Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

7 hours ago, JupiterStar said:

so basically, what I do is when I take my once-a-year trip outside of Asia (since the only affordable countries to fly to from here end up have super-expensive visas or have the same problem with sizing), I get as much as I can afford after my $1000 plane tickets, and bring it back. But sadly, that doesn't do much when I get told that work wants me to have a white skirt suit for ceremony days and I only have a black once and need it in two weeks. 

That's what I do as well.  On my annual trip back to the US I take a mostly empty suitcase and come back with a mostly (sometimes completely) full one

7 hours ago, JupiterStar said:

I complain about it but I'm used to it. 

I so hear you

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

1 hour ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Just a question, but why not order from online? It's what I have to do for pants

Which by the way are extremely over-rated

I do order online from stores where I can get delivery in Japan without a ridiculous shipping fee attached? I mentioned an online store above, actually...

On 5/12/2017 at 9:25 AM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Holy crap Tomu-san, we were talking about a sub 2 hour marathon a few pages back and broke it down that they had to run a 4:34 mile for the entire thing, well last night I went to the track and managed to run a 1:13 400m (quarter mile) or a 4:52 mile for just once, I can't imagine trying to go faster for another 25+ miles....they are insane!!!

https://www.si.com/edge/2017/05/06/eliud-kipchoge-two-hour-marathon-nike-breaking2-results

25 seconds off. Yes, insane.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Just a question, but why not order from online? It's what I have to do for pants

Which by the way are extremely over-rated

If only Utilikilts weren't so blasted expensive... :(

• Like 2

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Maurice Moss

8 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Scotland  is on my list

Though I think we're going to hit Norway first, round trip flights for $250

Shetland is very close to Norway, and we have the ponies.  Just sayin'  ;) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Get a great kilt and you won't need a tent.

• Like 2

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

It's heartbreaking, I wish I could adopt them all.  **sniff, snuff**

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

On 5/15/2017 at 11:48 AM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

and more socially acceptable

I've worn my TD Kilt (from 5.11 tactical) 3 times so far this year. Can never go wrong with a kilt

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Man you're 1 up on me.....need to find some more events

Yea Guzzi if I ever hit the lotto so I can actually have a working ranch I would have at least 3 working dogs, plus some little fuzz butt that my wife would want

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

My ribcage won't stop itching.  I hate whoever decided women should wear metal wires underneath their sensitive bits.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

13 hours ago, Raincloak said:

My ribcage won't stop itching.  I hate whoever decided women should wear metal wires underneath their sensitive bits.

Ugh!  It's bloody awful.  Every night I scratch like mad after taking my bra off.  I hate it. 

13 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

FREE THE GIRLS!!!!

Or just buy non-wired bras? :P 

23 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I don't know how big you think I am, but definitely not big enough to use a circus tent as kilt; lmao

A great kilt uses between 5 and 9 yards of fabric (mine are the whole 9 yards :) ). Not a circus-tent worth, but easily a pup tent.

• Like 3

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss