Forums are back in action! ×

Zelda-themed nursery question

Hi nerds!

So my wonderful sister and brother-in-law are having their first kid this summer. They decided on a Legend of Zelda/Kokiri Forest themed nursery immediately. Because they're awesome nerds like that.

My Dad and I have built a big wooden trunk for the nursery, and the next step is burning Zelda-related designs into it. I have the royal crest/tri-force symbol picked out already, but cannot think of what else to put on the other sides! So I'm seeking suggestions from all of you lovely nerds - mainly because I know you are people of good taste AND my sister isn't on this website. So suggestions please? The simpler the better - pyrography is new to me and simple designs are far easily to sketch out and burn.

:)

• Like 1

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

I think you can also benefit from having Zelda-themed stain glass windows like in The Wind Waker! I did that once for a project, and it was really cool and fun to see how it turned out! It would seem like a really great DIY project for your sis! Maybe you can also fancy having the masks from Majora's Mask made as well. That might be cool, too! You have to decide if going with the forest background or a castle background would be ideal considering the mix of themes you might have.... Maybe make it like a Forest Temple? (Oh man, that dungeon still gives me shivers at times.)

Maybe you can also have the spiritual stones etched on the chest too.

You guys gotta get pictures when you're done! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

I'm a bit lazy to make a signature at the moment, but here's some things:

Challenge 2 | Captain's Log

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captMurasa

The six sage medallions from OoT

zelda_sage_medallions_3d_printed_by_magi

And the Spiritual Stones

332ded4a0a51d9d2d7def49296742dbf.jpg

A simplified Majora's Mask could work as well

majora__s_mask_by_kaminekro-d532iet.jpg

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Pyrography can be very tedious, but looks great!

cant wait for pictures!!!

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal