Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

I just found out that I have a job interview next week. I'm weighing up whether or not I should shave off the beard. What say you, Nerd Fitness?

Hannibal, I have the Swanson Pyramid of Greatness mounted on my pin board at work and it's right behind me. So, it's like I have Ron Swanson watching my back.

I say it depends on what the beard looks like. If it's think, full, well trimmed, and it looks like it's been there for a long time, then keep it. If it's still short, too thin, uneven, or a even a little shabby, I say shave it. It is a job interview, after all.

If you're going to have someone watching your back, Ron Swanson is a good choice. I have the Swanson Pyramid as my laptop wallpaper.

Yes Hannibal I quit wrestling. Time + Money were hurting me. Plus it was taking away from the other things in life i love. Friends family. getting myself together for school. just all the fun had been sucked out if it. i won't even watch it now...unless it's japan. i'll always watch japan. but i refuse to watch anything right now. like i need a break. it's weird.

And GARTH! I say don't shave! just make it look nice and neat!

Fair enough. It's a damn shame you couldn't take it any further, but I can't tell you how many times I wish I had given it a try when I was in my early 20s, so kudos to you for taking the shot. And if I remember correctly you're about the same age I am, so double kudos to you for taking the shot in your late twenties/early thirties.

Guest Snake McClain

So for the first time EVER I talked to a woman at a bar. My friends talked me into it. So I went up and said, "hi. I'm Bruce and I think you're pretty. Can I sit and chat with you for a bit?"

She then told me how my hair was disgusting looking and I look like white trash.

That ladies and gentlemen are why I do not and will not ever talk to women again. Seriously. Like what the fuck did I do? Guess I figured out why she was staring at me.

So for the first time EVER I talked to a woman at a bar. My friends talked me into it. So I went up and said, "hi. I'm Bruce and I think you're pretty. Can I sit and chat with you for a bit?"

She then told me how my hair was disgusting looking and I look like white trash.

That ladies and gentlemen are why I do not and will not ever talk to women again. Seriously. Like what the fuck did I do? Guess I figured out why she was staring at me.

I've been in that boat, and reacted about the same. Here's one of the things I didn't figure out until after I was married, though (pay attention - this is important):

WGAF?

Seriously, it's not like this chick is in cahoots with every pretty girl you are ever going to see in a bar. Even if you get shot down next time, and the time after that - how is that different than if you didn't talk to them? You only need one fish to bite ;).

That may not have ended like what you expected, but don't give up Bro! Reflecting off Msuroo, there will be other girls for you to talk to, and eventually you'll find one that make you forget all about this chick. Besides, you were able to build up the courage to go talk to her, that's something some of us guys still need to develop :P

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Guest Snake McClain
I've been in that boat, and reacted about the same. Here's one of the things I didn't figure out until after I was married, though (pay attention - this is important):

WGAF?

Seriously, it's not like this chick is in cahoots with every pretty girl you are ever going to see in a bar. Even if you get shot down next time, and the time after that - how is that different than if you didn't talk to them? You only need one fish to bite ;).

Still made me feel bad. Like someone can't just say "not interested"?

Besides, you were able to build up the courage to go talk to her...

Bruce - this is huge too. Girls have a sixth sense about this shit - ask any one of them what they find attractive. 9 times out of 10, "confidence" is near the top of the list. Believe it or not, that can be learned. Every time you approach a girl, it will become more natural. Even if you get shot down again and again and again.

Still made me feel bad. Like someone can't just say "not interested"?

Oh, I hear you. Like I said, I've been there. One of those enlightening things that happens once you get married though, is that the "dating game" becomes so completely transparent. None of that stuff really matters, so why waste emotion on it?

@Snake, water off a ducks back mate. People who speak like that generally have a plank in their own eye, issues with themselves up the wazoo.

If someone speaks to you like that? do you bother being their friend? no. That relationship ain't worth pursuing.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

What is the old saying? "The guy that gets shot down the most times ends up leaving with the most numbers" or something like that. You did good. Keep it up, and you'll gain the confidence and you'll meet a girl who isn't a bitch.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Guest Snake McClain

I agree with you guys. She doesn't matter. But being talked to the way I did does. It just reminded me of every time I talked to someone years ago I I school of shortly after.

But being talked to the way I did does. It just reminded me of every time I talked to someone years ago I I school of shortly after.

As Rocky said, you've gotta take the hits and keep moving forward. No one said that Dating isn't scar-free, but like scars, they're only signs of progress made and obstacles overcome.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Guest Snake McClain
As Rocky said, you've gotta take the hits and keep moving forward. No one said that Dating isn't scar-free, but like scars, they're only signs of progress made and obstacles overcome.

Solid point.

You guys rock.

Rocky did not say that. He more mumbled something that sounded similar to that.

Level 1 Woodwose

Rocky did not say that. He more mumbled something that sounded similar to that.

You sure? Oh right, he said something about rolling with the punches, or something to that effect... I think... Either way, Bruce got the point.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Hey I've got a question for you guys, it's a bit embarrassing but, Meh.

