Forums are back in action! ×

Holiday gaming tradition

I am curious as to whether other people have their own holiday gaming tradition.  Since discovering Steam a number of years back, I have enjoyed taking advantage of their holiday game sales.  While my new job this year has cut down on my time off, each Christmas for the last few years I have hidden from the cold outside and indulged myself in a new (to me) game.  Four years ago I took to Fallout 3 New Vegas; three years ago it was Skyrim; two years ago the Skyrim expansion of Solstheim (and later Dawnguard); and last year my computer was busted.  This year I would love to try Fallout 4, but really can't afford to drop that kind of money right now.  I picked up Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for $5, and am interested to see how that plays out.

So does anyone else have a holiday gaming tradition?

P.S. Based on my game choices above, I think it is plain to see who my favourite game developer is.  ;)

Gosh, I just bought Fallout 4 a few weeks ago [LOVIN ME SOME SYNTHS. And ghouls. Just.. yes. <3]

I'm actually in the process of saving up for my own gaming desktop to be used at my college, because my laptop is -not- cutting it. Good it is for Photoshop. Art? Heh.... no. Not at all.

Oh, and the pre-requisite streaming of silly games, in this case it's a dating sim, to the amusement of my friends. :D

My bf and I bust out an epic battle on Age of Kings on Christmas Eve morning. There's no school like old school ;)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs