Forums are back in action! ×

beginning of a journey

Hello all! Another newbie reporting for duty. 

Brief history: once upon a time, about 10 years ago, I managed to get my diet and exercise in order and lose more than 50 pounds. It was great! 

... and then life pelted me with a bunch of health problems. Mental health, physical health, health of family members, you name it. And all my habits went downhill again. 

Currently, I weigh at least 20 pounds more than my previous highest weight. (I haven't weighed myself in a while, that's going to be tomorrow's depressing task.) I'm seriously out of shape, and exercise is made difficult by a new-ish diagnosis of asthma. I have higher blood pressure than I'd like, especially given family history. In short, I need to do something, and it needs to start now.

I'm staring at 40 in about 16 months (but who's counting?), and I want to be in much better shape by the time that birthday rolls around. (Possibly, in good enough shape to walk around for days on a tour of the British Isles, if finances cooperate!) More concrete short terms goals are being formulated now. I'm eyeing the Druids, as I enjoy yoga and my mental health practitioners have advised me that a meditation practice would do me a world of good. I need the motivation and encouragement of a good community, and this one seems to be awesome. So greetings! I'm looking forward to getting to know people around here, and to fighting the good fight along side you!

• Like 2

Welcome Welcome!!!

You already have a goal for 40 :D 

To motivate yourself and keep your physical goals in line with what you want to do have you thought about googling and researching how much walking an average active vacation to the British Isles would be every day? Maybe keeping that goal in mind will help work towards it and keep your motivation fresh for the next 16 months (which would be an AWESOME accomplishment!) 

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both