Forums are back in action! ×

awesome app I use at the gym

Hey guys!

It doesnt happen all the time but sometimes Im at the gym and think "Did I do this? Did I do that?"...

Its a shame cause half the time I (and my buds too) forget to do my exercises on the dual press or weight bench or something.

I told a buddy of mine about this problem and the showed me a tool with which I can list my exercises at home and take em to the gym on my iPhone.

Its called listmymind.com (http://listmymind.com).

I use it with my iPhone all the time but I guess it works with android and blackberry too.

Maybe you guys find it as useful as I do.

I have a notepad app... I just type it in during rest periods.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Guys, I think he's an advertiser. 1 post on the day he joined and it was this.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Yeah, when I read it yesterday, I was thinking advertiser, but to answer gugi9000, take a look at Flex app. That's what I use to keep track of my sets and reps.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I have a notepad app... I just type it in during rest periods.

That's what I do. I want a tracker that has a built in timer, so I don't have to switch back and forth.

Maybe I should code that since an App is in my Epic Goals :-)

Yeah, when I read it yesterday, I was thinking advertiser, but to answer gugi9000, take a look at Flex app. That's what I use to keep track of my sets and reps.

I need a little help here as I don't suppose that you are referring to Adobe Flex :-) Which app is that?

That's what I do. I want a tracker that has a built in timer, so I don't have to switch back and forth.

Maybe I should code that since an App is in my Epic Goals :-)

I need a little help here as I don't suppose that you are referring to Adobe Flex :-) Which app is that?

Flex Workout Log is the name of it. You setup routines with sets of exercises (I have Mon, Wed, Fri routines set up with my various exercises). You set up the Sets Per Exercise and Reps Per Set in the settings. It also has 3 customized timers. Once you finish a set, hit one of your timers....when it is up, it will sound a small alarm (through the speakers if you don't have earbuds in, otherwise through the earbuds). It keeps your workout history and will allow you to export it to view/use in excel. It also allows you to enter your body stats and measurements that it will track and help you see your progress. Honestly, its a simple app with no big bells and whistles which is why I like it.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Looks like the advertiser got us talking about some interesting stuff.... heh. I may check out flex workout log. Suhweet.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I love Fleetly. It has waaaay too many features - it's like half social network - but you can ignore those. It also gives you a "fitness score" which you can multiply by your weight and see about how many calories you're burning. Might be too much for some people, but I like it as a piece of data that let's me quickly see how I'm trending. And you can create routines, use other user's routines, or randomly generate one. It has a timer on it, and let's you track reps and weight.

Liz Oh

Suburban Ninja

NF Intro

Twitter: @earthliz

Pinterest: I particularly like to identify #fitspo and #thinspo that has been photoshopped.

YouTube: Comics and Civics

Nothing beats ad-hoc notes for speed and flexibility. I use a pen-and-paper analog: seNote on Android, which is just a sticky-note widget.

Formal gym apps are fiddly (fancy a spontaneous change? gah) and I don't use timers. I tried clever cloud apps, but my gym is half underground and it seems they fall over when trying to sync to dead air (I'm looking at you, Evernote: fail!).

I need my phone anyway, 'cos I'm on-call often (and like to tweet "holy hell PB monster RAR" to my imaginary friends sometimes). So a tiny brainless KISS notes app beats taking pad and pen in *as well*.

YMMV, naturally.