Forums are back in action! ×

Guilty pleasure songs

I can't be the only one that has a guilty pleasure song on their gym playlist...right?

Most of my gym playlist is heavy rock/dubstep (i.e. disturbed, five finger death punch, slipknot, KSE, excision, celldweller, ect.) But then there's that one song that I love running too...Good for you by Selena Gomez...I don't know why but it pumps be up for my warm up run.

Anyway, I ask you nerdfitness, what's your guilty pleasure song at the gym?

"Рон, мÑтежный, проÑит бури, kак будто в бурÑÑ… еÑÑ‚ÑŒ покой!" - Mikhail Lermontov

I don't have my own separate list, the class that's in there plays one for themselves, but I have been known to sing along with "Let it go" and "Party in the USA" when it came on.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Also "Megitsune" by Babymetal. 

I don't listen to them often, but Babymetal is a great once-in-a-while fun band to listen to.  

Also, I suppose mine would be Katy Perry.  I usually hate pop in all its forms, but for some reason I can tolerate her music better.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Oh it would be perfect, but the music in our gym is always too loud and drowns out whatever I try to listen to through earphones. So I never bother trying to listen to music I like in the gym. If I had my own gym though...

What they DO sometimes play at my gym is Breathe by The Prodigy and that's a great gym song as well as an excellent. Guilty pleasure.

• Like 1

I don't listen to them often, but Babymetal is a great once-in-a-while fun band to listen to.  

Also, I suppose mine would be Katy Perry.  I usually hate pop in all its forms, but for some reason I can tolerate her music better.  

"Megitsune" is about the only song of theirs I can stand.  Anything else is just WAAAY too cutesy.  Katy Perry I can take or leave.

Of course, for truly ridiculous metal (and good workout music), it's hard to go wrong with Cookie Mongoloid.  Thrash versions of Sesame Street songs, sung by a guy in black leather and a Cookie Monster mask.  Then there's the flame throwers, cookie cannons, and motorcycles.

http://www.wearemongoloid.com/cookie/

• Like 1

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

What they DO sometimes play at my gym is Breathe by The Prodigy and that's a great gym song as well as an excellent. Guilty pleasure.

Ahh yes!  Prodigy is another one that doesn't come on often, but is great when it does.  Good call.  

for truly ridiculous metal

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!  You're not kidding.  But that is pretty funny.  Good find.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Katy Perry, the Pitch Perfect soundtrack, whatever is on pop radio and has bounce...

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs