Forums are back in action! ×

I am a 38 year old mom of two young children.  I am not a "nerd" in the gaming/ weird movie sense but I'm a nerd in that I actually enjoy PTO, driving the Minion Mobile carpool, and spending my free time at the library and bookstore. My husband compares me to Bev Goldberg from The Goldbergs. I'd do anything for my family. Which is why I am here.  I've had some medical issues (two difficult & life threatening pregnancies and Crohn's Disease). I have made attempts to lose weight and get in shape before.  Last year before surgery for Crohn's, I was going in a fairly good direction, but surgery made me lose momentum and now I'm just not who I want to be.   I am tired! I am too big too lay on my son's bed without being afraid it is going to break.  I can never find things to wear.  I could stand to lose 100 lbs but I'm not so concerned about how small I get, but how strong, energetic and healthy I can be.  I would do anything for my family so I'm here to make myself better for them and also to be an example to them and hopefully inspire my husband to get healthier too.

I am here because I love how everything is laid out so clearly and broken down in steps.   Excited about this journey even if it will be challenging!

• Like 3

We're glad you're here! Take a look around and find something you like and let us know how it goes :)

• Like 2

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Welcome!  Everyone is a nerd at something.  Start doing something, anything, maybe taking the kids for a daily mile walk?  Choose something small, do it consistently, and grow the habit until you're completing more than you ever could have imagined.

• Like 1

"Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back" - Samurai Maxim

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4

Battle Log

Hinge HabitsBe Like WaterFailure Should Be WelcomedArchitect Your EnvironmentSet Goals For Processes Not Desires, Minimum Effective Dose 101 

Hi! Welcome to the Rebellion! I can honestly say you would be hard pressed to find a more supportive group of people to cheer you on!

Make sure to check out the blog posts, too! They are always great for a good "a-ha!" moment.

And don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it!

Rock on, Ninjamom!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG