Forums are back in action! ×

So ashamed...Total failure

Hi my name is Melanie, ufff... here I am... again... and ashamed T_T

Everything was going ok and suddenly I don't know what happened.... In conclusion: I dropped everything and I gained all the kg I had dropped and gained 5 kg more! I have the same weight I had as an obese child :'( 
I'm so depressed!! I know it is not the same because I was 13-14 years old with 95 kg, and now I am 24 years old (1,73 mts) with more muscular mass that I had. Anyway is depressing. On December, I was depressed because I get to 90 kg ... now I want to shot my foot for being so stupid and for letting me to hurt myself more.

I'm sad, angry, and full of extreme emotions. She-Hulk wants to destroy!!!!   :mad-new: 

Now I'm trying to do my best and get on track again. On Monday, I went to the gym and I grabbed the barbel for the first time! I never did it before because I'm kind of shy of everyone around.... SHYNESS NO MORE! It felt great.. my legs and arms sores but I know it is a good sore!

This time I'm trying to do everything slower. Last time, suddenly I was full paleo, strength workout 3 times a week, swim 3 times a week after workout, go to work by bike everyday... I'm not going to lie, it was great but it was too much.

I feel I need a good gym buddy... I try to do it with my love, but I can't obligate her to do what she doesn't like. She is more "martial arts" type and I fell in love with strength! (Some weeks ago we bought 20lts of paint and she was making a huge effort to carry it from the cab to the apartment. When we were inside I grabbed the paint and she told me "NO!! Use both hands! It's really heavy!". When I picked it up I started to laugh so hard!! It wasn't thaaaat heavy to me! Working out has benefits indeed! I'm a stronger grrrrl  :D
I feel so alone sometimes... T_T

Anyways... Hi again... uhmm. 

Hope I can stick around here more  :) and maybe be able to end the next challenge... couldn't end the last 2.

And sorry for doing catharsis here... :eagerness:

• Like 3

Mel Naux ~my evil me~

Race: Doppelgänger | Class: None
[Lvl 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

MFP

Challenge: 11

You've got your head on straight this time, lady.  You go for it and if you fall, get back up again.  There are a ton of people on here in your situation - myself included.  You know what?  We're still here and we're still trying.  Screw the man if they judge - you're the only person who can judge yourself and that judgement cannot be influenced by what you believe others think of you.  

You've got your head on straight this time, lady.  You go for it and if you fall, get back up again.  There are a ton of people on here in your situation - myself included.  You know what?  We're still here and we're still trying.  Screw the man if they judge - you're the only person who can judge yourself and that judgement cannot be influenced by what you believe others think of you.  

Thank you for your warm words my Shayla!  :)

Is nice to interact with all kind of interesting people in similar situations. I get a huge sense of support.

Mel Naux ~my evil me~

MFP

Failing happens to the best of us … I think each one of us has heard at least ten times that successful people do not get where they are today without repeatedly failing and making mistakes, but it is indeed so hard to get into our heads. Especially when you have a culture where making mistakes is sean as a weakness and fatal flaw. :)

I feel the gym-buddy, lover issue. I am trying to motivate my boyfriend to work out, but it seems that the activities we enjoy do not overlap in the slightest. The only thing we found was bodyweight workouts, although even there once 

But maybe you could somehow play on her love for martial arts? Surely she is undergoing some kind of strength training to complement them or there is some kind of strength training she could undergo to complement them? Perhaps you could sit down and talk together about it and see if there is a program she could do in the gym and enjoy? She doesn't have to do exactly what you do, but just having someone go with you or be with you while you are working out can really help sometimes.

• Like 1

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

"Success does not come in dramatic twirls and grand flourishes; it is born of daily, determined application. Even creative success. Genius is less about ‘a-ha’ breakthrough moments, and more a willingness to persevere, to put on the shoes and get out into the cold, or to sit before the keyboard and start pounding something out." -Haruki Murakami

LOVE THIS - http://www.sunwords.com/2011/08/21/success-comes-from-daily-habits-not-natural-talent/

• Like 1

I'm sorry that things went downhill a little but the best thing is that you're getting straight back on that horse and not accepting defeat! I really admire that determination. You learn more from your mistakes, some say, and most importantly the journey to losing weight or fitness means training your mind equally as much as training your body and stomach - as you head back onto your plan again it will be re-enforced in your mind as a habit, as normal, as your lifestyle - and slowly it will get easier again. Best of luck, Melanie! Wishing you all the best. I know you can do it. Keep on fighting, fellow rebel! :D

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

Thank you Shayla for those words... Japanese people sure have a wonderful life philosophy. 

Thank you Aena! I'm aiming to healthy changes little by little this time... if I ate a piece of cake, it's ok... next meal we are going to make it healthy! :D (instead fo: "buaaaa!!! I'm a failure!! I'm gonna eat the whole cake because of it!!) hahahaha that's a no no. 

Mel Naux ~my evil me~

MFP