I was always a skinny guy (or Elf) so since I'm now lifting and whatnot, I've noticed that I have pecs, however my right pec is more developed than my left pec, Granted, I'm right-handed dominant, but the difference is somewhat noticable. Should I be concerned? or checked for something? or is this Natural?

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Very natural. We're all off balance to some extent. You want to see off balance look at my shoulders in the pics in my challenge thread

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Very natural. We're all off balance to some extent. You want to see off balance look at my shoulders in the pics in my challenge thread

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Dude! You look like a Professional Lifter! if anything, you made me feel MORE self-consciouse :tongue: ....... Not to mention that I didn't see any differences in your shoulders.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Hey I've got a question for you guys, it's a bit embarrassing but, Meh.

I was always a skinny guy (or Elf) so since I'm now lifting and whatnot, I've noticed that I have pecs, however my right pec is more developed than my left pec, Granted, I'm right-handed dominant, but the difference is somewhat noticable. Should I be concerned? or checked for something? or is this Natural?

Ya, that is nothing to worry about. I've got a similar issue, but its like the opposite: my right bicep is more defined than my left bicep, but I am left-handed.

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." -Proverbs 14:23

----------------------------------------------------------

I. AM. A. BEAST!!!!!!!!!" -

It is perfectly natural. Everyone is lopsided, usually towards the right side, but that is partially, but not completely, due to handedness. It also has to do with the body's physiology(?). One arm is slightly longer than the other, as is one leg. The lungs are differently sized (to make room for the heart), and so on. Also, if you haven't noticed, women also have the same problem with their, ummm, "pecs" being different sizes. Maybe I just pay more attention to the details than most people do.

Level 1 Woodwose

It's just men here, right? So I don't mind sharing, but Bruce, since I've told you this story, this is just a reminder to say, I know how ya feel. So, quoting me from a PM:

"Less than a month ago, I was out late night with a buddy. We were about to close down a bar and I had noticed a girl across the room multiple times. Since I had a good bit of liquid courage inside of me, I approached her (even with her group of friends.....which I NEVER do). As soon as I get close, I give her a light tap on the arm with a simple "excuse me". Her friend standing next to her immediately stepped in front of me and started going off on me with "Uhmm....I don't think so! Don't even try! Just WALK AWAY!". I responded with "Wow....you're really doing this aren't you?" to which she replied "With you?!?! YEAH! Now, walk away!" Needless to say, I was pissed....my self esteem dropped to a new low. I thought to myself, "I've dropped 30+ lbs, gained muscle, looking better than I have looked in over 10 years and still get this shit!?!?" Steaming....I walked home....getting close to my place was a brick column that I decided to punch, out of anger. I hadn't done something like that since high school and was lucky to not have broken my hand, but it was a bloody mess. Woke up the next morning with my hand in pain and my ego in the shitter. I had to force myself beyond that with a "Fuck it! That was just one out of many....I'm doing this for me, AND IT WILL PAY OFF!""

And Bruce, for me, things are looking up...hang in there. I know all too well and dealing with the same. Some women are simply cruel. We can't change that.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Surprisingly, I'm right handed and left footed, but overall my left side carries more mass. It's kinda weird an annoying to be honest because I do mostly bodyweight stuff and my left leg carrying more mass means I get skewed development. Oh well, I hope that'll work itself out with squats and deadlifts, which I'VE FINALLY BEEN DOING. :D

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Guest Snake McClain
It's just men here, right? So I don't mind sharing, but Bruce, since I've told you this story, this is just a reminder to say, I know how ya feel. So, quoting me from a PM:

"Less than a month ago, I was out late night with a buddy. We were about to close down a bar and I had noticed a girl across the room multiple times. Since I had a good bit of liquid courage inside of me, I approached her (even with her group of friends.....which I NEVER do). As soon as I get close, I give her a light tap on the arm with a simple "excuse me". Her friend standing next to her immediately stepped in front of me and started going off on me with "Uhmm....I don't think so! Don't even try! Just WALK AWAY!". I responded with "Wow....you're really doing this aren't you?" to which she replied "With you?!?! YEAH! Now, walk away!" Needless to say, I was pissed....my self esteem dropped to a new low. I thought to myself, "I've dropped 30+ lbs, gained muscle, looking better than I have looked in over 10 years and still get this shit!?!?" Steaming....I walked home....getting close to my place was a brick column that I decided to punch, out of anger. I hadn't done something like that since high school and was lucky to not have broken my hand, but it was a bloody mess. Woke up the next morning with my hand in pain and my ego in the shitter. I had to force myself beyond that with a "Fuck it! That was just one out of many....I'm doing this for me, AND IT WILL PAY OFF!""

And Bruce, for me, things are looking up...hang in there. I know all too well and dealing with the same. Some women are simply cruel. We can't change that.

The funny part about this is I thought of your story right after it happened. I was like damn that's two of us. Seriously I don't wish anything lime that on people ever.

It actually had me thinking. To a degree I've been getting sort of...not arrogant. But..feeling good about myself. Thinking I look good and feel good. Maybe I just needed a reminder and needed my ego taken down a notch.