Forums are back in action! ×

Open PvP - 13th July - Rangers vs TheWorld - 7 min Burpee AMRAP

101 is bloody impressive.  I had to track down the CrossFit Open scores from 12.1 to see what the winning reps were at the time.

143 for women (Kristan Cleaver).

161 for men (Scott Panchik and Danila Shokhin tie).

http://therxreview.com/reebok-crossfit-games-open-12-1-final-results/

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Well I misremembered the date and did mine just now. I would call it a baseline and do them again, but...no. I had a stomachache for like 10 minutes afterwards and I'm still dripping sweat from my chin onto my shorts. Also, my L1 instructor described a phenomenon called "breathing out of both ends" that may occur after a particularly intense workout. I nearly experienced a variation of that.

I will, however, wait until closer to the actual date to post my score.

The actual date was yesterday, but we have one posting tomorrow.

Everybody seems to start off at 67, then Machete joins. There go my chances of ever winning this xD

I'm glad I mentioned him because I knew he would do well.  :)

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

This WOD is actually a very good test of your hip power, hamstring flexibility, general endurance and mental toughness.

I expect it will probably take about 6 month for memories to fade and rose tinted glasses to appear....I think you can all guess what Father Christmas is going to bring you :P

Excellent score @Machete :positive:

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

The actual date was yesterday, but we have one posting tomorrow.

Forgot that I wouldn't be able to post yesterday. I was traveling all day.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

So I was having a shitty day and though "hey, I know how to make this worse, let's do 12.1 over a knee-destroying mosaic floor!"

My day is still shitty, but at least I scored a 70 which is +3 from my baseline

Nice work!

I'm thinking of re-tackling this WOD around Christmas to see if I can at least break 90.  I feel like I rested and slowed myself too much during the test on Sunday, 85+ is probably within my grasp already.  We did burpee box jump overs for the WOD today and they felt pretty good despite the heat and humidity.

Burpee Machine, activate!

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Would anyone else be interested in seeing this as another BW leaderboard?  I'd like to see more than just pushups and pullups and we've already got a lot of people posting scores here.

• Like 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Would anyone else be interested in seeing this as another BW leaderboard?  I'd like to see more than just pushups and pullups and we've already got a lot of people posting scores here.

Absolutely.  I've only just recently discovered the leader boards over in the body weight forum, and now I'm addicting to them.  You folks have already inspired me to add new goals to my next challenge!

Mostly game here - I did mine at home and tagged the ceiling.  Now the ceiling has claw marks and there is popcorn all over the carpet, so I don't want to repeat it too many times.  On the other side, there was not a huge difference between jump and clap and jump and tag.

I will add that it was not fun missing rep 77 three times.  (Four jumps to get it cost me a rep or two)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Want to play?  MFPvP

@Dark_RaideR see told you so :)

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Thanks mate. Makes it easier when there's nobody calling 'no rep' at me ;)

What? no judge...hmmmmm I think you might have to repeat at the next meetup with a suitable judge in place, just so happens I know one....:P

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I think I'd rather drink beer and play video games, but thanks for the offer ;)

You might be old enough to remember this.......I think it should be re-made with a Burpee edition :lol:

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I never said no. As a matter of fact, since you came up with both this PvP and the idea for a leaderbord, I think you should also be the one to set it up :D

Where's Rooks when you need him?!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Theory:  You can gain 30% just by practicing regularly.

Thanks mate. Makes it easier when there's nobody calling 'no rep' at me ;)

I also think it helps if somebody is yelling at me to stop sucking wind and get back at it.  5 more.  Just get down and do 5.  30 seconds left.  You can squeeze in 8 more reps.  Then you can rest all you want.  I imagine it also helps if you are next to people who are also doing it.

Still, you put up a great score. The Warriors are well represented

I was their only representation.  Trying to talk other Warriors into doing this PvP Challenge made me think of my high school days when I was trying to ask a girl for a dance.  Some would just ignore me.  Some would flat-out say NO.  Some would just laugh in my face.  Um.  NO.

I think it's about time Sam came out, he's clearly a Ranger in disguise with that score :)

I made that comment in my Challenge thread.

Running.  Burpees.  Weights.  This looks more like a Ranger Challenge!    :lol:

The response I got was:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP

Double post.  My bad.