childhood, teen years, and now adult years, to stop acting like a man and wanting to wear "men" clothes/hairstyles.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

To pop in quickly, I stopped reading, but saw that there was some arguments on wage gap between men and Women. I use to think it was a silly thing, and that it was based on jobs and such... Then I saw this great, and Hilarious video:

John Oliver is on point with social issues. 

1359977318397_Awesome.gif

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

So why such an extreme reaction? Why is it that I could watch Gargoyles but a boy who liked watching Care Bears is suddenly gay?

Because its okay (in the view of "mainstream" (read homophobic, misogynistic fuckwits) society) to be a man, but its not okay to be a woman.

• Like 1

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

there are issues that some men have faced and have had to deal with that are the result of the patriarchy that some other men and most women don't really understand. They can try to understand, they can try to empathise, they can try to sympathise, they can try to understand. But there's something about the lived experience that that can't capture

I agree entirely - lived experience is far more meaningful than reading about something or seeing it in a movie. BUT those movies do exist, and those themes are highly prevalent within most of our culture (because when we represent the human condition, we use men). Thats all im saying.

Im really frustrated by this thread, so im sorry if i come as an ultra-douche when i write. I feel like my initial post (on the breakdown between sex / gender / expression) was largely ignored and thats really been the crux of every argument ive tried to make.

• Like 1

It's the moose on the inside that counts.