Forums are back in action! ×

Open PvP - 13th July - Rangers vs TheWorld - 7 min Burpee AMRAP

What!? A burpees challenge that no one told me about!? This will allow me to take out my latent frustration at the lack of burpees during CF Open 15. I'm in.

Yes yes another Ranger enters the fray! Glad to have you in on the action :encouragement:

x354-q80.jpg

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I am disappointed in the lack of Assassins here. Also, do no other Scouts burpee?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Oh, one other thing, I just wanted to clarify the standard of movement. I'm tracking chest and hips to the floor at the bottom and both feet leave the ground with hands overhead at the top.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Oh, one other thing, I just wanted to clarify the standard of movement. I'm tracking chest and hips to the floor at the bottom and both feet leave the ground with hands overhead at the top.

You need to touch a bar,rings or tape on wall 6 inches above your oustretched arms. Look at the standards for 12.1 link in my first post

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

You need to touch a bar,rings or tape on wall 6 inches above your oustretched arms. Look at the standards for 12.1 link in my first post

Ah okay, those standards. I am familiar with them from 13.1.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Well the doctors orders are in and sadly I'm not going to be able to take part in the PvP. Gutted. I had a car accident on a freeway 2 weeks ago, a massive truck ran into the rear of our car 3 times and I have whiplash.

I'd like to either postpone the PvP entirely until the end of the next challenge, or you guys can continue this time and I'll re-advertise it after for the end of next challenge so you can benchmark now and redo it again in 7 weeks time to measure your progress.

Sorry to let you down @barefootdawsy but nothing I can do unfortunately....

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

i'm for postponing it.

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

using this double post to second raider's thoughts 

• Like 1

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Glad you made it out of there without anything more serious. Heal up quick!

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

5 days left. If I keep up my average pace from yesterday's WOD, I should be able to do better than my original score #burpeesforEndor

i haven't done one in weeks. knee is dangerously close to being better (:)) so we'll see what happens. i'm pretty confident

• Like 1

Know what today is? B)

Spent 8+ hours driving from OH back to GA today. My WOD tomorrow will be GI Jane. That will have to suffice for this round...then I'll do it for realz when Endor makes his triumphant return.

• Like 2

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

GI Jane time was 10:49.

That was not fun.

• Like 2

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

What the hell, throw my hat in the ring.  Do we have a tentative date at this point?

5e6f885ffa6316214a78465d2b3d5f24e70bb927

My Ranger inspiration, these days at least, is Jason Momoa's portrayal of Conan the Barbarian.  Though Gerard Butler as King Leonidas or Hugh Jackman as Wolverine are certainly up there.

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Sadly my neck is still not in great shape, however I've put a line in the sand, battle will commence on Monday 13th July.

See the first post in this thread for updated date and minor rule change, being that you can perform the workout at any time during the week leading up to 13th (last week of the next 6 week challenge) as well to help people with scheduling. If you're mad enough to want to repeat it for a better number during that week, that's ok too.

I've also changed the PvP to Rangers vs TheWorld as I don't know yet if I'll be well enough to take part (I hope so), feel free to invite members of other guilds to join in and attempt to defy the inevitable Ranger win :tyrannosaurus:

• Like 4

Feb-March 2022 Challenge