Forums are back in action! ×

Okay, GOT nerds, for those of you that have read the books, are you going to watch the show that comes back tomorrow? I have heard rumors that they are going to show some things that are beyond the books. I have heard that GRRM has given some freedom to the screen writers to change the story a bit, so that those of us that have read the books will still have some surprises in store when we read The Winds of Winter (if it ever freakin is published). Just wondering if anyone else is having the same internal struggles on watching it. I wanna watch it, but I need WoW!

Heh, I've preferred to read the books before watching the show, but the idea of trying to avoid a world full of GoT spoilers for however long before ASOIAF is finished is too much. 

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

I'm going to watch it.  Mostly think of it as a different telling of the same story.  After all, the Stark kids are all about 5 years older in the show compared to the books.

Also,

I self identified with Grenn when I read the books a few years back AND NOW HE'S DEAD IN THE SHOW!

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

I'm still catching up with the books, but I still intend to watch it. The show has changed so many things with GRRM's blessing and involvement that I don't even worry about spoilers anymore. To me, the whole franchise has almost taken on the feel of history, in that I don't mind learning things in bits and pieces, in and out of chronological order--it just feels like learning a new detail or perspective on a story so big the order doesn't even matter anymore.