Forums are back in action! ×

Open PvP - 13th July - Rangers vs TheWorld - 7 min Burpee AMRAP

Unless of course they're American Swings.

Then you will live forever?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

7816057_20150406064957.jpg

I see a broken picture linky thing.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

The closer this date approaches the less I'm looking forward to this... but that's the point, isn't it? 

4bd733df9b006ab60b8a1793c5cd28922741a323

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I wanted to turn my results in back on Wednesday. Now that I am on vacation everything has gone down the tubes in a hand basket.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Well I misremembered the date and did mine just now. I would call it a baseline and do them again, but...no. I had a stomachache for like 10 minutes afterwards and I'm still dripping sweat from my chin onto my shorts. Also, my L1 instructor described a phenomenon called "breathing out of both ends" that may occur after a particularly intense workout. I nearly experienced a variation of that.

I will, however, wait until closer to the actual date to post my score.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Our battle will take place on Monday 13th July, up to 1 week before is acceptable for scheduling.

Sunday is [my] Day of Days.  If I post here, carve it into stone, and sign up for Open Gym at the box, hopefully that'll force me to follow through.

• Like 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

All right! turning in my test results. Weeks late.

61 in seven minutes. Way faster than I thought I'd do. Cool!

Congrats Kishi, that's a decent score :applause:

Well I misremembered the date and did mine just now. I would call it a baseline and do them again, but...no. I had a stomachache for like 10 minutes afterwards and I'm still dripping sweat from my chin onto my shorts. Also, my L1 instructor described a phenomenon called "breathing out of both ends" that may occur after a particularly intense workout. I nearly experienced a variation of that.

I will, however, wait until closer to the actual date to post my score.

Breathing out of both ends, ha ha love it!!  Glad to hear you got it done, everyone underestimates this workout, that's one of the things I love about it. "Only 7 mins"...sounds so easy but once it's done you know better ;)

Sunday is [my] Day of Days.  If I post here, carve it into stone, and sign up for Open Gym at the box, hopefully that'll force me to follow through.

I'll be excited to hear your score, expecting big things from the Rangers :tyrannosaurus: 

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Getting close to B-Day now, thanks everyone that has been brave enough to throw their hats in the ring. 

I've done it once before, some general tips from that experience:

- Pace your reps methodically at a level you can stick to the whole way through. For example keep an eye on the clock and get one rep every 5 secs, this will get you 12 a minute for 84 reps, vary according to your ability,

- Better to go slower at the start and finish strong than burn out too early!

- Snap your hips to save your arms and legs!

- Try to land flat on your feet, too much toes will toast your quads!

- Smile though your abs are breaking, if you try you'll get by, jusssst smile!! :D

Have fun, sadly I am still in the depths of whiplash from the car accident but I will do some token reps for solidarity and I promise I will complete this workout once I am recovered ;)

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Did another 7' AMRAP (7 Pullups, 7 KB Swings, 7 Burpees) last night during the meetup of Crossfit boxes of our lovely city. That ends my 3 days in a row of training in order to keep up with my challenge goals for the week. I expect to do Endor's WOD of Death for my PvP during the weekend so I'll probably cut myself some slack and take it easy on the 13th. Probably gonna try this out on Wednesday (15th)

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I thought it closes on the 13th. How much time after that are we allowed?

My run is still planned for Monday the 13th.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Want to play?  MFPvP

I thought it closes on the 13th. How much time after that are we allowed?

My run is still planned for Monday the 13th.

*checks original post* Officially 13th is the last day but given his schedule I'll make an exception and allow @DarK_RaideR 2 days grace ;)

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Completed earlier today at the box.

79, for a 19 rep increase over my previous score earlier this year.  Still not mind-boggling by any standard and I think there was lots of room for improvement, but I'm pleased with the increase still.

• Like 3

7 minutes.  Touch the 8-foot ceiling for the 6-inch rule.  97 Burpees.  Entering it right now.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP

Completed earlier today at the box.

79, for a 19 rep increase over my previous score earlier this year.  Still not mind-boggling by any standard and I think there was lots of room for improvement, but I'm pleased with the increase still.

Nice score, that is a nice big increase, well done!

7 minutes.  Touch the 8-foot ceiling for the 6-inch rule.  97 Burpees.  Entering it right now.

Wowsers, that's a great result, good job!

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

All right! turning in my test results. Weeks late.

61 in seven minutes. Way faster than I thought I'd do. Cool!

I updated the sheet with your score.

Anyone else, please post your score here and also update the sheet

Feb-March 2022 Challenge