Forums are back in action! ×

I just signed up a little bit ago after being referred by a friend who also just signed up. I'm trying to get my bearings here, and despite being a little overwhelmed and intimidated, this seems like an awesome site!

I have been trying in fits and starts to get back into shape for the past few years, even managed to run a Warrior Dash last summer, but nothing has stuck. This has been really frustrating, because I used to be an athlete, first in track and field as a thrower and then rugby. Man I miss rugby. Unfortunately I got injured a few times and now suffer from chronic pain. As long as I'm careful I can still work out, but the aches and pains make very good excuses to not get off my butt. 

I recently took up archery, and want to do more obstacle course runs, maybe even competitively. I'm thinking of a wood elf ranger for my character, based off my dnd character. I was wondering whether I should start as an adventurer or dive straight into ranger, since I have a good bit of experience already. Any advice? Also, when does one join a guild? And how, just post in their forum, or is there a sign up?

Lv 1 Wood Elf, 

A New Beginning C1:  A Rough Start, b=But Still a Start

Lv 7 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 15 | DEX: 8 | STA: 12 | CON: 11 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 12

Welcome aboard!  I can help a little, I hope!

The next challenge cycle starts on 2/23.  Everyone (regardless of starting fitness level) starts their first challenge as a Recruit as opposed to joining a guild.  The Recruits get a lot of additional assistance regarding forum things and real life RP things and, of course, a lot of folks from various guilds peek in and help to support you as you progress!  You'll meet a lot of people, get used to the system, and ultimately, emerge at level 2 at the end of the cycle, at which point you will be able to join a guild of your choosing.  To join a guild, you basically update the crest under your user pic if desired, and, when your SECOND challenge cycle starts, post your challenge thread in the forum designated to your new guild.  SOme guilds have separate sign-ups, some don't.... things will vary based on where you end up.

Hope that helps!

• Like 4

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Ah cool, that actually helps a lot!

Lv 1 Wood Elf, 

A New Beginning C1:  A Rough Start, b=But Still a Start

Lv 7 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 15 | DEX: 8 | STA: 12 | CON: 11 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 12